• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Music Recommendation Thread

i'm on a really weird female-with-awesome-voice kick right now
If you want women with awesome voices, you need to listen to some Mazzy Star, or Florence and the Machine.

edit:I see you already posted Florence and the Machine......so you already know :D

Last edited:
haven't figured out how to get the videos up there yet.....
Untitled.png

When you go to post, this little box appears. Click the icon where I drew the arrow, and copy & paste the video link in there and hit enter.

Then you get this....

Thanx...Nobody........I' a little slow ..but I am learning thanks to you smart folks

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

thought i would give it a try this morning Thanks Nobody... morning coffee and the late great BLOOMFIELD with some very interesting READNG...

Love this Album from the late 60's the greats Steven stills, Michael Bloomfield, Al Kooper...if you love the blues..it don't get any better than this
i wore 2 - 8 tracks out growing up and still listening to this...Music dose not have a expiration date.PRICELESS

Guess i just stuck in that 60's ..growing up in that era ..Vietnam, Music ,Politics, what was happening with the young people,
Woodtock....all that, the times were a Changing. i guess growing up everybody remembers those as the best days of there life...

i'm on a really weird female-with-awesome-voice kick right now.... i made an itunes radio station for Lorde and set it on 'discovery'. been getting awesome stuff for the last month

i love this song every time it comes on my station...

i have to be honest, i don't even really know what she's saying half the time. and i don't care.

I actually went through a female vocalist phase as well; still love them.

Have you heard of Imogen Heap? Hide and Seek is one of my favorite songs.

Have you heard of Portishead? Beth Gibbons is the best vocalist you've never heard of. Glory Box is probably their most famous song, but I love their whole collection.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

the MASTER ...best ever IMO...thought i would throw a little Hendrix on you this morning

arguing who the best guitarist is will never get everyone to agree. I like Hendrix A LOT but I also like SRV more.

but to each their own taste...and I could listen to this all day.

Love this Album from the late 60's the greats Steven stills, Michael Bloomfield, Al Kooper...if you love the blues..it don't get any better than this
i wore 2 - 8 tracks out growing up and still listening to this...Music dose not have a expiration date.PRICELESS

ever catch a local DC group the Nighthawks?

which style of Blues you like the most?

Carolina...I'm going to tip toe around this since it dates me in a way I'm not comfortable with :)

I loved the Blues as well. saw a lotta live concerts because that was the thing back in the....errrr....back in the day (e.g., every May in DC there was 3 days of free concerts at AU as part of anti-VN protests). my favorite was, is and always will be the Dead for live concerts. The Band is one of the quintessential American groups of all time - check em out if you haven't already.

for the Blues...some memories

- Hound Dog Taylor and the Houserockers..he cut a great double album with Canned Heat. Awesome lp track titled Boogie Chillun #2

- James Cotton...awesome harpist

- I caught Muddy Waters once at the Museum of Natural History!!!

- aforementioned Nighthawks were famous in the DC area

- Keystone Rhythm Band outta PA well known regionally

- Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee were big in the DC area

- Otis Spann and Pinetop Perkins for PIEanno!

- more "recent"/others are Buddy Guy, Albert King, Freddy King, BB King, Howlin Wolf, Joe Bonamassa, SRV, George Thorogood...and a whole bunch of others

Yea...James Gang "Rides Again"....wow!

Every Summer the Smithsonian has a week long culture celebration down by the mall. Used to be a big deal. Record labels would set up tents and hawk their stuff at cut rate prices. I had built a huge collection of blues albums from Chess and many obscure labels. gave em all to a friend when I deployed with the Navy. wish I hadn't done that!!!!

Let the Good Times Roll!

how about this tribute from Paul Rogers and Buddy Guy to the man Muddy Waters....great stuff..

arguing who the best guitarist is will never get everyone to agree. I like Hendrix A LOT but I also like SRV more.

but to each their own taste...and I could listen to this all day.

OH i totally agree i never had the opportunity to see Hendrix as he life was cut short way to early....but i saw SRV 3 times at the old Boat House Downtown Norfolk Va.....he is also one of my favorites...i am a Guitar guy as i have 7.....(everyone has there own tastes) ...young people today really don't have a lot of music to choose from ..my sons like the old stuff as the older one said to me "my generations music stinks compared to yours".....but i don't knock anyones taste

ever catch a local DC group the Nighthawks?

which style of Blues you like the most?

Really i love most all blues because i play a little guitar...i like great guitar ...that list you have there is crowded with stuff i listen to GUY, KING, SRV, James Gang, i really love Michael Bloomfield (who IMO never gets the recognition he should get).i am a 60's to latex 70 mostly with blues back ground too...i like Keith Richards stuff from the 60's and early 70's....i could go on and on

this is another of my favorites that you don't hear a lot about but this guys is fantastic....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.