• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

....and just like that he is off the IR.

I get a little worried about how the line will do once he's back. Last year the line seemed to gel once he got hurt. Not sure why, but that seemed to be the case to me.

I get a little worried about how the line will do once he's back. Last year the line seemed to gel once he got hurt. Not sure why, but that seemed to be the case to me.

Same. Worried he will mess with the chemistry.

Same. Worried he will mess with the chemistry.
I think what killed us was that Sweat and Chase were both freelancing. This let the QBs escape contain too easily. However, I'm beginning to wonder just how big a problem Jackson was. It's ridiculous how much better the D got once he was benched. Usually, we think about pressure helping coverage, but coverage sacks are a thing, too.

He's become the typical barstool bro parody character and it's become obnoxious. I wish him well, but he isn't going to help them out.

That’s just weird. Maybe been hitting a little too much of the Whistlepig?

He had a bad season last year....but, Payne has been solid. With the injury to Young (and underperforming) it makes it easier to sign Payne and Sweat.

Ditch Wentz and it's probably doable.

I don’t remember Payne having a bad season last year. PFF has him graded higher in 2021 than 2022 (so far).

The whole DL had a bad season overall. Maybe it was the scheme, but I know they fought for a reason.

Both were frustrated and angry. You don't moosh your friend in the head if you're having a good run.

I think that Zgonina and Kerrigan has been just what the doctor ordered for the entire line.

If not for the fact that Allen and Payne have been playing next to each other for years (college and pros) I would agree about their minor dust up. Strikes me as more like brothers fighting, especially with the team getting their collective asses kicked in that game.

I really appreciate Logan Paulson’s analysis on the various podcasts.

However, if he is going to continue his professional career in media he needs to get coached up a bit. If a drinking game were started where one took a shot every time he ends a thought with ‘right?’ no one wouls last more than 5 minutes. Drives me 🥜.

I think that Zgonina and Kerrigan has been just what the doctor ordered for the entire line.

If not for the fact that Allen and Payne have been playing next to each other for years (college and pros) I would agree about their minor dust up. Strikes me as more like brothers fighting, especially with the team getting their collective asses kicked in that game.

You have to think the DL playing up to our expectations all of a sudden (and probably exceeding them by a longshot) might have had something to do with those changes, am I right? :p

Isn't it amazing when you don't end up with the quarterback taking 4-5 sacks a game as a statue in the pocket? :D

Or seven in the case of the first Eagles game?

Those negative plays are not only drive killers but hit the morale of players on defense and teams that are watching the ineptitude.

There is little doubt that Washington needs to address the talent level of the interior offensive line this up coming off-season.

Turner is a UFA next season and can come off the books. The team is still on the hook for one more season with Norwell (5.1m cap hit) as they signed him to a 2 year deal.

It would be great if Chris Paul develops into a potential starter. He certainly has ideal physical size for the guard position. I would feel better about his possible ascension if he were not inactive every game, unless he is injured.

Hard to believe how far Trai Turner has fallen from being a very good player and former pro bowler on Carolina to getting beat out by Saahdiq Charles in DC. Need to cut bait there like his last 2 teams have done. Time to invest some major draft stock in OL again.

I think Chris Paul is inactive more because he lacks versatility rather than being a statement about talent. I think he is a G and a G only.

For the active roster on gameday, I think you need guys who can fill in at more than one position so your backup OL need to be able to play T & G or G & C. Not sure that Paul can do that at this point in his career yet.

Just a random roster thought - don’t forget we have Phidarian Mathis who I think is going to be a hell of a D lineman when he comes back…

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.