• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rank Your Most Hated Teams

Eagles
Cowboys
Partriots
Lakers
Heat
Manchester United
Chivas
Braves
Tottenham Hotspurs

I hate every team we play on that given Sunday (seriously….) but I have a few teams that I root against in every game they play regardless of opponent. Dallas used to top the list but in the last couple of seasons the Giants have taken over the top spot. How long can they hold the top spot? Only Casey Kasem knows for sure. A top 5 list could not contain my rage so I’ll give you 6. The rest are tied for 7th:

1. Giants - Gimmie back my cap space you NY scabs!
2. Cowboys – Because, just because.
3. Eagles – Worst group of loud mouth fans in the NFL
4. Steelers – Because I’m tired of their fan base more than just hate for the team itself. To listen to the fans you’d think they invented football. The organization is fine but %^&* them anyway.
5. Ravens – Another very well run organization but a fan base that need to be neutered.
6. Seahawks – Of the teams on this list they have accomplished the least but chirp the loudest.

As a Man City fan I appreciate Terry’s nod to Man U. %^&* them too.

1. Dallas
1a. Giants. Honestly, Dallas at #1 right now is mostly honorary. I just can't bear to move them down to second. The Giants have really earned that top spot. Anyone who knows me will tell you I am very slow to anger but when I do I really really mean it. I will never let this go. I will never forgive the Giants. Never.

2. Eagles. Their fans are the worst. The absolute worst.
3. Ravens. You're not the Redskins. Get over it. Oh, and Ray Lewis.
4. Seahawks. Seattle has skyrocketed up the charts. Rarely has a team that has done so little expected so much from so many.

5. Steelers. Eh. I don't really hate them, though Rooney was almost as instrumental as Lurie and Mara in bringing down the Cap Hammer upon us, but their fans ... I swear to All That Is Holy. Stop acting like you're God's gift to fandom. You aren't the biggest and best fans in the universe. Just the most spoiled. No group of fans has had an easier 40 years of it than you. Watch your team lose for a couple decades and then crow about your awesome loyalty.
6. Colts. They just had a decade of Peyton Manning and they manage to suck JUST at the right time and land Luck. I got nothing against Luck but I hope he sucks. No team deserves two elite QBs back-to-back. Not after sucking for only one season. That, and I'm sick of hearing about how awesome Luck is when he's not all that awesome yet. Just because he plays for the Colts and threw a lot of INTs his rookie year doesn't automatically make him Peyton Manning.
7. Jets. Moved down the list for sucking, but they were Seattle a couple years ago. Still sick of hearing about a team of such little significance. Still hate their head coach.

8. 49ers ... I'm actually pretty mellow about San Fran but the Kaepernick/Harbaugh combo is starting to wear me down. Besides, they've won enough superbowls for awhile. Go away.
9. Patriots. I guess ... but honestly I don't think about them all that much other than for the fact that 'the Patriots do it this way so we should too' never seems to go out of style. Sorry but what the Patriots do is start Tom Brady at QB.

Anything after the NFC East and the Ravens is fairly temporary. Who's good, who's obnoxious ... that sort of thing. The top four is pretty much set in stone. For the Giants to have been able to move at all is a pretty big deal. For them to challenge the Cowboys ... well. I never thought ANY team would ever do that.

Last edited:
I'm actually kind of ashamed of some of you....

17041_1316364117960_810804_n.jpg

The sad truth is that since free agency started the whole franchise-vs-franchise rivalry faded for the most part. players don't want to act like that anymore because they might wind up being teammates with some of those guys down the road.

adding in that the redskins and cowboys have mostly been irrelevant for the last ~15 years doesn't help much either. for me that's my entire football life...

snyder and jones do a lot of stuff together. could you imagine that 30 years ago? it's just a different day.

the teams i 'hate' most just wind up being the fanbases i hate most. dallas also doesn't really have that many hate-able people like they did in the '90s. outside of dez bryant I just don't find myself hating anyone on their team, and even with him i find him more pathetic than hate-able...

the eagles, on the other hand, are stock full of hate-able characters in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
if cooley would have went to the bums I would still hate the bums. some things are bigger and deeper than free agency.

and our rivalry wont ever die out. demarcus ware can kiss my ass....until about an hour after he retires. then we can talk about him legitimately.

novachek? that guy was a beast! but in 92 he could kiss my entire ass TWICE and id still hate him!

Oh I agree, I was talking about the players trash talking each other. That, for the most part, just doesn't go on anymore...

1. Pukes
2. Maras
3. Cheatriots
4. Seahags
5. Fecals
6. Squealers
7. Nevermores
8. Farty Whiners
9. Spams

A little childish but since I can't stand these teams and consider them the enemy, saying their real names "almost" shows respect and I don't have any for those teams I listed.

While I like the sentiment of **** any team that doesn't wear the B&G, the fact is - there are actually a few other teams I enjoy watching like the Packers, Saints and the Denver Mannings. The rest are pretty meh, unless I have fantasy players on those teams.

The sad truth is that since free agency started the whole franchise-vs-franchise rivalry faded for the most part. players don't want to act like that anymore because they might wind up being teammates with some of those guys down the road.

adding in that the redskins and cowboys have mostly been irrelevant for the last ~15 years doesn't help much either. for me that's my entire football life...

snyder and jones do a lot of stuff together. could you imagine that 30 years ago? it's just a different day.

the teams i 'hate' most just wind up being the fanbases i hate most. dallas also doesn't really have that many hate-able people like they did in the '90s. outside of dez bryant I just don't find myself hating anyone on their team, and even with him i find him more pathetic than hate-able...

the eagles, on the other hand, are stock full of hate-able characters in my opinion.

