• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Get #2 Pick!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...skins-acquire-no-2-overall-pick-st-louis-rams

Holy ****. They pulled the trigger. Either a stroke of genius or a huge risk, depending on your perspective. I love it - I'll deal with worrying about the lost picks later.

RGIII baby :cheers:

------------------------------------------------------------------

In a pre-draft blockbuster trade, the St. Louis Rams have agreed in principle to send the second overall pick in this year's draft to the Washington Redskins for three first-round draft picks and a second-round pick as well, according to a source in Cleveland familiar with the terms of the deal.

The trade, first reported by Fox Sports, cannot be signed off on, turned in and processed until the new league year starts Tuesday at 4 p.m. EST, but it is expected to become official then.

In the deal, the Rams will receive the Redskins first-round in each of the next three years, plus Washington's second-round pick this year in return for the second overall pick that the Redskins now will use on whichever quarterback the Indianapolis Colts do not draft No. 1 overall.

There is a widespread expectation that Indianapolis will make Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck the No. 1 pick and then Washington would follow by selecting Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Way too much! This has bust written all over it! I am not pleased! Here's to hoping Irsay drafts RG3!!!

You're wrong wrong wrong. Expensive? Yes. But it was always going to be. Aggressive move to get the face of the franchise for the next 10 years. A year from now, you'll be high-fiving me telling me I was right. I have no doubt.

You're wrong wrong wrong. Expensive? Yes. But it was always going to be. Aggressive move to get the face of the franchise for the next 10 years. A year from now, you'll be high-fiving me telling me I was right. I have no doubt.

I hope you're right! God knows I hope you're right! I just have a terrible feeling that if RG3 is indeed our pick, that he will be knocked around like a rag doll in the NFL. I see bust due to injury. I pray that I am wrong!

You could say that about any QB, drafted by any team, at any cost. Lighten up brother - ridiculous cost or not, we're going to draft an incredibly talented QB :)

I can't be excited about this John. I truly in my heart of hearts do not believe this kid is worth what is being reportd to be the cost. I think he is a talented athlete, not QB but I am no scout, so...

I do find this quote I found very telling about what we've done, "no first round offensive weapons or protection for the next 3 seasons out of your 4 season rookie contract."

Does that not scare you?

Edit: We better hit some real home runs in the mid rounds for the next 3 drafts and sign a couple of GREAT free agents.

Drew Brees would have cost us less.

WAY WAY WAY TOO MUCH. we just got screwed, 3 first round picks and a second? , THIS is why i hate being a redskins fan, If Griffin isnt in a probowl by year 2 or in the running for Rookie of the year, we paid too much. and now for 3 seasons we have no shot at elite level talent, so our rebuild will depend on free agency. how has that worked out so far?

Bookmark or sticky this thread, because for what we just paid, we better friggin not drop to 30th in offence before making our way back up to 15 and calling it progress. because thats what we did on defence, and frankly I am not willing to watch that happen again.

but on the "bright" side, Shannahan just bought himself an extra year even if Griffin busts his rookie year, Shanny wont get turfed like he would have if we had another poor year but stayed with a rebuilding plan. How anyone can think this is a good deal is beyond me, for the next 3 seasons we wont be getting any topflight weapons on offence or tope end LT prospects, and given our record at finding topend talent in the mid rounds, even if Griffin is the face of the team, it wont matter if we dont win and win a lot.

Three first round picks trumps Cleveland's two picks this year. Shanahan and Allen pretty much had to believe that Cleveland would cave and offer BOTH first rounders this year and the only way to get this done BEFORE FA was to offer three first rounders. A HUGE risk to be sure. Only time will tell. Still, it's a pretty exciting time.

I told you guys we'd offer future 1sts and that Clevelands second 1st rounder wouldn't be the deciding factor. Anyone who thought we'd get RGIII for less than 3 first rounders - well - I think that was a pipe dream. There's not doubt that's an enormous price to pay. It's not debatable. I also believe, if Griffin proves to be the special QB many believe he is (including this guy) that the wisdom of this aggressive move won't be debatable either.

And I'll say it again. A year from now, you guys will be coming back to this thread to tell me I was right. And then some.

but on the "bright" side, Shannahan just bought himself an extra year even if Griffin busts his rookie year, Shanny wont get turfed like he would have if we had another poor year but stayed with a rebuilding plan. How anyone can think this is a good deal is beyond me, for the next 3 seasons we wont be getting any topflight weapons on offence or tope end LT prospects, and given our record at finding topend talent in the mid rounds, even if Griffin is the face of the team, it wont matter if we dont win and win a lot.

I love how, all of a sudden, only first round draft picks = starters. Before we pulled the trigger here, everyone is arguing that there is talent throughout the draft :)

The 1st rounders are definitely a high cost paid. That doesn't equal disaster, not by a long shot. You used four 'IFs' in one paragraph alone. Let me throw another one out there...

