• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Music Recommendation Thread

That's a pretty cool story Tom.

Musically, Allman Bros were the best; most fun was Steve Miller Band - I knew I loved their music but did not expect the entire crowd to be dancing the entire time. Even one of the guys I was with was talking trash about how lame SMB was going in, and was dancing his ass off by the end. Great stuff.

Billy Joel was probably my favorite because I knew EVERY song, and was still amazed that he missed a couple. That was in 97 or something and it was a GREAT concert.

I went to an OAR concert last summer with my two oldest and that was loads of fun too. We had a blast together.

I don't think you can top Bruce. I've seen him 15 or 20 times. I saw Boston right after their first album. They were the epitome of 70's power ballad bands, but man, they were incredible in concert. Biggest disappointment - Joe Jackson - of whom I was a huge fan. He did 1 45 minute set, I shit you not. That was it. And anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge Brandi Carlile fan. Best performer, other than Bruce in his prime, I've ever seen.

I had a chance to see Bruce a few years ago in an outdoor amphitheater in Tampa. Kind of like MPP.

I couldn't convince the gf to go. Clarence died a few months later.

That's strike two for the gf.

I'd still love to see him now.

A Springsteen event is equal parts concert and revival. His passion, combined with an impressive as all hell work-ethic, is truly an amazing thing to behold.

And his band ain't too shabby either.

I had a chance to see Bruce a few years ago in an outdoor amphitheater in Tampa. Kind of like MPP.

I couldn't convince the gf to go. Clarence died a few months later.

That's strike two for the gf.

I'd still love to see him now.

Cant cook. Doesn't like The Boss. Damn...

From a country standpoint, I really enjoy Jason Aldean. Especially in concert. Great band behind him that could easily rock the more popular genres. I first saw him live when he opened for Brooks & Dunn on their farewell tour. He kicked their ass.

Cant cook. Doesn't like The Boss. Damn...

Wait. You mean you DIDN'T GO, because of the gf? I thought you meant you went alone?

Oh man. That's crime of the century territory. So sad...

I've just started listening to country music over the last six months Chris, and I like Jason Aldean.

Yes Boone. I couldn't convince her to go. Of course now she wishes we had gone and I just sigh whenever the topic is brought up.

I've just started listening to country music over the last six months Chris, and I like Jason Aldean.

Yes Boone. I couldn't convince her to go. Of course now she wishes we had gone and I just sigh whenever the topic is brought up.

The world sighs...

I've heard that from so many - until they see him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I first saw Springsteen in about 1975. I didn't like him and had no real interest but the ticket was free.

The next day I went out and bought every album he had released up until that point.

If you are in to "real" country you should give Tyler Childers a listen. Bottles and Bibles is an amazing album from beginning to end, too.

I just discovered these guys by accident a few weeks ago. I dig it. Their whole White Flag album so far is pretty good too.

If you are in to "real" country you should give Tyler Childers a listen. Bottles and Bibles is an amazing album from beginning to end, too.

Sounds like the opening music to the series Bloodline.

Lately, I have been listening to worship music, Christian rock since my wife is so involved with the band at church and the kids like it...simple, and catchy tunes. Listening to my 5 year old develop such a beautiful voice singing these tunes like her mother is so wonderful.

Now I have tastes all over the spectrum, I am deeply moved by Mozart, I love Classic R&B, Classic Rock, Country...it doesn't matter, but every now and then a simple tune will just reach out and grab me by the horns...most times it has to do with the situation, and the feeling in that moment.

Last fall after leaving the Great Frederick Fair where I'd just spent a glorious night with my family winning stuffed animals, riding rides, eating fair food in the same place I'd been introduced to when I was about their age.

Upon leaving the fair, this song came on. I'm not afraid to admit...a tear rolled down my cheek.

music can soothe the savage beast LOL

Sitting at my desk at work... current song on Apple Music...

S/O to MikefromOh for the recommendation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.