• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haskins - Going Forward

The lack of accountability is more than mere immaturity. It's years of conditioning and psychology built up from youth.

That's literally what I said... that his history has set him up this way.

And I just said to not be surprised if he made a play, I didnt say it would work. Belechick has been known to buy low and sell high... He did the same thing with Haynesworth... that didnt work but didnt stop him from trying

Last edited:
I don't think we needed JLC to tell us that anytime a 1st round draft pick gets relegated to 3rd string in his 2nd season, he's got 'bust' written all over him and may not be secure. There will be the obligatory bemoaning that we got back a 5th round pick (or whatever we get) in exchange for using a 1st round pick for Haskins. But honestly, it's an illogical thing to criticize - as if he were WORTH more than that he'd be on the active roster and not benched. Our blown pick doesn't obligate another team to give up a high draft pick to obtain him.

I know that the *official* word is that they 'haven't given up on Dwayne'. But I don't believe that. The coaches actions over the past week indicate they absolutely have given up on him. And they did it in a hurry. There's no reason to drag it out... if the coaching staff doesn't believe he's got potential as an NFL starter the best thing for everyone involved is to move him for whatever you can get and the sooner the better.

I don't think we needed JLC to tell us that anytime a 1st round draft pick gets relegated to 3rd string in his 2nd season, he's got 'bust' written all over him and may not be secure. There will be the obligatory bemoaning that we got back a 5th round pick (or whatever we get) in exchange for using a 1st round pick for Haskins. But honestly, it's an illogical thing to criticize - as if he were WORTH more than that he'd be on the active roster and not benched. Our blown pick doesn't obligate another team to give up a high draft pick to obtain him.

I know that the *official* word is that they 'haven't given up on Dwayne'. But I don't believe that. The coaches actions over the past week indicate they absolutely have given up on him. And they did it in a hurry. There's no reason to drag it out... if the coaching staff doesn't believe he's got potential as an NFL starter the best thing for everyone involved is to move him for whatever you can get and the sooner the better.

Yeah its a rather frustrating criticism of return on investment. Value dropped, sometimes you have to wear it.

Ron killed any trade value DH had relegating him to 4th string and letting it become public. At this point the team will be lucky to get a 5th in exchange. Regardless, fully agree that a trade or release needs to happen and soon.

I do disagree with the many here who think Dwayne’s the devil incarnate & believe he needs an organization that will actually invest time & tough love to capture potential. A year maybe even 2 sitting behind a solid qb ought to do just that. Somewhere like Pittsburgh, Tampa, Green Bay, etc.

If he’s going to have any success in the NFL it’s gotta be far away from the WFT. IMO he can be a good QB to a team that takes the chance and sets the situation up properly. That’s something this team & fanbase as a whole will never have the patience for. Hell with this teams history of QB management it wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see the next high draft pick consider pulling an Eli on draft day.

Ron killed any trade value DH had relegating him to 4th string and letting it become public. At this point the team will be lucky to get a 5th in exchange. Regardless, fully agree that a trade or release needs to happen and soon.

I do disagree with the many here who think Dwayne’s the devil incarnate & believe he needs an organization that will actually invest time & tough love to capture potential. A year maybe even 2 sitting behind a solid qb ought to do just that. Somewhere like Pittsburgh, Tampa, Green Bay, etc.

If he’s going to have any success in the NFL it’s gotta be far away from the WFT. IMO he can be a good QB to a team that takes the chance and sets the situation up properly. That’s something this team & fanbase as a whole will never have the patience for. Hell with this teams history of QB management it wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see the next high draft pick consider pulling an Eli on draft day.
Haskins leaves and breathes bad faith. So tough love is nothing but an opportunity for him to blame others for his problems. The goal line play was supposed be a throw into the endzone but he checks down and saves his statline.

Haskins leaves and breathes bad faith. So tough love is nothing but an opportunity for him to blame others for his problems. The goal line play was supposed be a throw into the endzone but he checks down and saves his statline.

I will say i saw the overhead shot and there was no real other option.

He did not move to buy time to allow someone to break free, he did not extend the play...

but in the parameters of the play there wasn't much there.

I will say i saw the overhead shot and there was no real other option.

