• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I wish other broadcasters would make fun of each other when they say dumb shit like that.

Announcers are always into hyperbole. I don’t expect them to trash the players in the game, but it’s always the best playing at the moment. Collinsworth is the worst at this. Olsen got promoted too fast, kind of like Romo, but he didn’t get the hype and love Romo got. So we can all see his flaws. It’s just sad he would say such a dumb statement like that without actually looking at the stats.

It’s not really that hard, Jason.

C791472E-EF68-45A9-A392-7AD4DAEC2BEA.jpeg

Exactly. But, Jason has no ties to this team, the fans, nor does he care to.

This is a resume builder for him. He has aspirations to get higher in the chain and this shit hole is where he starts.

One thing that's really weird and I think unfortunate with this memorial concept. Having no actual model of the player just accentuates that he is gone forever, instead of being a reminder of who he was. The uniformed 'ghost' figure just seems a really odd way of going about remembrance to me.

One thing that's really weird and I think unfortunate with this memorial concept. Having no actual model of the player just accentuates that he is gone forever, instead of being a reminder of who he was. The uniformed 'ghost' figure just seems a really odd way of going about remembrance to me.
I can't believe I didn't see that until today. Couldn't they have done something like a wax museum figure or actually etched out a statue that looks like him? I mean it's just a jersey. Are there other things around that show you Sean in his uniform?

He is wearing a Nike jersey. He didn't play a single down while any team was wearing Nike.

this team has somehow taken a hanging curveball and not only fouled it up, but swung at it 3 more times and somehow got called out in the process.

Now the national media is getting involved, so at a minimum we're not just being the "oversensative HTTR fans" than can only see through burgundy colored glasses.

When guys like Salisbury talk, people listen...

I like this concept if they wanted to do an homage to an "Unknown Soldier" If we wanted something that just gave us a way to recognize all the small players who made up the great years who never got the glory of the stars. As a memorial to a specific player, I think it falls flat.

Part of me does wonder if they were trying to go artsy, but it comes off as the laziest sort of tribute. It also feels like they are going to the Sean Taylor well too much. I mean didn't they just dedicate a road to him last year? Doing this, and doing this half-heartedly makes it feel even more cynical... at least to me.

I mean, let's just be real. They already had a major ****-up and took a huge amount of backlash the last time they tried to do a Sean Taylor remembrance thing. How - and I mean HOW do you manage to screw it up the 2nd time around knowing how much scrutiny it will come under. It's really mind-boggling that they are this stupid. I don't know how else to characterize it.

I'm not upset. I don't think ST would want any of this and his family seems to be satisfied. But in terms of tonedeafness it sets a new bar. And that's saying something.

Jackie is still fine as a mug though....

Do we know who designed or built the statue? The only grace I would give is if it was designed or built by the family. Honestly, it looked like they picked some doped up artist that was begging for money on the street and they felt soft for them so they let build the statue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.