• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Junior Gallete still ain’t done talkin about Snyder

Attachments

• 1F8DA9FE-AAB4-42EE-96A8-34D7B2C8BD51.png
    1F8DA9FE-AAB4-42EE-96A8-34D7B2C8BD51.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
That's some shady shit right there. I'm still really shocked the owners haven't come together to force him to sell.

I think they have

I’m confused. Is there something in there other than his word that says he was blocked from signing with another team? And if so, did Snyder even have the ability to block someone? He last played in 2017, so not sure how he would have been blocked in 2021 to win a Super Bowl. I’m not saying this didn’t happen, because he’s clearly done much worse. But whenever there is someone famous in trouble, all kinds of people come out of the woodwork to tell “their story”. And sometimes the stories don’t really add up, they just fit the narrative and people believe it. To me, that never helps because the perp then says “see, they are all made up.” I think that’s how DeShaun Watson was able to escape legal trouble. They found out that not everything being said by all victims was true. He still had 25 charges and he clearly had a problem, but they found their wiggle room and took it. Just one example, but there have been others not in sports where people piled on and it didn’t add up. I don’t want that man getting any ammo on his side.

Rewatching the Trent scuffle at the end of the game.

The dude he throws to the ground has a firm grasp of Samuels helmet and wouldn't let go. Even with others trying to break them up he was still holding on.

Now I commend him even more. Protecting his teammate and not tolerating someone trying to bully his teammate.

...and he threw that grown man like a rag doll. Damn he's still got massive strength.

Why would Rivera need to be at the Senior Bowl practices?

I mean there are no washed-up former Panthers participating. I’d prefer to keep Ron far away from any talent evaluations.

Yeah, that may be why we’ve had good drafts. Besides, we need to free Ron up to review all the film on our next great veteran QB he’s going to bring in.

I know it’s fun to bag on Rivera. I mean, he’s made it pretty easy. But I do think there is over analyzation that happens at the Sr bowl. Always gems to be found, but there is always that “smartest guy in the room” that falls in love with some player at the Sr bowl and over drafts them. So him not being there has probably worked out for that reason.

I know it’s fun to bag on Rivera. I mean, he’s made it pretty easy. But I do think there is over analyzation that happens at the Sr bowl. Always gems to be found, but there is always that “smartest guy in the room” that falls in love with some player at the Sr bowl and over drafts them. So him not being there has probably worked out for that reason.
I don't know. I'm a believer in doing your homework. Watching these guys practice, seeing as how they take to coaching, and getting a chance to have a few extra 1:1s are all to the good especially if you don't have an offensive coordinator. This team hasn't been good enough at drafting (although actually their last draft was pretty good) to justify skipping steps. I do agree that you shouldn't overvalue things like the combine or the Senior Bowl, but you shouldn't ignore them either.

I don't know. I'm a believer in doing your homework. Watching these guys practice, seeing as how they take to coaching, and getting a chance to have a few extra 1:1s are all to the good especially if you don't have an offensive coordinator. This team hasn't been good enough at drafting (although actually their last draft was pretty good) to justify skipping steps. I do agree that you shouldn't overvalue things like the combine or the Senior Bowl, but you shouldn't ignore them either.
You are right on all of that. They should not be skipping it. They need to be doing their homework, meeting players, seeing real reps in a game, etc. I just think that sometimes coaches find a favorite in the Sr Bowl or even the combine, and it becomes their guy who isn't always the best guy.

You are right that they need to do their homework but I take issue with the idea that we haven't been good at drafting under Rivera. In fact, I rather feel like that is one of the few places we have excelled under Ron.

Every guy but one drafted under Ron is still in the league. (Antonio Gandy-Golden)

Most of the guys drafted under Ron have been major contributors over the last couple of seasons.

Our likely starting QB this next season - 5th round

Our starting Safeties - 5th and 7th round - likely the best tandem in the league (Forrest and Curl)

Our replacements for Chase Young - both 7th rounders and will still be here in the rotation when Chase is back starting (Toney and Smith-Williams)

Our most consistent and healthy TE - 4th round (Bates)

Yes, there are guys we drafted who aren't exactly setting the house on fire but every single team in the league has those. Ours may not all be super stars but we are getting solid production out of nearly everyone.

I guess the question is, who is driving our draft strategy? I suspect it’s largely Mayhew not Rivera. I don’t think Rivera is known as a personnel guy and he probably leaves most of that to his front office guys. Not saying he’s divorced from player acquisition but I doubt he is driving most of those decisions, or at least not unilaterally. I imagine he’s presented with options and gets all the feedback he can and then decisions are made based on that feedback by consensus. Just seems like his style but difficult to know for sure.

That’s not a bad thing. Smart executives put people with talent in position and let them do their thing. We have drafted reasonably well the past several years. Free agency has been mostly a wreck. And QB … well… let’s hope Howell pans out.

Last edited:
I don't think I would have recognized him off the street with that beard.

Good for Gus and Anne. I realized I’m getting old when he’s only been married for 5 1/2 more years than I have. Also, I was kind of surprised he has a Redskins pic in his profile. I know his best years were here, but I it seems like it didn’t end on the best of terms. Maybe my memory is failing me though.

I heard Gus punched an orphan and kicked a cat last week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.