• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fred Davis: See You Later Gator

The fact Davis is not a Fletcher or Griffin type guy in terms of work ethic or leadership, the decision is that much easier.

I don't think he's got the character we need, nor is he an all-star talent where we might be more tempted to overlook the fact that he's a grade A knucklehead.

Betting we resign him, but I'm sort of hoping we let him go. We can do better.

I don't watch a ton of college ball, but the consensus seems to be this draft is pretty deep at the TE position. There are several sleepers who should be available in the later rounds who could make an impact. As far as a Jimmy Graham or Tony Gonzalez, I'm not sure if there's one of those or not.

Gotcha, hopefully the staff has something in mind this April cause the Fred, Niles and Paulsen era needs to come to a close. If nobody's available I could tolerate riding out Paul and Paulsen one more year, and use a 2nd or 3rd next year...or even FA for a fair priced pickup. Priorities in my view are RT, FS and CB with our first 3 picks.

apparently.....neither is FS, RT or CB since we went 10-6 with mediocre across the board.

you can get away with that when your offense is a legit threat to put 30+ points on the board every game.

other teams have to adjust their offense when matching up against a team that can score like that. they have to take chances they otherwise wouldn't. they have to give up on playing a game of field possession if the other team is going to be kicking off, not punting, next time its their turn to get the ball.

our defense was shoddy last year. we had a few individuals (specifically line backers) that did well. our best defense last year was our offense putting points on the board.

Fred is having a PC later this afternoon in Buffalo - even though he hasn't signed with them. Diva much, Fred?

wait
davis is having his own press conference?

yeah, definitely don't want him back. he's just crazy, he has no idea what reality is.

At this point, offer Fast (Not) Freddie a one year minimum with no signing bonus. Take it or leave it. Give him 72 hours to decide.

The reality shock must suck for Davis. Maybe he'll come back and it'll motivate him.

Sigh. Fine. Hopefully the guy will be on his best behavior and rock it this year so he can get the mega contract he wants.

Fine. Now shut up and play football. Cause when you talk, you sound stooooopid!

I just hope that Mara didnt see his NFL channel interview! If he gets dinged for drug use again someone should cut his other achilles. Sigh.. Welcome back Sleepy Davis.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I just hope that this year he is all business and leaves the immaturity he has shown in the past behind him.

Well, Shanahan got his wish. Almost all of the under 30 free agents were retained and we seem able to sign at least a few depth veterans for the OL and CB.

Fine. Now shut up and play football. Cause when you talk, you sound stooooopid!

That's gold Jerry...pure GOLD I tell ya!

As far as the 1 year deal - meh - I'm totally ambivalent. I don't see him being in our long-term plans. Hopefully, this was a wake up call for Sleepy - and he's now clued into the fact that NO ONE other than himself considers him a top tier TE. On the plus side, this may allow us to focus on other areas of need in a draft where we have more needs than picks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.