He did not move to buy time to allow someone to break free, he did not extend the play...

but in the parameters of the play there wasn't much there.
There isn't another down to play, so it's end zone or bust. You force something in there and thread the needle. It's an evaluation play. Checking down means not even trying.

Forgive me if this has been posted and or in another thread.

https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-wants-deal-dwayne-haskins-143213765.html

So, just for conversation - What team needs a starting QB? The JETS fans and organization seem done with Sam Darnold. Trade one for the other?

I get why WE might want to pursue that trade, but why on Earth would the Jets? Darnold has had some impressive games previously. I just don't see this happening unless Adam Gase has Haskins rated far far higher than we do for some reason? This kind of trade is going to require us to sweeten the pot, and that's not something I'd be interested in doing. I'd literally rather release Haskins than give up draft capital to move on from him.

I don’t think any team in the running for the top pick will trade for a QB, regardless of who that QB is. They are in a spot to draft Lawrence, so why trade even a late round pick for a QB if you have a shot for the next “can’t miss prospect”.

I get why WE might want to pursue that trade, but why on Earth would the Jets? Darnold has had some impressive games previously. I just don't see this happening unless Adam Gase has Haskins rated far far higher than we do for some reason? This kind of trade is going to require us to sweeten the pot, and that's not something I'd be interested in doing. I'd literally rather release Haskins than give up draft capital to move on from him.

I never finished everything that I wanted to say. I agree with you but in this league, we never know. I doubt that if we find a trade partner, we wouldn't get much in draft picks. Releasing him is definitely an option. Joe Flacco is playing QB for the 0-5 NYJ. Here's another article https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ork-jets-get-1st-round-pick-sam-darnold-trade ... like I said you never know in the business of the NFL.

I never finished everything that I wanted to say. I agree with you but in this league, we never know. I doubt that if we find a trade partner, we wouldn't get much in draft picks. Releasing him is definitely an option. Joe Flacco is playing QB for the 0-5 NYJ. Here's another article https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ork-jets-get-1st-round-pick-sam-darnold-trade ... like I said you never know in the business of the NFL.

Thats true. I would make that trade in a NY minute.

i'm sorry but this rubs me the completely wrong way...

Haskins twitter.png

"Business Inquiries Contact:"

Really? You're enough of a brand that people on Twitter are going to reach out to you with 'business inquiries?' Come on dude, play football...

I have no idea why he checked down, haven’t even seen the play. Did the rb have a better possibility to score than a covered wideout? Maybe if DH knew exactly what RR wanted him to do instead of trying not make a mistake it woulda been different. He was playing under ultimatum and all to not mess up

If today’s game couldn’t prove to some of you guys the o-line is hot garbage along with the current defensive play then nothing will. Dwayne may not be firing on all cylinders at this point in his very young career but as of today NOTHING on this team is. 8 sacks on these seasoned vets & yet another 30 points given up by the defense

Last edited:
I have no idea why he checked down, haven’t even seen the play. Did the rb have a better possibility to score than a covered wideout? Maybe if DH knew exactly what RR wanted him to do instead of trying not make a mistake it woulda been different. He was playing under ultimatum and all to not mess up

If today’s game couldn’t prove to some of you guys the o-line is hot garbage along with the current defensive play then nothing will. Dwayne may not be firing on all cylinders at this point in his very young career but as of today NOTHING on this team is. 8 sacks on these seasoned vets & yet another 30 points given up by the defense

It wasn't even a checkdown to an RB, it was to Wright, a WR. Logan Thomas was the only one 'close' to scoring a TD and nobody was even in the endzone when he released the ball.

sorry about the name of the twitter account that shared this.. it's the only video I found

Ok gotcha. Hell that seems like the whole offense forgot about 4th down then. Dwayne & the wr’s both, but yeah he shoulda heaved it in the paint, that part is a given seeing the replay.

Either way I see it as RR has handled the whole issue quite poorly. My guess would be he told Dwayne he’ll be sitting and DH mouthed off something he shouldn’t of, voila he’s 4th string.

Going forward he can’t go back to Haskins & Alex Smith’s gonna be permanently damaged by this shit line. It’s ride or die with Allen now and hope someone offers a 5th rounder for DH, or a free safety.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.