• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 13 - Commanders @ Giants

I heard this on JP Finley’s podcast and looked it up to confirm.

538 Sports playoff odds show:

If Washington sweeps the NYG their odds of making the playoffs is 97%

If they split the two games- 63%

If they get swept- 13%

looks like St Juste is at practice

Doesn't appear to be in pads, so presume a 'limited' designation will come, but this is a step in the right direction.

"Illness" pops up again for a player you can easily connect the dots that Rivera may not want the distraction on the sideline

Smart. No reason to mess with our mojo on D in a critical game, or to rush Chase back.

Yeah, I’ll be more concerned if he isn’t playing after the bye.

Chase Young a football player or a fragile china doll that needs to be placed in a glass cabinet?

If the concern for him is that you can't bring him back if it's raining or if the game is on turf or the sun will make it too hot for him.....just IR him for the rest of the season and be done with it. A good staff could find a way to use him.

Could you imagine Richie Petitbon saying they couldn't use Fred Stokes or Jumpy Geathers because it would mess with defensive chemistry?

Such a load of horse hockey.

Sorry macho man. But Young’s injury didn’t just require ‘repair’ but an entire reconstruction (meaning they had to harvest a patellar tendon to try and undo the damage he incurred). I get the old school ‘rub some dirt in it’ mentality but I think in this case it’s off base. Old school isn’t always better.

Young was the #2 pick in the draft and putting him out there asap because he should be tough enough to go doesn’t make much sense.

Sorry macho man. But Young’s injury didn’t just require ‘repair’ but an entire reconstruction (meaning they had to harvest a patellar tendon to try and undo the damage he incurred). I get the old school ‘rub some dirt in it’ mentality but I think in this case it’s off base. Old school isn’t always better.

Young was the #2 pick in the draft and putting him out there asap because he should be tough enough to go doesn’t make much sense.
Fine. IR him for the rest of the year and quit pussyfooting around.

Tired of the whole cat and mouse game they seem to like playing with him.

So - they should base their player moves on what irritates fans - is that the argument? Come on brother. There are plenty of things to bitch about but is this really one of them?

So - they should base their player moves on what irritates fans - is that the argument? Come on brother. There are plenty of things to bitch about but is this really one of them?
C'mon Boone. Really?

All I'm saying here is: Is he ready or not? If the answer is no,IR him.

But this whole game of We can't play him because it's raining...turf field...too hot...too cold...Jack flipped a coin,it came up wrong etc....
All those excuses are just as bad as fans who worry bringing him back will ruin defensive chemistry ;)

Come on what? I had no problem with the first part of your original post - that they should just IR him if he's not ready. I've said the same thing. It's the (what I see as) bullshit about 'the staff' I have a problem with. In Richie Petibon's era, they sent guys back into the game with obvious concussions too. The coaches have to tread the line between following the medical guidance (ie...IS HE medically ready) and also the practical need to see where Young is at so they can make good decisions this offseason. It's nowhere close to being a simple proposition.

And given that our D is what's keeping our post-season hopes alive, I think it's totally reasonable to worry about messing with chemistry at this point in the season. Not sure what's mock-worthy about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.