• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem Contest: 'It's Baaaaack!'

11-3 between Thursday and Sunday. Quite happy with that number.

Ugh. That was a horrible week. Hopefully I can get these last two game right.

Jimbo, rocking it again! 14-1 on the week? Nice job!

This is a good group, I was just looking at the results, do you all realize we did not have a single person under .500 for the week? That's pretty frickin' incredible!

Jimbo, rocking it again! 14-1 on the week? Nice job!

This is a good group, I was just looking at the results, do you all realize we did not have a single person under .500 for the week? That's pretty frickin' incredible!

The because Redskins fans are the most knowledgeable of course. *cough* notice where the cowboys fans are... *cough* :moon:

10-6 is way better than I thought I was gonna do. I was watching final scores roll in, thinking "I did not pick a single game correctly." Tough week!

PS: To those of you who picked Dallas - SUCK IT!

All that stood between me and 14-2 was Colts defensive meltdown and forgetting Norv still coaches the Chargers.

It's going to be a great competitition. :)

Uh, yeah. This week not going nearly as well. Yikes. Most of us are 7-7 going into the final 2 games. :)

Talk about coming crashing back to Earth - yikes!
I am a cellar dweller this week. Painful.

What an atrocious week, geebies, Helen Keller could've picked beter.

So far, an impressive 7-7 for me. Today - NFL, Not Freakin' Lucky.

Ah well. :biggrin2:

Wow, tough week. I'll gladly take a 9-6 record for Sunday.

As I said, I was sure I would crash back into reality after the first week :) On to next week.

Actually this first two weks of games has been filled with "didn't see that one coming." games-it's been a crapshoot so far.

Yuck.

I have said for years now, and am proven right nearly every season, that the person who adjusts to the new reality of the current NFL season the fastest is the person who wins these things for the year. The questions that person has to solve are things like "are Tampa and KC for real or did they just hit teams that are worse than we all though?" and "are the Cowboys and Vikes really that bad?".

Not easy riddles to solve either and that is without factoring in any new injuries.

EGADS! This is what happens when you don't follow your own advice. After a gut-wrenching loss and looking at my picks I feel like the old Hee Haw song.

I'm counting on the Whodats tonight just to finish .500 for the week.

This is why bookies wear ridiculous bling.

Yeah, I read once that if you pick games and finish a season above 60%, you rock. It's funny, I read a lot of articles and listen to podcasts before I make these picks, and still barely break .500.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Talk about coming crashing back to Earth - yikes!
I am a cellar dweller this week. Painful.

Don't worry... I'm at the bottom holding you up ...

At least I'm still above .500 for the season thanks to a lucky first week for me... it was so nice being near the top and looking down, if only briefly.

Let's see... I'm almost at 60% after 2 weeks. I'll be rooting for those at the top. I'll keep playing.. perhaps the powers that be will award a consolation prize for last place or worst picks in any given week ::grin::

I get excited when I do well, I kick myself when I take a few chances (which is what I did this week)... and then I turn around and kick myself when something happens when I wanted to take a chance and didn't so I'm never gonna be happy with myself ::grin:: (unless I get a perfect week and then I'll probably whine about the total points ::chuckle::

No lie.. of the 3 I got wrong the first week -- I had to (no lie, of the 3 I got wrong, the only pick hat I didn't waiver on was the (no lie, first week the 3 I got wrong... I literally sat there on the Steelers/Falcons and flipped a coin, the SD/KC. I always pick at least one outlandish upset and I almost took made the Monday night game my upset but I had already picked Houston over the Colts. So I went with San Diego. because on all 3 I just had a hunch... and I picked Houston on a whim over Peyton Manning and the Colts.. that was one of those picks that I said to myself.. you are being stupid on this one...

In any event now I'm kicking myself because I thought "too hard" this week. I usually just go down and make picks. I don't analyze. I do consider major injuries to players, but that's about it. When it comes to our division sometimes I let my heart pick over my head.

So let's go on with next week.. now who thinks the Cowboys are gonna go 0-3? :)

Thanks for listening to my rambling. Onward and (hopefully) upward....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.