• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Draft Is Wide Open

Still a number of high picks like Jenkins, Hankerson and LeRibeus that haven't shown us much.

No doubt about that. Jenkins and LeRiebus were picks that Shanahan was thinking "he'd show everyone how smarts he was!" Hankerson is just injury prone. I think the kid was coming around last year before another injury got him. Makes you wonder how much heart the kid has.

McShay has us taking a RT from Alabama in the second, fwiw.

McShay has us taking a RT from Alabama in the second, fwiw.

Not know anything about the kid, going on blind faith to be honest, I would have to say this can't be bad. Not a fan of Nick Saban...at all!~ But if there is one thing he understands about football is you win with big uglies so the kid has to have some talent to man the RT position for a Nick Saban football team.

Not know anything about the kid, going on blind faith to be honest, I would have to say this can't be bad. Not a fan of Nick Saban...at all!~ But if there is one thing he understands about football is you win with big uglies so the kid has to have some talent to man the RT position for a Nick Saban football team.

I'm not a real big fan of Cyrus Kouandjio. While I have no doubt he'd be an effective run blocker, his footwork is spotty, he doesn't slide real well from the film/highlights I've seen and he also has injury concerns. I'm also not real high on Morgan Moses, especially after watching his tape against North Carolina. If we DO draft a guy to play RT at #34, I'd have to call it a bit of a reach. Not that that's really a bad thing, it would just tell me we're not truly looking at BPA.

I'm becoming more convinced we either take a pass catcher (WR/TE) or Defensive player at #34 unless, of course, we trade down.

Last edited:
I'm not a real big fan of Cyrus Kouandjio. While I have no doubt he'd be an effective run blocker, his footwork is spotty, he doesn't slide real well from the film/highlights I've seen and he also has injury concerns. I'm also not real high on Morgan Moses, especially after watching his tape against North Carolina. If we DO draft a guy to play RT at #34, I'd have to call it a bit of a reach. Not that that's really a bad thing, it would just tell me we're not truly looking at BPA.

I'm becoming more convinced we either take a pass catcher (WR/TE) or Defensive player at #34 unless, of course, we trade down.

Granted, I could be wrong. But under your scenario the Skins should have locked up Ryan Harris as a FA (plenty of cap to do that). Their depth at tackle is Compton and maybe McGlynn. Possibly they are waiting till after the draft, to see what falls their way. In that case, they are definitely looking OL.

We really need a RT. If there is a good LT that could become a RT - grab him!! After that we need to shore up our linebackers and defensive line. IMHO.

With Hatcher and Jackson in the fold that #34 pick becomes a real wildcard.

This draft is deep for OL and we have needs there.

It sure would be nice to be able to move from 34 to say 50 and pick up an extra third rounder so in the end we get RT, ILB and S by the end of Day 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.