• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Here go all the leftists............

as much as we think Obama made such an "inspirational speech" remember how inspired we all were after 9/11 when Bush spoke and then look at the public opinion of him shortly after. People are just looking for someone to lean on and know they are understood by. He is that guy....for now.

Of course. But then again, that's part of the President's job.

Is it so terrible to acknowledge that perhaps, just this once, he did an ok job of it yesterday?

uggg...I didn't want to get into this...but.....he's been one of the primary causes of all the friction. think of all the violence laden language (knives then we'll bring guns, retardation jokes) and demonizing (bankers, oil executives, the rich, pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, doctors, the middle class, illegal immigration opponents, police forces, radio show hosts, republicans)....and on and on and on.......if we didn't know better...it almost seems scripted by moveon

it's been his MO for nigh on two years now to attack his attackers and perceived barriers to transformation rather than act Presidential.

there has also been a distinct facade at times between language and action with this President.

2011-2012 will be very interesting...lotta bills coming due. somethings gotta give.

You are correct in that he has used just as much confrontational rhetoric as everyone else, looking for asses to kick and all. My point was simply that a skilled public speaker can sway an audience and control them. Had he simply done something like put his hand up and say "Please hold your applause" it would have gone a long way to calm the college kids that somehow couldn't remember that it was supposed to be a memorial service instead of an Obama camgaign event. I blame it on the lack of a telebinky telling him what to do

Of course, the ralley T-Shirts didn't exactly set the mood either.

Sarge, I think you're picking nits with the crowd thing. I agree the t-shirts and stickers were a horrible decision, but the crowd thing is more tricky than you're giving him credit for. People grieve in different ways, and if the mood for most was one of defiance, putting a stop to that would be tricky, and perhaps even detrimental. There is a lot that we may not fully understand due to the medium of TV.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

You are correct in that he has used just as much confrontational rhetoric as everyone else, looking for asses to kick and all. My point was simply that a skilled public speaker can sway an audience and control them. Had he simply done something like put his hand up and say "Please hold your applause" it would have gone a long way to calm the college kids that somehow couldn't remember that it was supposed to be a memorial service instead of an Obama camgaign event. I blame it on the lack of a telebinky telling him what to do

Of course, the ralley T-Shirts didn't exactly set the mood either.

you're right. and don't for a moment doubt that there isn't a political calculation in every move he makes.

as for the T-shirts. laughable. there are no rationalizations for the obvious. It was a University campus for God's sake. Think that was just a random decision?

Obama delivered a decent speech. as we know from his 2008 campaign and conduct the last two years...there is an awning gap between what he says and what he and his administration/party DO. his core problem: huge segments of the population NO LONGER TRUST HIM. and that is the one key ingredient any elected leader must have in order to govern.

btw...why has no one noted that of the 10 safest cities in AZ...Tucson isn't one of them. Cmon now Dupnik....you're an effective law enforcement official!

I don't envy Obama...he has to placate his increasingly wacko base in anticipation of 2012 (note how he never, ever chastises his base by name as he does his political opponents) while accommodating a growing segment of the population that now has representative power in the House that is opposed to his agenda. his whole strategy over the next two years is going to default to trying to pin the economic tail on the Republican donkey (errr...elephant)......and I don't think he will succeed.

he owns it. and we all know he owns it.

I return to an early supposition: why should this President be trusted by the part of the population that does not support his agenda?

it's unfortunate that at this critical juncture...there are no emergent great leaders in either political party. sad. sad. sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
This blame game has gotten out of hand. Read about the violence laden tweets against Palin. I don't hear those blaming her now saying anything against these tweets? There is (or was) a youtube video of all the threats. Many called for her to be killed.

There is no doubt Obama is using this tragedy to improve his public opinion rating. I have no confidence in this man as a leader.

This blame game has gotten out of hand. Read about the violence laden tweets against Palin. I don't hear those blaming her now saying anything against these tweets? There is (or was) a youtube video of all the threats. Many called for her to be killed.

There is no doubt Obama is using this tragedy to improve his public opinion rating. I have no confidence in this man as a leader.

we'll get through it. just keep our fingers crossed that no one is hurt.

I'm onbd w/Henry et al on the need to tone things down. I just don't know how...in this environment and the profound problems we are facing...how this gets done.

LEADERSHIP. LEADERSHIP. LEADERSHIP. where is it? look at the folks from BOTH parties. I'm not seeing it. I don't care for ANY of the options.

LEADERSHIP. LEADERSHIP. LEADERSHIP. where is it? look at the folks from BOTH parties. I'm not seeing it. I don't care for ANY of the options.

Look, simply annoint me as dictator for a year, I'll have the whole place straightened out in six months

Of course. But then again, that's part of the President's job.

Is it so terrible to acknowledge that perhaps, just this once, he did an ok job of it yesterday?

He did goooo ooooo .......

He did goooooooooooo ooooo oo

He did, oh hell, I give up

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2007/04/20/sensationalizing-murder-and-mental-health/

"At no point in the LA Times reporting do they mention the fact that there is virtually no correlation between increased violence risk and mental illness (except in the case of substance abusers). "

I was raised with guns and I own and hunt with them. From assault rifle to pistol. I'm all for reasonble gun laws that don't impede law abiding citizens from purchasing guns. But lets choose ones that will actually make a difference. It is much more likely that a non-mental person will commit a violent crime than a mental one.

rog.

just know that Chaffee will boycott you in RI.

btw Sarge....check out what is going on with the Pigford case. there's actually good reporting on this emerging scandal over at HuffPO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.