• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Get #2 Pick!

Any post with that many asterisks can't be right :)

I understand the concern - but saying this is the same old same old just doesn't wash. We didn't throw a king's ransom of picks at some aging former pro bowler, we did it to grab a once or twice in a decade franchise QB.

Now, it's perfectly legitimate to wonder, as Elephant has, whether RGIII is THAT GUY - but if Shanallen believes RGIII is that kind of QB, I don't think we'll spend much time mourning those #1 picks the next 2 years. And if our front office are the draft geniuses everyone previously believed, they'll find ways to make the next 3 drafts pay off, even if we don't have our #1's in 2013 and 2014.

We might have gotten better with those two #1's, but I don't think the 'better' would match what RGIII or Luck will bring this team.

An RGIII in hand is worth 3 in the bush. Or something like that.

I am ecstatic.

And seriously, with 3 first rounders, why bother raping us for the 2nd round pick too? Seriously, wtf?

And let's stop repeating '3 first rounders' - we gave up two first rounders. Swapping this year's was an obvious requirement.

I actually don't care whether he lives up to the hype or the cost.
I'm just super excited, that for the first time in forever, we have excitement at the QB position. Someone who has a pretty good chance of scoring from anywhere on the field, with his arm or his legs.
When was the last time we could say that in DC ???

Within a week, Irsay will have signed his choice for the 1st pick in the draft because all of the attention he had been receiving is gone! The attention wh**e that he is, I bet he can't stand that no one is paying any attention to him now!

RG3 signs with the Colts before the free agency starts next week.

:allhail:

Oh. And don't think I'm not personally responsible for this glorious moment, having posted the RGIII countdown clock the moment our 2011 season ended.

From my mouth to God's (Snyder's?) ear.

Risky business?

You betcha.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geDCtBQeN8c[/media]

It's easy to say that this is "the same old Skins move" or "same old Snyder move".
The problem with that is that it's TOO EASY, to say that.

You can't truly say that if you put a lot of thought into it.

the cost for RG3 was 3 first round picks and a second round pick (which actually really hurts this year as the draft is deep in interior linemen.)

I will be the first one to admit im wrong if it happens Boone, I really think this thread should be stickied. But also like I said, if we drop off on offence (which would be hard with how bad we were this year) and then improve, I will be pissed, we had better be better right away. period.

Boone, I swear you're acting like Elliot Spitzer if he were able to be transported back to Medieval Arabia with a Harem at his disposal! Glad you are enjoying it. I hope that I can enjoy this move one day too! ;)

In all seriousness guys, I appreciate the contrarian viewpoints. Who knows what will happen? All I know is, if we suck, it won't be because we're relying on Rex effing Grossman or whatshisname under center. Griffin or Luck will be The Man in DC for a long time to come. I truly believe that. I don't know what a reasonable cost for that is, but I'm willing to pay what we paid.

Woohoo! High risk, but hopefully high reward!

Boone, I swear you're acting like Elliot Spitzer if he were able to be transported back to Medieval Arabia with a Harem at his disposal! Glad you are enjoying it. I hope that I can enjoy this move one day too! ;)

Ha! I am excited - I guess that's obvious :) I felt all along we'd have to give up two additional #1's to move up - I couldn't imagine it wouldn't take that. And I have a feeling about RGIII, his smarts, attitude, humility, that makes me believe he really is the next big star. If there's a bust in this draft, I'm willing to bet it's Luck, not Griffin. But again, time will tell.

This is a mistake. Brees is not worth three first rounders and a second and Griffin will likely never approach the numbers Brees had in 2011.

Then you go back and look at what the Giants gave up for Eli Manning who has now won two Super Bowls.

This was DOUBLE the compensation the Giants paid.

In the end I think Shanahan boxed himself into a corner by flubbing Year 1 with McNabb and being embarrassed with the decision to go with Grossman and Beck in Year 2.

He had to come up with something in Year 3 or his goose was cooked.

A good GM doesn't put himself in the position of making deals when the jugular is this exposed.

The Rams hit the jackpot.

This trade like the Walker trade for Dallas provides the picks to build a contender if the are used properly.

And we all know what happened to the team that just had to have Walker, the Vikings.

They are still waiting for another chance to win their first Super Bowl.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.