• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread: Redskins @ Giants

By the sounds of it, my decision to no longer lose sleep, both physically and literally, is paying off. I have just woken up after almost 8 hours of sleep, and I feel alert and refreshed. Normally, I would be looking at heading off to bed about now, and it taking until Wednesday before I'm back to 'normal'.

Now, when I wake up on a Monday morning (remember the time difference), I make a coffee, turn on my laptop, and check to see how much we lost by. I then get on with my day. My game day routine isn't going to change until the team does.

Anyone watching Jason Campbell play like a Pro-Bowl QB? He just threw the sweetest fade pattern I have ever seen him throw!

Campbell is the kind of a qb that a very good team can win with and a decent team can do ok with , but he is not a guy who wins games on his own and hes not a guy who plays a high level for a very long time.

Kind of like McNugget at this point

Ryman, you are probably right. But what I have seen today is something I have never seen from Jason Campbell. He looks confident in the pocket. He is running through his progressions showing vision I have never seen him exhibit in all the time he was here. He is dumping off, only when necessary, not rushed and scared. All around he looks like a quality QB.

Does that mean he will return to his former self next week? I don't know. But I am stating something different about JC. He looks like a quality NFL QB today!

yeah Campbell sometimes has flashes, I wouldnt have minded keeping him TBH, I thought with some decent coaching and a good system he could at least be a place holder.

Say what you want. I was one of the happiest fans to see him go. Regardless, Jason Campbell never played a game for us like he did for the Oakland Raiders today. Could it be an aberration? Probably, but today he was no place holder!

well Joe gibbs thought a lot of him, I always thought he was just a place holder until we got a real manning type qb, I will say I liked him as a person as he was classy and a solid guy just not flashy or rah rah which we needed. now we gave up a 2 and a 4 for a guy who hasnt really been a huge improvement.

yeah Campbell sometimes has flashes, I wouldnt have minded keeping him TBH, I thought with some decent coaching and a good system he could at least be a place holder.

I find it funny that so many of the things people knocked Jason for... holding the ball too long and taking the sack, locking onto receivers, inaccurate, and a host of others.

The funny part is, I've been watching the same stuff all season with McNugget as QB.

Is that why we fired the student and hired the mentor, to get the same level of play ?

That's not vindication for Campbell, it's an indictment of McNabb to date though Pete.

We'd likely be exactly where we are now with Campbell. Which proves your point to an extent, that McNabb is much less of an upgrade than many believed he would be. That also begs the question, was it worth throwing a draft pick at Philly for the luxury of roughly the same performance? Remains to be seen, but I'm leaning towards it being a mistake.

That's not vindication for Campbell, it's an indictment of McNabb to date though Pete.

We'd likely be exactly where we are now with Campbell. Which proves your point to an extent, that McNabb is much less of an upgrade than many believed he would be. That also begs the question, was it worth throwing a draft pick at Philly for the luxury of roughly the same performance? Remains to be seen, but I'm leaning towards it being a mistake.

Is that a joke? Right now, I can not see how the answer is anything other than a mistake. If we were in the thick of the playoff chase, having rebuilt on the fly, I think you could make the argument that it was a good trade. But as things stand now, Philly has to be laughing all the way to the bank.

By the time this team is ready (if ever) to be competitive, McNabb won't be.

That was exactly my point John. I just get a bit annoyed when people slam Jason, yet look beyond the same shortcomings in McNabb.

Well, Pete, dammit! In that case....

err...

Nevermind :paranoid:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.