• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I can appreciate that sentiment (and no, I don't think we should be pursuing Kirk), but disagree in terms of organizational approach.

I want my personnel brain trust to be up to speed on every QB out there (other positions too of course but particularly QB) who might represent an upgrade on what I have, or possibly replace what I do have if he goes down to injury, has an expiring contract, etc.

I want to know if/when such a player might be inclined to jump their present ship and come here, for any reason--hit on the head, family wants to move here, always wanted to wear maroon and black, whatever.

I want to know what the dollar and trade value is for every such QB out there, to help judge where all other QB's I might be interested in fall on the spectrum at a given time.

The best organizations keep up-to-date records of every player, coach, personnel guy, etc. out there, because they know every other competing organization is doing so. When circumstances dictate you have to move fast and decisively, the more relevant data you have on hand the better chance you have of making the most informed decision available.

I have wants. :)

Maybe, but I think in this particular case, Cousins would nix any trade and might retire if the Vikings forced the issue. He has enough money and doesn't need it. He burnt his bridges and his bridges were burnt here. I don't think a return is possible. Maybe with a new owner. Maybe. But right now, we're talking selling an oscillating heating fan to the denizens of Hell likelihood that Cousins would ever come back here.

Can you imagine the uproar from the fanbase if we traded a ransom in picks to get a guy back we hadn't managed to hang to in the first place?

Wow. Just wow.

Again, I don't want Cousins here. For all the reasons stated. I stand by the idea of keeping a database on every active player--particularly QB's--however, if for no other reason than slotting in terms of dollar- and trade-value.

In all seriousness, I get @Om’s point. You have to operate like a smart org (in this case, by leaving no stone unturned to solve your QB issues). But sadly, until this franchise is viewed as a desirable competitive destination where guys come to win, it just comes across as pathetic - particularly when the culmination of your new comprehensive and invigorated approach is giving up picks and huge $$$ for - wait for it - Carson Wentz.

It takes more than a robust process to be successful. You actually have to be smart and make outstanding decisions too.

This group falls short on those fronts.

Looks like the 5 'home' teams have been determined for international games in 2023 season.

We play the @ Patriots this year. We could be the opponent there.

We also qualify for Hard Knocks this year. 4 teams meet the requirements and were one of them…. Get your popcorn ready, we may have enough story lines and national talent to garner the look

We also qualify for Hard Knocks this year. 4 teams meet the requirements and were one of them…. Get your popcorn ready, we may have enough story lines and national talent to garner the look
What are the requirements?

What are the requirements?

1674148088717.png

Not a first year HC
Haven't made the playoffs each of the last 2 seasons
Never been on Hard Knocks

I would think only with a new owner in place. I seriously doubt the NFL would want all of that smoke.

I would think only with a new owner in place. I seriously doubt the NFL would want all of that smoke.

Yeah i agree…

The intrigue would be off the charts, and what better way to try and earn some good will? Fans of all teams generally come away from Hard Knocks with favorable views of a lot of the players and coaches

In truth, Payne was one of the best DTs in the NFL in 2022. He had a far better season than Aaron Donald, who was out half the year with injuries.

William Jackson came to DC and I think he was ill-used by Washington that first season.

What is happening now IMO is Jackson has not successfully come back from the disk issues he had in his back which caused pain down his leg.

I know from having disk problems and neuralgic pain that you can't run and cut or jump, ie you can't play competitive sports.

He is going to have to have the surgery and after that it's 50/50 he comes back near his old self.

Reactions: Om
TH been taking that Bud Light supplementation seriously. 🤣

C6A49595-7C09-49ED-ABB8-469166360A96.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.