• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MMA: UFC, Strikeforce, etc.

Aldo did not lose because of trash-talking.
He was out-classed by a superior striker.

I have watched Aldo fight since his days at WEC, he has never simply left himself wide open like that against anyone so early in a fight. He has always been more disciplined. He was obviously affected by the trash talk and got caught. Completely undisciplined.

Better striker? Aldo is one of the best strikers in the history of the sport. He got caught with a left hook after leaving himself completely exposed. That's not how he fights...never saw it from him before. It is quite obvious he was affected by the trash talk, the moment, the hype, the pressure.

If you didn't see it earlier, they are replaying the UFC card again right now on FS1. It was incredible, including a FOTY candidate in one of the co-main events.

If you didn't see it earlier, they are replaying the UFC card again right now on FS1. It was incredible, including a FOTY candidate in one of the co-main events.

You talking about last night's card? The only fight I didn't think was worth it was the actual main event...Frank Mir looked horrible last night,. He came in fat, his belly hanging over his waist band. Dude is done.

As for the co-Main Event, Neil Magny earned my respect the last couple of fights he's fought, but last night proved the dude is a beast. The fight could have been stopped in the opening moments, but that dude fought off a tough brawler and survived enough to see Hector Lombard tire himself out. Then Magny went to work on him. Great fight.

The fight before that with the 21 year old Matthews and Case was a great fight, too.

That card turned out to be pretty strong, and that Magny fight was insane. Those may be my favorite type of fights. Where one guy is getting dominated but then comes back to win it all.

I agree with you about Mir.....except that's the one guy I'd least like to have grabbing my arm on the canvas.

I also see where they have just added Anderson Silva against Uriah Hall to an upcoming card. I've been waiting two years for that fight.

I've also been waiting two years to see Uriah Hall fight Bones Jones.

I know it's unlikely to happen with Jones being so much heavier. They'd have to meet in the middle somewhere.

I also wish it would be the version of Uriah Hall that we saw in the Ultimate Fighter house. He seems to have become more tentative since becoming a pro. And obviously, he's facing better competition.

Jones would be a big favorite and probably destroy him, but I'd love to see it a year or two from now.

I think Uriah Hall is way over rated.

He's definitely regressed. I don't believe he's some great technician.

I like him because he has an ability to unleash a level of violence unlike few others I've ever seen before.

Some of those knockouts in the UF house had the straight brutality of Mike Tyson in his prime, or Bones Jones at his best.

He's not well-rounded and he definitely has a lot to learn.

Unfortunately, I think the KO where he sent the guy to the hospital may have screwed with his head. I don't believe it was until that point that he realized just how badly he could wreck somebody.

Some fighters don't care and they just keep going. Others become a little tentative in the future for the fear of literally killing somebody. I think he's in the latter group.

Or it's possible that he just became complacent and slacked off once he felt he "made it big" by entry into the UFC.

Other than shining against sub par talent in the house, I've seen nothing from him to make me think he's anything but a fighter Dana White tried to push on everyone based on his highlight reel KO's against the weaker talent in that house.

You may be 100% correct. But I don't think Dana had to sell anything in that video above. That's a baddddd man lol.

Let's see how he does against Silva who is entering the later stages of his career.

If he can knock him unconscious, then he'll quickly shoot up the ranks. If he sits back and lets Silva dominate him, then he'll get taken apart.

Pretty great card tonight..........

Now I'm trying to figure out how to see it.

Pretty great card tonight..........

Now I'm trying to figure out how to see it.

Disappointed to see the Jones fight go the way it has, now we have to watch an over the hill Anderson Silva get beat up.

I am really looking forward to see how Frankie Edgar fights, and Aldo to be honest. A fighter like Aldo can be scarred for life after the KO he endured, but I want Edgar to get another belt before he retires.

Not really interested in Lesnar v. Hunt. I don't think either are elite fighters...the HW division is in shambles.

Gastellum should beat Johnny Hendricks...it looks like he's lost something after the first fight with Lawler.

And I think Dillishaw is getting the raw deal after his fight with Cruz...I still think he won the fight against Cruz. He should be on the main card, he is a big draw.

Oh yeah, Pay for it ya big boob! It's only 60 bucks!

I'm not a big fan of the owners of the UFC.

I had a really bad financial run-in with the Fertittas many years back. I've always been a fan since the beginning, but I stopped ordering the pay-per-views from home years ago.
'

And how can the UFC ever trust Jones to headline an event again?

Once his suspension is over, I wonder if he comes back on the undercards, or if he ends up in Bellator.

And how can the UFC ever trust Jones to headline an event again?

Once his suspension is over, I wonder if he comes back on the undercards, or if he ends up in Bellator.

He's only 29...look at fighters like Rua who came back, even Frank Mir after his accident. There is plenty of time for Jones to turn it around. He has an uphill road, but he has plenty of time to change.

Dillishaw is in for a fight.

He's only 29...look at fighters like Rua who came back, even Frank Mir after his accident. There is plenty of time for Jones to turn it around. He has an uphill road, but he has plenty of time to change.

I'm not saying his career is over. I'm just saying that you had better have a plan B ready to go quickly if he dopes again.

You can't spend a month advertising that he's the headliner and then he gets busted days before the event.

That costs a lot of ppv buys.

Just amazing that Frankie Edgar could be so good in the Lightweight division, and not be able to dominate at this level. Had Aldo not let Connor MacGregor get inside his head and fought him like he fought Edgar tonight, he'd have probably won that fight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.