• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rank Your Most Hated Teams

My other English team is Portsmouth, who have somehow managed to get themselves relegated all the way from the PL down to a high school league.

I followed the fall of Portsmouth with their huge financial issues. Ugly business if I remember right.

I am slowly becoming a Tottenham fan, although if they sell Deuce that might do it all in. I was barely on board when they switched kit sponsors and now sport a giant HP on the front of their jerseys. Leaves more than just a bit of bad taste in my mouth...

I followed the fall of Portsmouth with their huge financial issues. Ugly business if I remember right.

I am slowly becoming a Tottenham fan, although if they sell Deuce that might do it all in. I was barely on board when they switched kit sponsors and now sport a giant HP on the front of their jerseys. Leaves more than just a bit of bad taste in my mouth...

Spurs were huge when I was a kid, the Man U of their day. And that was especially annoying to fans of the other London clubs (my dad was a gunners fan and he hated them). But with Dempsey playing there I was certainly more of a follower recently, and as you note, my interest will likely subside if they move him (to West Brom?)

Spurs were huge when I was a kid, the Man U of their day. And that was especially annoying to fans of the other London clubs (my dad was a gunners fan and he hated them). But with Dempsey playing there I was certainly more of a follower recently, and as you note, my interest will likely subside if they move him (to West Brom?)

West Brom is one of the talked about options, yes. Although if they don't get a legit Striker they may need him. Frankly, I think the need him anyway. He scored the 3rd most goals on the squad last year and that without a preseason to learn the system or build any chemistry with his teammates.

Is this still about football?

Yes. ;)

Echoing the thought of a couple others ... given that Dallas has become just another team on the NFL landscape--one that has become something of a punch line (god luv ya Jerry) and not a contender year in and year out--it's hard to generate any special loathing any more.

I can understand that sentiment but the one thing that still stokes the coals for me is just how much media love that now mediocre franchise still gets.

For what seems like the past ten years,every preseason, we hear the same things on radio and tv: "Look at all the talent they have! This is the year they put it all together!"

You'd think after several years of falling flat at the end of every season, the media pundits would finally realize that just maybe they aren't all that talented and admit they're just a .500 club.

I'm going with Henry in saying that the Giants have vaulted to 1a, with the underhanded way Mara stuck the needle in us.

Seattle and Baltimore ranks high too.........

1. Cowboys
2. Giants
3. Seahawks (live in close proximity to their fans. Hate them)
4. 49ers (growing up in 49er territory, idiotic fans made my childhood hell)
5. Philly
6. Pats
7. Depends on the year

Well, some want to talk about football's transgender cousin, soccer.

That would be rugby.

American football is more the cross dressing, red headed stepchild of Association Football (the game where you actually do play the ball with your foot) - it took the name but it looks nothing like it.

Actually football is more like rugby and soccer is a weird hybrid of hackey sack and ballet set to the tune of a song sang by Morrissey.

True, if hackey sack or ballet or Morrissey had been around when Association Football, soccer to you pagans, was invented. :D

That would be rugby

Easy with the rugby comments! That's ten times the sport soccer ever will be. Same concepts of possession except there is hitting and toughness involved.

I'm just goofing around with the soccer comments. I would hope that you guys are too.

I wasn't looking for a plssing contest between sports, and it's not a binary decision either.

I'm just goofing around with the soccer comments. I would hope that you guys are too.

I wasn't looking for a plssing contest between sports, and it's not a binary decision either.

Mike is just angry because he was not allowed to play soccer as a kid and all the cool kids were...

Oh, I'm messing around also. I actually like soccer (but refuse to call it football :p). I also played as a child with the cool kids.

erm, this post doesn't belong here...

Last edited by a moderator:
For whatever reason this thread has been stuck in my head all day since every day since it was originally posted. I've changed my mind, Dallas is my most hated team.

No other team is worth of it's own special week. Dallas week is, like it or not, a big deal in this area. When I think about the week 17 game last year it brings up emotions no other game does. So does the win over them at home in 2006. I've re-watched last year's week 17 game probably 10 times. I'm going to watch it again now.

Not sure what I was thinking... I guess I let my hate for people from philly get the best of me for a bit.

Soccer is the sport people put their kids in these days as a social thing. It's so the dads can look like they care and show off their ugly wives they think are trophy wives (only if the trophy was from the special olympics) and for the 50 year old moms who dress like they're 20 to talk **** about their husbands and how much they'll get in the divorce. Well, that and because their kids suck at real sports of course :D

Seriously though, it's the only sport you regularly hear people brag about failure with...... "my son took 15 shots on goal today" (I am well aware I am passing up a golden opportunity for a goal's momma joke) But you never hear the parent of quarterback say "my son threw 15 incompletions today."

For whatever reason this thread has been stuck in my head all day since every day since it was originally posted. I've changed my mind, Dallas is my most hated team.

No other team is worth of it's own special week. Dallas week is, like it or not, a big deal in this area. When I think about the week 17 game last year it brings up emotions no other game does. So does the win over them at home in 2006. I've re-watched last year's week 17 game probably 10 times. I'm going to watch it again now.

Not sure what I was thinking... I guess I let my hate for people from philly get the best of me for a bit.

Well its great you have finally come around T!!!!

When I lived in NJ I had my days where Philly fans were broaching the top spot, but seriously...what have they ever done? They were the Buffalo Bills of the 2000's. :D Reminds me of this:

382136_10200226960985490_695531886_n.jpg

I never really hated the Giants too much when I lived up there... I think things have changed in that the fans have forgotten how to argue with reason and just repeat... " I'll take a superbowl every other year" over and over and over. Glad I never lived there during the manning years... The Sims years were bad enough!

Fans need special rivalry's to get through the ****ty times. Its set up perfect, your team sucks and your given someone else to take your frustrations out on, root against, etc... Your team gets better, you have had many heckle you through the bad years and turnabout is fairplay! Hating the Pokes is good clean fun. I have people who are not even slight NFL fans who email me anti Romo stuff, its funny and a good distraction from the real world when it sucks. In closing...

**** Dallas.

Oh yeah and.... **** soccer.

Soccer is the sport people put their kids in these days as a social thing. It's so the dads can look like they care and show off their ugly wives they think are trophy wives (only if the trophy was from the special olympics) and for the 50 year old moms who dress like they're 20 to talk **** about their husbands and how much they'll get in the divorce. Well, that and because their kids suck at real sports of course :D

Sounds like the basis for another reality show.
Not that I want to give them any more ideas for such an awful trend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.