• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFL Thoughts

Finally make it to a championship in my 16 team league and Kamara is out due to Covid. And now it appears all the RBs are due to close contact.

What is the protocol for close contact? If they are wearing masks use it ok? I can't imagine getting to they playoffs and having a whole position be ineligible.

Word is Urban Meyer is assembling his team to take the Jags head coaching job over.

Hope he's not taking away from studying Alabama game film to do so... just sayin...
He's not our coach any longer. Ryan Day is.

He had to retire though due to that tumor in his head and headaches he got.

I like the all burgundy and all white.

I like the yellow helmets with the R although that's probably gone forever.

I can see why people like that stuff and want it. It's one more thing to root for and get excited over.

The Browns have made the playoffs!

Why is Chase Young on National TV with his comments but this isn't EVERYWHERE

“I think they’re still the same Browns teams I play every year,” the Steelers receiver said Wednesday, via Tom Withers of the Associated Press. “I think they’re nameless gray faces. They have a couple good players on their team, but at the end of the day, I don’t know.

JuJu gonna mess around and jinx his team.....again

not happy that Drew Pearson got in over Gary Clark.

It's hard to understand what criteria the selectors are looking at sometimes - isn't it? Both Pearson and Clark had 11 year careers. Clark's numbers are superior in nearly every regard. More receptions, more yards, more TDs... and they were both spectacular in the playoffs (although Pearson had more playoff years in which to put up numbers).

If you just look at the numbers, it's a no-brainer. I'm not saying Pearson shouldn't be a HOFer. That discusssion has nothing to do with Gary Clark. But if you put him in, you absolutely have to put in Gary Clark.

I think Clark probably gets less focus because he played alongside Art Monk. My opinion, of those two guys, Clark was the better WR. It boggles the mind that he doesn't get more love. One could argue that getting selected in a 'Supplemental Draft' in 1984 and coming from a nearly unknown football school in James Madison University set him back in terms of getting due recognition and he just never recovered from that? But then you look at Pearson, who was signed at Tulsa as a QB and was later converted to WR. His college career was pretty yawn-worthy, and Dallas picked him up as an UDFA.

I'm not sure why HOF-worthy Redskins seem to have such a monumentally difficulty getting recognized by the HOF committee? But it definitely seems to be 'a thing'.

Get out of my brain.

On Facebook, someone said Jacoby should be in. You should have seen all the enemy fans agreeing. It was really cool that even our biggest rivals knew how good he was.

It's hard to understand what criteria the selectors are looking at sometimes - isn't it? Both Pearson and Clark had 11 year careers. Clark's numbers are superior in nearly every regard. More receptions, more yards, more TDs... and they were both spectacular in the playoffs (although Pearson had more playoff years in which to put up numbers).

If you just look at the numbers, it's a no-brainer. I'm not saying Pearson shouldn't be a HOFer. That discusssion has nothing to do with Gary Clark. But if you put him in, you absolutely have to put in Gary Clark.

I think Clark probably gets less focus because he played alongside Art Monk. My opinion, of those two guys, Clark was the better WR. It boggles the mind that he doesn't get more love. One could argue that getting selected in a 'Supplemental Draft' in 1984 and coming from a nearly unknown football school in James Madison University set him back in terms of getting due recognition and he just never recovered from that? But then you look at Pearson, who was signed at Tulsa as a QB and was later converted to WR. His college career was pretty yawn-worthy, and Dallas picked him up as an UDFA.

I'm not sure why HOF-worthy Redskins seem to have such a monumentally difficulty getting recognized by the HOF committee? But it definitely seems to be 'a thing'.

I BELIEVE Pearson got in on the 'senior' nominee or 'old timer' I think Pearson went through eligibility and didnt make it, and Clark has not yet reached the age to be classified for that particular designation.

I do get frustrated with it sometimes. This is the Hall of Fame. It should be REALLY hard to get in. Terrell Davis, as good as he was, was only good for 3 years. He had a couple season's that he sniffed 'best at his position' but he will NEVER be considered "best at his position" of all time.

The emotion on his face when he realizes what's going on - man, I just love it. One of the all-tme greats.

If you don't love Peyton Manning I'd be curious as to why. He's a great dude, hell of a teammate, one of the smartest QBs I've ever seen....and funny as hell.

He deserves to be a first ballot as much as anyone ever has.

His pre snap antics used to get to me , but to echo Mike he definitely had it all , smarts , accuracy, leadership, the type of player who could truly carry an organization. His acting rolls are hilarious, although I will say Baker Mayfields commercials are great too.

If we ever think our OL is bad...KC is going to show us this game footage.

Holy cow Mahomes is in trouble all game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.