• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Music Recommendation Thread

Yeah.... pretty good stuff!

I will recommend the music of Joanna Levesque (JoJo). She's got an agile voice and extraordinarily good ear.
Introduction(This is how I came across her):

2:03 is when the singing starts. The ending is the essnetially a cadenza that can be sung a capella or with backing vocals.

Not familiar with her but she's got a great voice, sounds pretty versatile, and is obviously beautiful as well.

Bruce and friends performed a couple of great ones from his 'Letter to You' album on SNL. No band has kept producing great music for as long as my beloved E Streeters have. Amazing.

I absolutely love the fact that Clarence’s son is now the bands sax player.

And he's an amazing sax player in his own right. I think he's actually Clarence's nephew though.

Also, I find it interesting that even though they have a plethora of guitarists, they have never been a guitar band. Probably not one memorable guitar lick in their catalog. Drums, keyboards, and saxophone are the bands primary colors.

Also interesting that Gary W. Tallent wasn’t there. Hope he is ok.

My uncle showed me this. Clearly nobody is lost on this song, but the performance is freakin insane! David Gilmour KILLS it on the guitar at the ripe old age of 70. The venue is at the base of a mountain and the amphitheater dates back to roman times....

oh... and turn it up....

My uncle showed me this. Clearly nobody is lost on this song, but the performance is freakin insane! David Gilmour KILLS it on the guitar at the ripe old age of 70. The venue is at the base of a mountain and the amphitheater dates back to roman times....

oh... and turn it up....

Master craftsman at work, used the entirety of the fretboard on the solo.

Gilmour is and always has been my favorite lead. To me it was never about "shredding" ... it's always been about hitting those magic notes, and dynamics, and tone.

For my 60th earlier this year, my bride's gift to me was to choose a new guitar. Wrestled with it ... another Martin? Taylor? Something more exotic? Instead, I decided after a lifetime of rhythm guitaring, and some finger-picking, that it was time to try to learn just enough lead/solo technique to maybe not embarrass myself at any impromptu jams.

So I chose.

1608209360353.png

Bought a Positive Grid Spark practice amp that, for a old wannabe rocker like me, is just beyond belief in its capabilities, and have slowly begun to climb the mountain.

Been jamming to Gilmour-style backing tracks for a couple months now, and once in a while even sound semi-musical ... to my ear, anyway. ;)

Life is good.

My top covers....

The story behind this one is something out of a story book. Dolores O'Riordan was scheduled to record vocals for this cover with Bad Wolves the next day... while in England she passed away and was found dead in her hotel room. The group Bad Wolves proceeded to complete the song and has donated 100% of the proceeds to Dolores' children... Its 'rumored' that the woman in the video is a depiction of Dolores after her death, watching the song from 'behind the glass.'

I love that one - added to the media library

Gilmour is and always has been my favorite lead. To me it was never about "shredding" ... it's always been about hitting those magic notes, and dynamics, and tone.

For my 60th earlier this year, my bride's gift to me was to choose a new guitar. Wrestled with it ... another Martin? Taylor? Something more exotic? Instead, I decided after a lifetime of rhythm guitaring, and some finger-picking, that it was time to try to learn just enough lead/solo technique to maybe not embarrass myself at any impromptu jams.

So I chose.

View attachment 5049

Bought a Positive Grid Spark practice amp that, for a old wannabe rocker like me, is just beyond belief in its capabilities, and have slowly begun to climb the mountain.

Been jamming to Gilmour-style backing tracks for a couple months now, and once in a while even sound semi-musical ... to my ear, anyway. ;)

Life is good.

What is your current inventory now?

I took up the guitar this year and have gone down the rabbit hole. 🤣

I bought an inexpensive Ibanez acoustic in April to start. Then added a Gretch electric and amp in May. I found that electric doesn’t please me much and that acoustic soothes my soul. I have since added:

Taylor 114ce as my first ‘good’ guitar, a Martin GPCPA4 which arrived one day after leaving for Finland 😑 and is waiting for my return, and I ordered a Taylor 618e in Antique Blonde that is currently in production for me.

I play left-handed and Taylor has never previously built a lh model. So...I will have first one on the planet.🥳

I have a Rosewood Taylor Mini (the basic version of a mini can be had for $600 or so in a variety of woods) I installed a pickup designed for it myself although they do come in an acoustic electric versio if you want to pay more. Perfect couch guitar and although the fretboard is a little ‘compressed’ it still has that great Taylor feel.

But my baby is my all Koa full size Taylor acoustic- electric. Really deep tones and so beautiful.

Had a new mahogany Zager acoustic-electric but my son fell in love with it ... lol

I have a Rosewood Taylor Mini (the basic version of a mini can be had for $600 or so in a variety of woods) I installed a pickup designed for it myself although they do come in an acoustic electric versio if you want to pay more. Perfect couch guitar and although the fretboard is a little ‘compressed’ it still has that great Taylor feel.

But my baby is my all Koa full size Taylor acoustic- electric. Really deep tones and so beautiful.

Had a new mahogany Zager acoustic-electric but my son fell in love with it ... lol

Koa is a beautiful tone wood. Top, back & sides or sitka top?

All Koa except for the neck

This "kid" has a voice that reminds me of a Janis Joplin. He's out of Cakalaki, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.