Before last season I may have had to agree with you ... a little. Several players over the past few years have sparked it a bit but RG3 goes into Little d on freakin Thanksgiving and whoops them last for the first time in well.... EVER! Followed by a somewhat dominating performance over them to win the NFCE brought it back in many fan's eyes and not just Redskin and Cowboy fans. The NFL took notice. We took their beloved Texas raised phenom and used him against them. Our hate has been mostly one-sided since the early nineties and they haven't paid much attention but this rivalry is back and they are so pissed! Dallas fans who loved RG3 at Baylor just shake their heads when you bring it up. Failure at its best.

46607_1587011283970_2944076_n.jpg

CHRIS FREAKING COOLEY GETS IT! CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO GO OFF ON THE RADIO!!

Yeah, I'm certainly hoping that the team being relevant will help spark it back up. As many good skins-boys games as I've been to none of them compare to what went on in the '80s (or so I'm told, by those that got to experience both). It'd be nice to experience days like that again.

Hopefully the cowboys get it together so beating them means something. If they're a **** team for the next 10 years it's not going to help.

Eagles
Cowboys
Partriots
Lakers
Heat
Manchester United
Chivas
Braves
Tottenham Hotspurs

Hmmmmm...must be a Chelsea or Arsenal fan...

I think I am going with "Whoever is next on the schedule."

As for the Cowboys, the differences have worn off since Allen taught us how to hate them.

They were the divisional champs and a perennial NFL power, we were bottom feeders and home for Christmas.
They had superb athletes, we had beer drinkers and poker players.
They had sexy cheerleaders, we had ladies that looked like your mom.
They used computers to evaluate personnel, we used kentucky windage.
They were Wal Mart, we were Wally's Hometown Hardware.

All those differences have eroded since then. But the other difference between now and then is that you could learn who your players were and be fairly confident 5 years later that the same guys were still playing for your team. Seeing a number immediately triggered the player's name in your mind (and for some of those guys still does today). Now, they just rent the jersey for a while in a league of mercenaries. So the contests became more personal, more visceral somehow. But I don't know if London Fletcher has as pure a hatred for the Cowboys as Tank McClinton once did. And if the players don't, why should I?

The old rivalry worked because it started with the players. The intensity came from them. But nowadays I think it's more of a fan thing and perhaps a marketing ploy.

I can't generate the same loathing I once did, and living in PA, I hate the Eagles far more than the Cowboys.

Here is my list - in order...

1. Giants
2. Seahawks
3. Eagles
4. Steelers
5. Ravens
6. Packers
7. Rams
8. 49ers
9. Patriots
10. Cowboys

My hatred for the Cowboys hasn't faded a bit since the 80's. I couldn't possibly hate them more I don't think. tshile part of that 80's mystique came from RFK. Try as it might the Big Jack will never duplicate that atmosphere, the stands literally shook there.

My next door neighbor is a cowboys fan and I have several close friends who keep it going with all the smack talk we exchange. The Eagles are an easy second with the Giants nipping at their heels. Baltimore, Seattle and NE are right behind because of their fan-bases. The Pats were 1a for a while after I wore a 21 hat to Boston on a visit to in laws and actually had Sean Taylor death smack thrown at me by random strangers. the rest of the NFL is kinda meh for me as well as most other sports. The only other team that inspires loathing would be the Wolverines....can't think of anything good to say about that school up north! ;)

Echoing the thought of a couple others ... given that Dallas has become just another team on the NFL landscape--one that has become something of a punch line (god luv ya Jerry) and not a contender year in and year out--it's hard to generate any special loathing any more.

Even the ridiculous number of front-running Dallas fans don't bother me anymore. I know plenty of true Cowboys fans, the kind that have been with them through thick and thin forever, not the kind who glommed onto them when they were good, then disappeared ever since. Those "real" Dallas fans are just like us--they love their team, and can speak about them realistically and candidly. They've always said the Redskins weren't that big a rival. Why? Because we were just another team.

Now they're one too.

Meh.

I love beating the teams that matter. Right now, in the East that's the Giants--they've earned that enmity both on the field and off. Around the league, it's in no particular order for me, the Steelers (too much fan chest thumping), the Pats (too much genuflection), the Seahawks (too much Pete Carroll), the 49ers (too much too soon) ... and maybe, for good measure, the Eagles (too much attention for a team that hasn't ever brought it home).

All that said, there's is nothing like Dallas week for me. Though to be fair I don't have many playoff weeks to compare it to - that week last year was pretty big.

I don't even consider there to be an "eagles week" or "giants week." Not sure how that may conflict with my rankings, thought I'd throw it out there though.

I feel like I'm in crazy town. **** the Cowboys and the horses they rode in on! Other than winning the superbowl, sweeping Dallas is the best thing that can possibly happen in a given football season. You know why last season was awesome? Because we stomped Dallas for the division crown. If it had been some other team, it would not have been nearly as awesome.

BB...Dallas number 10? I can't help but feel you made that list JUST to be contradictory. There is no way any rational Redskins-fan would rank Dallas that low. No way! I call BULLSH!T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.