• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The DL is becoming an embarrassment of riches. The line could become ranked up there with our best all-time.

Even though Halloween was last month, they’re dressing up as the Walmart Steelers this Sunday vs the Falcons.
Don’t know why they have a burgundy jersey, they never wear them.

I’m honestly curious why the black bothers some so much? This is the way I see it (and obviously and sincerely don’t begrudge anyone who feels differently, just trying to understand)…

We aren’t the Redskins anymore. But even so, there is still Burgundy and Gold on the black uni’s if that matters. A ton of teams use a white jersey but no one seems to get excited about that? I think a lot of fans think the black jersey is sharp.

I’ve said all along if they were looking to offend the fewest number of people, they’d have been better off discarding everything associated with the Redskins instead of trying to thread the needle between tradition and a ‘new brand’.

I don’t really have a problem with them trying to do something different vs. just mimicking the previous uniform styles. But again, that’s just me. I’m far more putt off by the stupid name than this kind of stuff. Would love to think a new owner does a complete do over on all of it but we’re probably stuck as ‘Commanders’ forever.

It bothers me because it's not our color scheme.

The same reason when Zorn got it wrong it bothered us.

Wright said we wouldn't be changing the colors or the history, but that's all he's done. It's just one more lie to our faces that we are forced to either accept or leave the team we've spent the majority of our lives rooting for won or lose.

Those colors are the Steelers. These aren't original or unique. Everyone I know who watches football says it to me from PA, OH, and CA. These aren't color rush, they aren't throwbacks. They are just our lousy marketing dept being unoriginal and forcing an inferior product down our throats.

I’ve mentioned being disappointed in Bates this season. When asked about the strengths of the offense today, Rivera talked about the RB corps and referencing the TE’s mentioned Logan coming back, the rookie, and even Armani Rogers. Not a peep about Bates. Hmmm…

That's hysterical.

There was an old satire article about Jay Cutler back in the day. It was about unleashing the dragon. He would say stuff like "see that receiver open 5 yards deep? F that guy...that's pu**y stuff." "See the WR with four corners on him 50 yards deep? That's what gets the cheerleaders hot. F it, I'm going deep!"

Very funny article I can't find...that shirt reminds me of that.

Anyone know what's really up with Cole's foot?

Not Jay Cutler, Mike. Rex Grossman.

And it was great.

rex.jpg

While I think the shirt is hilarious and also true, I do worry about Taylor getting a little too caught up in himself. For one, I like it when he has a chip on his shoulder trying to show everyone what he’s got. But also, he’s been extremely lucky on so many of those throws. One was to Samuel, but some of those throws to Terry, either Terry bails him out or the defense just flat out messes up. I’d rather him work on making better reads and better throws than celebrating his good fortune.

If someone else made the shirt, I’d find it a lot funnier. I just don’t think it was best for him. That’s my opinion.

20F3520D-9EA3-4075-A60C-98C75AC36A55.jpeg

I just think he's showing humility and self-deprecation. And making a buck. Not like the Commanders are making him rich. I doubt anything could change his overall mentality when it comes to football. He's simply celebrating 'I'm not supposed to be here' and in a way expressing he understands many 'don't believe he belongs here'.

Heinicke will continue to Heinicke. In every good way. And in every bad way.

It's no different from the nonsense about him getting a Heinicken deal last year imho.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.