'IF Griffin is a bonafide franchise QB, those extra two first rounders will prove to be the best investment Dan Snyder ever ponied up to make.'

Nice move Redskins!!!

Face of the franchise hopefully for the next decade plus.

Using OLD Math to help out those who wanted Peyton Manning we in essence traded this years 2nd rounder and two first rounders in consecutive years to swap #1s, which at worst should means picks in the teens though some of us believe they will be in the late 20's if not later in 2014.

Adam Schefter tweeting that he thinks Redskins are STILL pursuing Manning!

Wow. Just wow.

Mixed feelings. I like the trade but not the cost. I could see 1st, 2nd, 3rd this year plus next year's 1st, but THREE #1's?? :eek: :shocked: If RG3 pans out he's worth it. If not, we'll need the second coming of Bobby Beathard to get past the future is now, part deux.

What I will say is, if we were going to bet the house on a player, RG3 (or Luck) would be the guys to take the risk on. According to Aaron Schatz RG3's Lewin forecast numbers are quite good and by all accounts he's bright, focused, competitive and a heck of an ath-a-leet.

Again, not thrilled with the number of first round picks we're giving up but I am thrilled beyond belief with the prospect of finally, finally, FINALLY having the QB spot filled in DC. :uhoh:

Last edited:
I love how, all of a sudden, only first round draft picks = starters. Before we pulled the trigger here, everyone is arguing that there is talent throughout the draft :)

The 1st rounders are definitely a high cost paid. That doesn't equal disaster, not by a long shot. You used four 'IFs' in one paragraph alone. Let me throw another one out there...

'IF Griffin is a bonafide franchise QB, those extra two first rounders will prove to be the best investment Dan Snyder ever ponied up to make.'

Yeah everyone LAST Year was happy the way the draft turned out which only showed how pathetic our team was in terms of depth and personnel.

Only people reliving their 80's experience actually believed that we could leapfrog our 3 divisional opponents with continued crappy QB play by just getting more big uglies.

Those of us going to the games were tired of retreads and never was types under center.

I have confidence they can fill the remaining holes as well as add to depth in free agency and in the draft the next 3 years

One of the next moves should be switching DeAngelo Hall to Safety and addressing the corner back issue in free agency.

Mixed feelings. I like the trade but not the cost. I could see 1st, 2nd, 3rd this year plus next year's 1st, but THREE #1's?? If RG3 pans out he's worth it. If not, we'll need the second coming of Bobby Beathard to get past the future is now, part deux.

What I will say is, if we were going to bet the house on a player, RG3 (or Luck) would be the guys to take the risk on. According to Aaron Schatz RG3's Lewin forecast numbers are quite good and by all accounts he's bright, focused, competitive and a heck of an ath-a-leet.

Again, not thrilled with the number of first round picks we're giving up but I am thrilled beyond belief with the prospect of finally, finally, FINALLY having the QB spot filled in DC. :paranoid:

It's really TWO #1's, and this year's 2nd rounder. I don't count trading #6 for #2 as 'giving up a 1st'. That's still a steep price. But the bottom line was, that's what it was going to take ultimately. I actually think it could have been even more expensive had they waited, but we'll never know.

RGIII will either be worth it or he won't. Time will tell.

I can't think beyond the 2012 season right now.

The first round picks don't bother me, actually.
First rounders are over-rated (except for RG3 :D)
We'll do fine with the rest of the draft.
I actually would have been more upset if we forfeited the entire 2012 draft, than 3 firsts over 3 years.

I'll take this every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

It's really TWO #1's, and this year's 2nd rounder. I don't count trading #6 for #2 as 'giving up a 1st'...
True. I stand corrected. As you say though, it's a huge price but I'll go on the record as saying I think he's worth it.

This is total bull****. Add me to the crowd that things we just got our genitals handed to us again. Think about it - the Rams will now have 2 first round picks for each of the next 3 years, and we will be trying to build through the draft with no first round picks for the next 3 years, and no second rounder this year either. It doesn't matter who we draft now, we will have to build his entire supporting cast through free agency, the same **** that hasn't worked since that dickhead has owned this team.

Back to square one I guess, we're right back where we ****ing started. But hey, at least we can get our expensive new QB destroyed and out of the league in 4 years in the process. Absolutely ****ing stupid move.

And seriously, with 3 first rounders, why bother raping us for the 2nd round pick too? Seriously, wtf?

Edit: I have never hoped to be proven wrong so hard in my life btw. I love Griffin. I will admit, I wills really flip my **** if we get stuck with Luck, because unlike El, I think Luck will be the bust of this draft. I'm just worried we gave up too much for someone we can't protect, with nothing for him to work with. ****, I really hope I'm wrong, but it feels so bad.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.