• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Here go all the leftists............

So I run across this today

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...tes_mark_levin_as_reason_for_az_shooting.html

Matthews, of all people, should keep his yap shut on this issue, and I'll tell you why;

First, let's review Mr "Thrill up my leg"

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no9fpKVXxCc[/media]

And they wonder why people get pissed, when the supposedly "objective" "news" media comes out and shows their homerism for the whole world to see. Joe Average sitting at home sees that and it confirms that 95% of the media is in the tank for one candidate. A candidate that most people who were paying attention knew wasn't qualified for the job but got elected soley because he was "cool".

Second, and it showed in the video, Matthews works hand in hand with Keith Olbermann, one of the most partisan "journalists" on the planet.

Now both Fox and MSNBC can say they do both news and opinion pieces, but has anyone on the right stooped this low?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrDnpYDQauw[/media]

And just where is Olbermanns outrage over Mr Obama's 50 some rounds of golf since he escalated the war, or his many vacations, or the increased war casualities?

And they wonder why most of America is pissed

And they wonder why people get pissed, when the supposedly "objective" "news" media comes out and shows their homerism for the whole world to see.

Who claims MSNBC is objective? Is 'Fair and Balanced' their tagline or something? :D

Now both Fox and MSNBC can say they do both news and opinion pieces, but has anyone on the right stooped this low?

Ever? Sure.

Again, using a link I found on the page you linked, I prefer to take this from the tragedy rather than to continue to find ways to attack the other side, courtesy of a leftist:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/01/11/sen_leahy_seething_rhetoric_has_gone_too_far.html

Last edited:
If the left was not so anti guns we would have better laws

Has the left ever admitted when they screw up every time something happens it seems like the complaint is its a conservative talk show listener. but i can prove plenty of times where that was not true even this time.

The pointers Palin used are aslo online lensatic compasses used on some maps

Obama said some pretty good stuff but you didnt hear fox news going off claiming the crap was racist and such.

I think if they could honestly find a way to blame fort hood on conservatives they would

Just when we were starting to get all kumbaya in here....lol

I give up. You guys go ahead and blame the left for everything. It's been working really great up 'til now.

I give up. You guys go ahead and blame the left for everything. It's been working really great up 'til now.

Blame? Not really. I think it's just a general feeling of frustration that an institution that for so long objectively reported the news has gone over to one camp, a camp that most surveys say represents only about 20% of the country. And yet, they try to portray themselves as mainstream

If there is any blame to go around, it probably lies with the Sheriff. After his news conference it's obvious what side of the spectrum he lies on. Had he done what most law enforcement officials done, just stuck to the fact, the sad mudslinging probably would have been limited to the Daily Kos and the like

Why can't this have happened, oh I don't know, simply because this guy is a ****ing lunatic?

Don't disagree with most of that, El.

I do disagree that they encompass 'all the leftists' or even necessarily 'many on the left'. They are just idiots saying idiotic things, and we should recognize them as such.

Just as I find most conservatives willing and able to engage in honest debate claim that the likes of Limbaugh and Beck do not represent them, I say the same about the leftist wingnuts and myself.

Actually, John Stewart speaks for me on this one. I think this may be the first time because he's usually not this serious:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-january-10-2011/arizona-shootings-reaction

That's where I see 'the left' today. Not crazy Olberman or Krugman.

Henry, I have read enough of your stuff to know you are not left. I would say you are left of center. By simply stating left, I mean Olberman and Kruggman. But your right, I should probably refer to them as extreme as not to confuse them with respectful members of differing beliefs. I am also basing my statement, many on the left, by the friends I have on Facebook who are admittedly left and are buying into the rhetoric.

And Goaldeje, I think Conservatives have the right to condemn these mediots who are suggesting anyone other than Loughner was responsible for this tragedy. So do Blue Dog Democrats, and any other group of people who are smart enough to know these fools are just blabbing off at the mouth to push forth an agenda. Unfortunately, there are too many who buy into the rhetoric, and it does happen on both sides. It's just that this is dominating our lives right now.

I am fearful of what Obama is going to say tonight. Does he have any true leadership skills? Will he throw a strike like Bush did at Yankee stadium or will he fall into the same old Obama, the self-serving ego-maniac.

No you're wrong. It's Helen Thomas' fault.

BLAME CANADA! lol

and guys lets be honest, the asshats are the extremists on both sides, a guy who is slightly left of center like Henry shouldnt be lumped in with guys like Olberman, and guys like Al who are perhaps more than slightly right of center shouldnt be lumped in with Phelps.

This two party BS is so counterproductive, its as bad as the canadian system with 3 major parties, what would work better is if each candidate actually voted their conscience (if they have one).

Gotta be in proximity. Had someone in the audience had a weapon,maybe they could have done us a favor and plugged this nut

Someone did have a weapon:

http://www.foxnewsinsider.com/2011/...oughner-had-a-gun-and-he-was-ready-to-use-it/

And he almost shot the wrong man:

"I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!'"

But the man with the gun wasn't the shooter. He had wrested the gun away from the shooter. "Had you shot that guy, it would have been a big, fat mess," the interviewer pointed out.

Zamudio agreed:

"I was very lucky. Honestly, it was a matter of seconds. Two, maybe three seconds between when I came through the doorway and when I was laying on top of [the real shooter], holding him down. So, I mean, in that short amount of time I made a lot of really big decisions really fast. … I was really lucky."

This guy did a great job maintaining his composure and control. But as he said there was significant luck involved. I think if more people are armed the odds go up of someone being involved who is not well trained mentally or physically to handle such a situation as does the likelihood of unintended tragedy.

Last edited:
Why can't this have happened, oh I don't know, simply because this guy is a ****ing lunatic?

Close the thread. This is the answer.

On the other hand, if we all just acknowledged that, we wouldn't have had such a fun discussion over the past two days.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Thank you Henry. I watched it again this morning, a little less emotionally. Very well done, I thought. Very well done.

The T-Shirts were especially classy

http://www.examiner.com/conservativ...ial-service-tuscon-turns-into-political-rally

Even before the first words were spoken at this evening's memorial service for the victims of Saturday's massacre in Tucson, the atmosphere turned overtly political.

White House operatives passed out t-shirts to the crowd with Obama's new campaign logo, 'Together We Thrive.' The words were also taped to the seats in which mourners would sit during the service.

I thought the student section was a little... umm... rambunctious? Distracting? Whatever you want to call them, that part was weird. And yes, i will gladly concede the t-shirts and campaign slogan were in poor taste.

Sadly, this means we can look forward to at least a week of FOX News concentrating on that aspect rather than what he said, which was inspired, and should be inspiring.

Sigh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.