• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Why do coaches do this? The Bills coach did this all last week right up until game time. Just say who will be playing QB. Or if you think it’s an advantage to not say, then answer it that way. But don’t give cryptic comments that say you are trying to say but don’t want to say.

Paging Scott Turner.

It's kinda funny ... every decade or so the NFL goes through an evolution ... defense adjust to the run, so offenses evolve to more speed/passing schemes ... which defenses eventually re-adapt to and adjust to (like they're talking about here) so offenses start running/power schemes again ... which defenses will again adjust to ... etcetera.

And just as predictably, the NFL media breathlessly talks about the change like it's a new day.

Same as it ever was! :)

Was anyone else surprised by the claim that an average 11.1 yds per reception was an NFL low? I really question that as when you look at QB stats you often see QBs averaging 6-8 yds per reception. And that is in the modern era where downfield passing is much more prevalent.

Just didn’t sound right to me… maybe one stat includes YAC and the QB stat does not?

Last edited:
This whole season reminds me of 2020.

The team started Dwayne Haskins and he had size and a strong arm but was prone to holding the ball and it seemed other players on the team didn't really play that hard when he was on the field. He was what 1-4?

Alex Smith came back and then started a number of games. He made just enough plays to get some points on the board but the team seemed to jell around him and he was on the field for most of the wins that year as the defense worked to make those points stand up.

In 2022, you have essentially the same dynamic.

Wentz is big and has a strong arm but tends to be wildly inconsistent and inaccurate at times and holds the ball, taking a high number of drive killing sacks. The team doesn't seem to respond with any 'umph' to his leadership and he doesn't seem to get Terry McLaurin involved in the pass offense at crunch time.

Enter Taylor Heinicke. He's mobile, he doesn't take many sacks and makes just enough plays to justify his presence. BUT the team responds to his effort and leadership and again the defense makes the points stand up. And Taylor gets Terry McLaurin, the team's offensive star, involved in the game and looks for him to make plays. The team feeds off of that.

RGII wrote about the 'Heinicke' phenomenon in 2022 on NBC Sports Washington and made the statement that his prior outlook to bring Wentz back when he is healthy enough to come off IR was mistaken and that you really don't want to mess with the chemistry, and let the 'magic' out by turning the horseshoe upside down.

Seemed to me at first I was reading an article from a couple of years ago.

Bottom line to me is we are getting EFFORT each week now.

There is no more 0-24 at Detroit or Philly where the team doesn't appear awake to start each game.

Last edited:
"If you're going to go out as a scumbag, be the biggest and best scumbag you can" - Dan Snyder probably

I’d like to see a study tracking ticket price hikes across the 32 teams for like the past 10 years. At least we’d have some context.

First of all, I'm skeptical that ticket prices haven't been raised in 10 years. That seems improbable. And there are so many other ways the price of game attendance can go up. Concession prices, parking pass prices, etc...

But honestly, in the list of things to be pissed about as a Washington fan, raising ticket prices for the first time in 10 years during a stretch where inflation is raging, this would seem to me to be pretty far down the list.

I'm more interested in the timing. If a full sale is imminent, why make changes of any consequence? Is it possible that Snyder is making this move to amp up 'potential future revenue' numbers (ie... to increase the valuation estimates of the franchise)? Because if he is selling the whole kit and kaboodle, obviously higher ticket prices won't benefit Snyder. I think I might be on to something.

Last edited:
It’s an odd thing. I sort of had the same question about the Nationals with their fire sale. I mean why get rid of Juan Soto if you’re selling? He stilll had two relatively cheap years on his contract and he’s one of of the only draws to your ballpark. Plus, wouldn’t the new ownership want an asset like a superstar player?

similarly, raising ticket prices will never be a popular move. If you’re not going to see the revenue boost then why bother announcing this plan? All it does is give people an excuse to grumble.

It’s an odd thing. I sort of had the same question about the Nationals with their fire sale. I mean why get rid of Juan Soto if you’re selling? He stilll had two relatively cheap years on his contract and he’s one of of the only draws to your ballpark. Plus, wouldn’t the new ownership want an asset like a superstar player?

similarly, raising ticket prices will never be a popular move. If you’re not going to see the revenue boost then why bother announcing this plan? All it does is give people an excuse to grumble.

I have to agree

If you've sold 20,000 seasont ticket seat packages for a total of $60,000. 4% only translates to $2400 for the season.

I don't THINK this is sale related... maybe the business side is just considering they have to keep up with the rest of the league?

That's crazy. I know they are playing well, but neither of them seem like league-leading type players?

That's crazy. I know they are playing well, but neither of them seem like league-leading type players?
I think that's because while they are both playing very solid football neither have had enough of the "wow" plays we associate with top players. Forrest has had a few picks and had the fumble recovery, but I don't think offenses are scared of them. When I think of "best" I think of guys who are game changing. I don't think Kurl or Forrest are there yet. OTOH, I think both have played very well in recent weeks in terms of breakups, run responsibility, and being where they need to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.