• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Draft Is Wide Open

I think you can add WR and RB to that list of positions we won't be adding at #34.

TE is a luxury I feel we can't afford until we solidify our OL (!!!) BPA or not. Of course, the team may not agree.

BPA is fine but I don't think you force that. At least not this year with this team. I think the more realistic idea here is BPA at any one of several positions - RT, G, S, CB and NT.

Are you considering Amerson ahead of Porter then? I'd say he really showed ability towards the end last year, and he's young. He may not be a no. 1 but he's a solid no. 2 or 3

Yeah, I see Hall and Amerson as #1 and 2 and Porter as #3. I'm not sold on Biggers but no surprise there. I wouldn't mind seeing DHall's eventual replacement drafted at #34.

Yeah, I see Hall and Amerson as #1 and 2 and Porter as #3. I'm not sold on Biggers but no surprise there. I wouldn't mind seeing DHall's eventual replacement drafted at #34.

I agree with Amerson, just wanted to make sure he wasn't getting overlooked. I honestly think we have to go BPA at 34 with the exception of QB/RB/TE.. and by BPA i dont mean the 'most talented' but more the 'best fit'

For all those whom think a CB at 34 would be smart...why not wait until we have a 1st round pick next year since we have 3 solid CB's for now? . I know this draft is supposed to be "deep" so any position "could" fall to us, but the biggest hole on our team now is RT. We have our starting CB's we've added a few veterans on defense who could get us through a rebuilding season, but we do not have an OL sufficient enough to protect a QB who is coming off a very bad season. A solid interior OL or RT is the type of player who would fall to us now that WR is not urgent. The guys who tend to slip through the cracks more than any other position are interior OL and RT...or at least that is an observation I am basing off memory over the past 6-7 years of interwebz Redskins' sites.

If he's still there at 34....I want that big damn OG from UCLA to replace Chester.

I know there have been players who got injured during or right before their Pro Days but went ahead, and got so frustrated they walked out . Not excusing it but that's a little different from just 'quitting'. Might be more to the story than folks know. There usually is...

Not excusing it but that's a little different from just 'quitting'. Might be more to the story than folks know. There usually is...

True, we don't know the whole story. His quitting could actually be the result of getting a call from his gang leader. At least, that's the rumor I heard, from sources who refuse to identify themselves, or provide evidence about his gang activity :p

Seantrel has been a million dollar talent/.10 brain since showing up in Coral Gables. Any team that invests more than a late round pick on him is going to get exactly what they deserve- a lot of regret.

For all those whom think a CB at 34 would be smart...why not wait until we have a 1st round pick next year since we have 3 solid CB's for now?
Maybe next year's pool doesn't look so good? Especially of you're planning on being in the later parts of the first round?

I don't know enough about it all to even know if that's the case, but I assume those actually being paid to make the decisions consider that.

I'm a fan of BPA and using need to break ties or on situations where it's close and you have a hole go fill. It may leave you with holes in the short term but in the long term it should set you up with a young talent poll built through the draft.

I think the more we look at 'which player will we most want to have on the team 5 years from now?' vs. filling the most pressing immediate needs, the more likely we build a long-term winner. Takes a lot of discipline and patience to draft that way, especially for a new head coach expected to turn things around in a hurry.

I think the more we look at 'which player will we most want to have on the team 5 years from now?' vs. filling the most pressing immediate needs, the more likely we build a long-term winner. Takes a lot of discipline and patience to draft that way, especially for a new head coach expected to turn things around in a hurry.

In addition to that I think today's nfl playoffs can be a crap shoot. Bounce of the ball this way, missed call that way, a play here and there and you can have totally different teams in the super bowl.

So to me winning a super bowl is about making the playoffs on a regular basis and hoping stuff bounces your way enough one year that you make it. Too much parity (not a bad thing!)

So I think long term is much better than short term player acquisitions to 'make a run.' it's very seldom teams are on the position the broncos are in this year, and even then there's no guarantee they'll make it again.

Where you been SS - I've missed you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.