• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haskins - Going Forward

Compete with him. Show up before Alex does. Jump in whenever the coach asks for a rep. See what Smith does, and do more... it's not hard. It's a lot of work, but it's not hard.

Does Haskins even realize Smith almost lost a leg two years ago and works 50x harder?

Does Haskins even realize Smith almost lost a leg two years ago and works 50x harder?

I don't think he cares. I think he feels like he got done wrong... He's looking at Joe Burrow right now and seeing him blow up, and he probably sits back and says "I beat that guy out." Then he's looking at last year, and seeing his uptick in production as the year went on. Over the last 2 weeks of the season last year he was rated as one of top QBs in the NFL... and the top rookie if I'm not mistaken. He set records at Ohio St, and he's been winning everywhere he goes. He probably feels like he's good enough to be starting... regardless of what's actually happening. I HOPE this works as a wakeup call.

These are just my speculations btw.

I have to say that Alex's leg is becoming less and less of a concern to me. He's taken some sacks and not even hobbled. Not saying he is perfectly OK, but I am not as concerned as when his E:60 came out.

He is also the only QB I see so far that is hitting people "in stride". Cam Simms got over 100 yards because of it.

Some people are just brought up in a manner that is ultimately self-destructive and not conducive to success in whatever endeavor they are purusing

Undoing 2 decades of psychological wiring is a tall order, even for a sports psychologist.

Haskins is going to join the ranks of talented but not of right mind QB busts.

I suspect that the benching is was more than just rubbing Rivera alone the wrong way. Team mutiny was likely about to boil over.

If it were just about business between Haskins and the team, he'd still get the full year to build his body of work. The CBA has done a very good job at incentivizing both sides to put the QB out there early and not just bury him on the bench. For that to be overridden indicates significant issues happening inside the room.

I don't think he cares. I think he feels like he got done wrong... He's looking at Joe Burrow right now and seeing him blow up, and he probably sits back and says "I beat that guy out." Then he's looking at last year, and seeing his uptick in production as the year went on. Over the last 2 weeks of the season last year he was rated as one of top QBs in the NFL... and the top rookie if I'm not mistaken. He set records at Ohio St, and he's been winning everywhere he goes. He probably feels like he's good enough to be starting... regardless of what's actually happening. I HOPE this works as a wakeup call.

These are just my speculations btw.
True, he might think Burrow is succeeding. But he doesn't grasp the whole picture in that case. Burrow is looking like belongs with no proper offseason.

Haskins first few games required a great amount of tolerance...for the sheer lack of polish he had.

I think in the end this all boils down to one question. Are the deficits Haskins has ‘correctable’? It sounds to me like the issues that have kept him from progressing so far are work ethic, study habits, leadership traits, maturity, and attitude.

Anyone here believe any/all of those can be corrected through coaching?

I’m very skeptical. And that’s why I think he’ll be dealt in the off-season.

True, he might think Burrow is succeeding. But he doesn't grasp the whole picture in that case. Burrow is looking like belongs with no proper offseason.

Haskins first few games required a great amount of tolerance...for the sheer lack of polish he had.

Haskins first few games were an unfair launching of a QB into a borderline impossible situation. He had very VERY little chance of success. Toward the end of last year he looked to be getting better and better. He then became an Instagram model. As frustrated as I have been with him this year, and as much as it's caused me to question his ability to be successful, The 2nd half of last season was very promising. The last 2 games of last year he absolutely looked the part.

Haskins will never be the qb Burrow already is.

Dwayne was the last holdover mistake Rivera has to deal with from the Snyder/Bruce days.

I don’t expect much.

If we can move him off the roster in the offseason and get a pick we can finally move on to the future and drafting a legit pro prospect.

A strong arm has to be accompanied by a guy with high emotional IQ - maturity to know that he has to work and focus on his craft for the NFL

Otherwise you end up with Jeff George.

They need to just release him and draft whoever it is RR wants then. This team will screw up the next drafted qb’s potential too, guaranteed. After recent comments from coach about drafting Burrow if he slipped past Cincy, holding on to DH after this coming offseason would be petty.

I think in the end this all boils down to one question. Are the deficits Haskins has ‘correctable’? It sounds to me like the issues that have kept him from progressing so far are work ethic, study habits, leadership traits, maturity, and attitude.

Anyone here believe any/all of those can be corrected through coaching?

I’m very skeptical. And that’s why I think he’ll be dealt in the off-season.

I do and realize I’m alone here. Coaching is exactly what Dwayne needs and he’s surely not going to get it from this cluster truck of a team. A release would certainly be best for the team & Dwayne both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.