• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pick your poison - what do you want the new name to be?

What do you want the new name to be?

• Redwolves

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Wolves

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Commanders

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Sentinels

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Warthogs

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Hogs

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • WFT

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Defenders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armada

• Presidents

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brigade

• Something else (please comment)

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
This can be chalked up to a growing list of Jason Wright gaffs. If he keeps this up he’s gonna replace the phrase ‘Munson’ with a much deserved ‘Wright’

The 'W' is starting to fit in a little more a few weeks later

I may be giving WAY too much credit to the team here, but when you look at the logos for our division, the W does sit right at home with both the Cowboys and the Giants. Both are really simple logos with an outline around them.
It's the Eagles who are the outliers in that sense. So I do wonder if they paid attention to the other in-division logos when designing ours.

Yeah, I know... crazy thought. LOL

Reactions: Om
I admire the enthusiasm…

Glad I made it through the first it's-3am-and-the-'ludes-be-kickin'-in part ... lol.

Got that funeral dirge vibe to it.I think anything like this they try to impose as a new ‘tradition’ is just going to be uber cringe-worthy.

0D65A030-6075-4519-A598-C9748F17DC98.jpeg

I'm probably picking nits here, but this was another EASY way to establish yourself with the fanbase and the ball is dropped.

A LOT of season ticket holders have been at the stadium this weekend to pick out their seats, and THIS is the state of the field

When i got season tickets, the entire field was blank. No paint at all, and it looked 100 times better than this.

Not to mention they just rolled out a new name... Man, sharing the new field paint and striping floating around twitter as eager new season ticket holders share pictures would have been a hell of a look.... I continue to see opportunities for this team to earn back some love with the fanbase fall short. A lot of these fans are first time season ticket holders, and it would have been so cool to them to see the field painted with the new name.

Got that funeral dirge vibe to it.I think anything like this they try to impose as a new ‘tradition’ is just going to be uber cringe-worthy.
Absolutely!!! key word impose !! IMO any kind of "Battle Chant" has to be made up by the fans naturally, and in order to do that you need an identity which other then a new name and uniform we lack . Since the elimination of our band and fight song I've wondered what our new battle cry will be....I really hope this isn't it (n)

I don't necessarily have an issue with the team 'coming up with something' but the problem is, the groan factor is so potentially high on these kinds of things... 'Hail to the Redskins' was team-generated (it was created by the leader of the newly-launched Redskins Marching Band). Those were different days though.

Not sure how I missed this, but per a John Keim ESPN article, Wright plans on continuing with HTTR with reworked lyrics. That's got an equal groan factor for me. It feels forced and awkward. I'd prefer they just forego a 'fight song' as in the modern era, it is sort of a lame tradition, but I am the old guy telling kids to get off the lawn, so I suspect this is the direction to go. The fact that 'Commanders' is simply one syllable too many to fit into an 'HTTR' redux seems like an obvious enough reason not to try that, but logic doesn't seem to apply when it comes to this front office's decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.