• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pick your poison - what do you want the new name to be?

What do you want the new name to be?

• Redwolves

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Wolves

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Commanders

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Sentinels

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Warthogs

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Hogs

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • WFT

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Defenders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armada

• Presidents

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brigade

• Something else (please comment)

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
What do you want the new name to be? You can pick up to 3.

I guess RedWolves.
Although I thought about. The Irrelevants.

I'm surprised there aren't more dinosaur-related sports team names tbh.

I guess RedWolves.
Although I thought about. The Irrelevants.

Funny thing is, I hated Redwolves for months - but having heard so many goofier options supposedly under consideration since then, I could probably live with it at this point. I say don't over-think it. Wolves are ferocious, could have a badass logo, it's alliterative, and if you still want to howl, knock yourself out. And it doesn't sound like something you pulled up on your Pokedex :)

Sentinels would resemble the Patriots too much.

The Wolves or Hogs for me.

Commanders and the rest sound like something they got off a Bazooka Joe wrapper or a Cracker Jack box....

1. Burgundy and Gold (I know this is a pipe dream, but it would far and away be the best way to connect to the history/tradition of the franchise)
2. Redwolves
3. Sentinels

Honestly, Dan Snyder has been an expert at selling hope over the years. We somehow always seem to get suckered into buying into it. The last leg he might have to stand on at this point is to sell hope through the rebrand to a new generation of fans. Under that premise, I honestly don't know how you can pick anything other than Redwolves. It seems to be far and away the most popular choice (on social media outlets at least). He has alienated and pushed away so many fans to begin with through the name change and the overwhelmingly poor product he has pushed in Washington over the years. To piss off and disappoint so many more by going with anything other than Redwolves to me seems like an exercise in running off a cliff, and I am not too sure he can afford that at this point in his ownership.

I'm surprised there aren't more dinosaur-related sports team names tbh.

Not sure T-rex's or Brachiosaurs has the same ring as Raptors - plus that was just great timing by Toronto with the popularity of the first JP movie.

Pterodactyls?? A bit much to spell

I remain fine with WFT - I also went with Warthogs, I do like ST's Juggernauts suggestion as well

I believe they’ll go with either defenders or Redwolves.

Id rather it be something like…

Virginia Vigilante
Washington Watchmen
Washington Warriors
Washington Wolfpack
DMV Destroyers
Washington Warhawks

Edit: If they build that one stadium design with a moat then maybe go with the KNIGHTS. Kinda like a castle theme or something

Not sure T-rex's or Brachiosaurs has the same ring as Raptors - plus that was just great timing by Toronto with the popularity of the first JP movie.

Pterodactyls?? A bit much to spell

I remain fine with WFT - I also went with Warthogs, I do like ST's Juggernauts suggestion as well

Lol... you may have a point dino-wise :)

How bad will they screw this up?

Have absolutely no faith.

EB1AA3A1-A90F-4713-997E-2141096E0C5A.jpeg

Here's the brief - It's NOT Redwolves

First, and I'll cut to the chase here, we can confirm that, after careful consideration, our team name will not be Wolves or RedWolves. One of the most awesome and powerful aspects of this process has been getting to hear and understand your preferences directly, and we know that many of you loved one or both of these names. And because of that, we want to share some context behind our decision not to move forward with these names. You all deserve nothing less.
Early on we understood Wolves -- or some variation of it -- was one of our fan favorites. As I've said all along, we take feedback from our fans seriously, and because of your interest in this name, we put Wolves on a list of options to explore fully. Once we began looking into Wolves, however, we became aware of a notable challenge: trademarks held by other teams would limit our ability to make the name our own. And without Wolves, variations like RedWolves wouldn't have been viable either for these and other reasons.

This is all about the fans, except we won’t name the team what the majority of fans prefer. But Ron likes it, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.