• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Sigh. Apparently that scale can't go below zero.

Oh and ... Jared Goff!?

So that kind of kills the argument that Taylor at least wins. I know this is metrics and not actual play, but clearly he could be replaced most anyone and more wins should be expected. Just not replaced with Wentz.

Reactions: Om
One thing I thought about watching the playoffs yesterday is that even though we were watching "great" QBs, coaching really matters. Josh Allen is still really good, but his interceptions and his effectiveness really changed with the new play caller. Now, I'm not saying that either Heinicke or Wentz would become Josh Allen with better coaches, but I think they would both be much improved. I used to think the play calling raised a player a half grade, but now I'm wondering if it's a full grade. A good coach turns a C player into a B player while a bad coach turns a C player into a D player.

Tony Romo in reference to a PI call in Saturday’s game…

The defender had both arms draped on the receiver before the ball arrived, that PI will be called 100% of the time.

Worst coaching decision in the history of the franchise? Really?

Two words - swinging gate

McCarthy may own the worst play call in NFL history, dethroning our own Jim Zorn. Is the Swinging Gate no longer the worst play ever called to end a game? I mean the moment I saw it I thought unless McCarthy can convince the 49ers to count five Mississippis Dak's dead meet.

With Reich being hired in Carolina today, what do you think the chances are that they would give up a late pick for Wentz. He's Reich's guy and he had a good year in Indy despite missing the playoffs because of his less than stellar play late. But Wentz has been his best with Reich. Carolina is without a QB as well. I would see if they would give up a late pick this year or next year. What do they have to lose? They are cutting him anyway. See if someone will give up something. I can't imagine any other team wanting him, much less giving up anything for him. This might be the best chance to get a ham sandwich for the guy.

The problem is Carolina knows they are cutting him anyway. Of course, that didn’t stop Ron Rivera from giving up picks for him last off season but I think Reich and company won’t do stupid things like Washington does.

Because there wasn’t enough cringeworthy in our lives…

I made it through about a minute. I tried.

Samesies

The comments section reads like a lynch mob in full rage lol…

I'd be opposed to Brady honestly. I'd be okay with a Peyton though there is a part of me that sees a Sean Peyton hire as a Mike Shannahan hire, a Marty Schottenhiemer hire, a Ron Rivera hire. We have a history of hiring a guy who was successful once elsewhere who is fired or walks away and hoping he catches fire again. I wonder how often a successful coach comes back and is excellent twice? Don Shula? Vince Lombardi come to mind, but in the modern era?

I'd be opposed to Brady honestly. I'd be okay with a Peyton though there is a part of me that sees a Sean Peyton hire as a Mike Shannahan hire, a Marty Schottenhiemer hire, a Ron Rivera hire. We have a history of hiring a guy who was successful once elsewhere who is fired or walks away and hoping he catches fire again. I wonder how often a successful coach comes back and is excellent twice? Don Shula? Vince Lombardi come to mind, but in the modern era?

Id be opposed to Brady or Rodgers, or even Carr at this point. We need to grow our own. Start Howell and go from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.