• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFL Thoughts

It's been a long week....lol, yeah, sorry, that was week 13 Pats win.

That game was crazy too - Cam goes 12/19 for 69 yds and TD in a 45 point win? Stidham had 2 completions for 60 yds. Not what you'd expect from QBs in a dominant win.

The NFL is seeing an erosion of support among young adults and it appears that maybe they never were fans, to begin with. This looks to me like an attempt to hook kids on the game the way most of us were hooked on it - at a young age. Granted, they are using gimmicky stuff here while most of us were spending time with adult relatives but it might work. Never know till you try, right?

I was hooked by Trent Green.

Then I left during sometime during Spurrier to go into an anime obsession of sorts.

I came back for Zorn and a little RGIII. Then I went incognito again until this year due to life.

Raiders punter was either impaired or had some money against his own team against the Chargers.

Shanking a punt AND botching a potential game-ending FG hold.

Anyone else somewhat surprised that the lack of fans in the stands really hasn't been that big a deal? Preseason I thought the broadcasts would be incredibly weird, the degree of competition would fall, and it would just be an epic fail. I have to give the NFL and players a lot of credit. The games are still pretty great.

You have Lawrence coming in most likely. that is about the ONLY thing positive you have there.
Hold on there...

I mean, we're talking about them possibly matching the Lions for worst record ever, then they go in and beat a good Rams team in LA?

They just worked their way out of the #1 overall pick!

Not sure how I feel about it, but doing you tell your guys to give up for potentially the best QB in college football history?

Looks like Adam Gase wouldn't...will Marrone? He gets fired at the end of the year anyway, so who knows?

Anyone else somewhat surprised that the lack of fans in the stands really hasn't been that big a deal? Preseason I thought the broadcasts would be incredibly weird, the degree of competition would fall, and it would just be an epic fail. I have to give the NFL and players a lot of credit. The games are still pretty great.
I just hate the fake fan noise....so annoying!

Hold on there...

I mean, we're talking about them possibly matching the Lions for worst record ever, then they go in and beat a good Rams team in LA?

They just worked their way out of the #1 overall pick!

Not sure how I feel about it, but doing you tell your guys to give up for potentially the best QB in college football history?

Looks like Adam Gase wouldn't...will Marrone? He gets fired at the end of the year anyway, so who knows?
I think Gase and/or ownership might be concerned the league would pass some "anti-tanking" measures such as a lottery for the future if they actually went 0-16. Perhaps the Jets owner knew that a majority of his fellow 31 were very, very displeased......

Because some of the evidence is too suspicious to ignore. Gregg's zero blitz in which one LB didn't even charge. Flacco just chucking an INT to the Patriots...seemingly unprovoked. They needed to prove that they were trying and they can use this game as proof.

The Edmonton Oilers landing Connor McDavid prompted a change in the already-existent lottery in the NHL because the Oilers could not build a good team even with their lottery picks, and they weren't trying to tank. .

JuJu better stop the dumb dancing shit before they lose it all.

Pittsburgh is imploding, it's like we broke their souls and they haven't recovered

Kamara's 5TD is the most from a running back since....Clinton Portis as a Bronco is 2003.

If someone is playing fantasy and this is the finals, they smiling big today.

Kamara's 5TD is the most from a running back since....Clinton Portis as a Bronco is 2003.

If someone is playing fantasy and this is the finals, they smiling big today.

No one in the BGO League had him playing. The team with him was eliminated last week. Another league I was in, he was in the 11th place game. So basically on one of the worst 2 teams.

That’s how it goes sometimes. They year Brady set the single season TD record, I was crushing my league. Then in the playoffs, they played the Jets in 40mph winds. Brady put up meager numbers as they ran the ball instead. I lost in the semi finals and then watched as my team out scores the two teams in the championship by about 25 points. That is the pain of fantasy football.

I've gotten screwed the past 3 weeks by questionable starters getting flipped to 'out' right before game time and not catching it in time. So many injured players.

It's definitely been a weird year, it's like the early injury reports are holding out a carrot of hope and then btw "nope kidding" their not playing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.