• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFL Thoughts

That stat that Nantz gave right before the kneel down was amazing. Tom Brady now has more Super Bowl wins than any other franchise. Love him or hate him, that is simply amazing.

He had 0 touchdowns in all of his super bowl appearances until tonight.

As soon as honey badger ran his mouth it was over.

Without Tom Brady, New England (and certainly the Bucs) may never get to any of those Super Bowls. 80 lifetime playoff TDs. To go to an unheralded club and lead them to the Super Bowl and a win in your first season, it's impossible to overstate how hard that is. He's the greatest QB in NFL history and arguably the greatest football player who's ever stepped on the field. It's not even worth discussing.

Really they do not call Brady the GOAT for a reason. The game I expect to have low ratings there. As it did not live up to the hype. Really Chiefs defense with the penalties cost them big time. And it did not help the Chiefs in the playing in the Buccaneers home stadium. That gave TB an advantage.

They don't call him goat for a reason?

What reason would that be?

11 super bowl appearances with 7 wins

The man is the greatest NFL player of all time and its not even close.

If we ever think our OL is bad...KC is going to show us this game footage.

Holy cow Mahomes is in trouble all game!
Losing both tackles and having backups because guys opted out will pretty much do that.

I think he meant to say 'they call him the GOAT for a reason'....

I think if you asked the players, playing in the home stadium was about #20 on the list of 'reasons the Chiefs lost'. Folks will seize on the Chiefs being unjustly penalized in the first half as the reason they lost, and there certainly were some calls made that could've been non-calls, and some calls that could've gone either way. But the bottom line is, the Bucs DL dominated the Chiefs OL all night long and Mahomes was running for his life. The Bucs defense in general outplayed the Chiefs. They damn near shut down Hill and Kelce, something I wouldn't have said was possible. And Brady got good protection and lots of help from his offensive supporting cast. The Bucs kicked the Chiefs ass, plain and simple. Anyone chirping about this or that giving the Bucs the edge - well, maybe.. but step 1 in winning a Super Bowl is 'don't get physically dominated'.

Losing both tackles and having backups because guys opted out will pretty much do that.

It's true that injuries always play a part in how a season goes (and as you pointed out, sometimes contributes to who prevails in the playoffs and the big game). But winning a championship can also be viewed in the context of which franchise was able to manage inevitable injuries and roster changes throughout the whole season in order to prevail down the stretch.

Brady has won a super bowl in 3 different decades now.

Crazy, right?

its not like the D carried the team and he just dumped off passes like Brunell at the end of his career.

Brady was sharp all night. He was intense, and he drove that offense.

Andy Reid's kid needs to do some serious freaking time.

Drunk and on Adderall and might possibly have killed a little kid.

It's true that injuries always play a part in how a season goes (and as you pointed out, sometimes contributes to who prevails in the playoffs and the big game). But winning a championship can also be viewed in the context of which franchise was able to manage inevitable injuries and roster changes throughout the whole season in order to prevail down the stretch.
It's really hard to work around having inferior players who have to win 1-on-1 against thirst Dlinemen. Tampa went old Cover-2 because the Ts were out for KC.

Only thing KC might have "should have" done was go into the quick passing and more running...

Being stupid in two critical moments was disastrous to the point of absurd hilarity and stopped KC from adjusting into the above. Offsides again and calling timeouts thinking your D will stop them.

And you thought 2020 was really over?

Sometimes, you just have to make the best of an *unfortunate* situation... :p

Last edited:
Too funny...

Patrick Peterson is most likely going to be let go by the Cards...

Too funny...

Patrick Peterson is most likely going to be let go by the Cards...

Kiinda surprising they're letting im walk in free agency and not even trying to bring him back.... he must want too much money or they want a youth movement. At 30 he's interesting, but he's not gonna be cheaper than Darby.

I keep reading that KC lost both offensive tackles. I thought that with the loss of the starting LT they moved the RT to LT and subbed in a replacement RT.

Am I wrong?

Marty Schottenheimer passed away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.