• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Donovan McNabb Running his Bitter Betty Mouth Again

Funny, McNabb talked about walking away from the NFL a couple of years ago to manage all those businesses he owns.

Now that he is out of the league all he seems to want to do is hang around at the periphery like a ghost.

The fact his comments on the Redskins qb situation were so blatantly one-sided indicates to me he has compromised himself in re a media career.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Except maybe for a local Philly gig. I think Philly would look favorably upon one of their own who took them to a Superbowl making negative comments about a division foe.

McNabb has been off the Skins' radar screen for over a year now. I think we should ignore him. dude who played what.....12 games?......corners too much attention.

see ya DM. enjoy your new life. we have a QB now who has the potential to achieve what you couldn't - a SB championship. You need to come to terms with the fact that Philly let you go cuz you were on the downside of your career. Washington was not the core source of your problems.

'aggrieved' ex-Redskins never seem to go away.

whether it is McNabb or Portis or Haynesworth or going back a bit further LaVar Arrington they all seem to stay active in the media criticizing the team.

but the one common thread is that NONE of them have found anything to do post-NFL other than to stay on the periphery of the game.

None of these guys have any Plan B for their lives.

'aggrieved' ex-Redskins never seem to go away.

whether it is McNabb or Portis or Haynesworth or going back a bit further LaVar Arrington they all seem to stay active in the media criticizing the team.

but the one common thread is that NONE of them have found anything to do post-NFL other than to stay on the periphery of the game.

None of these guys have any Plan B for their lives.

While most of those guys seem to be at fault, doesn't it make you wonder why so many ex-Redskins become this way ? Is there something about the organization that contributes to their bitterness ? Do other teams have this many players pouting about their ex-teams so much ? I don't seem to hear about it.

I think if you look around at organizations who are NFL's bottom-feeders, you might see some of this kind of stuff. Here's the other thing...what do the Haynesworths, Arringtons, and McNabbs have in common? They're 'me first' guys. Period. They are also poster children for a failed strategy, which involves drafting or bringing in guys who are chock full of talent and potential, but who don't have the right stuff (either in terms of character, or what's between the ears). Add to that a lot of previous dysfunction in the Redskins ownership and front office, and it's easy enough to see how all of this stuff gets generated. These guys never ever should have been Redskins to begin with.

I actually kind of feel sorry for the Dude (McNabb). He just didn't know when to hang up his spurs and the Redskins are an easy target to blame someone for his recent failures.

Rather pitiful actually.

I actually kind of feel sorry for the Dude (McNabb). He just didn't know when to hang up his spurs and the Redskins are an easy target to blame someone for his recent failures.

Rather pitiful actually.

Who does he blame for his most recent fail at Minnesota ?
Is that the Skins' fault too ?
I don't see how anyone can have such pity on such a selfish, egotistical, irresponsible, bitter, stubborn person, who refuses to be accountable for his short-comings, while the majority of QB's in the league have the class to do so.

The NFL is a big-boys' league, and Done-ovan is just acting like a boy.

Fear, I don't think he was saying the blame the Redskins received is warranted, just that McCrapp's failure was easy to blame on us.

"This is the first time I'm actually going through free agency and I'm excited about it because I get the choice to pick and choose (from) the teams that are interested."

LOL, if there even IS any teams interested

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...nfinished-business?module=HP11_headline_stack

I was under the impression that Andy Reid did his best to trade McNabb to a team that he wanted to play for. I'm pretty sure the trade wasn't a huge surprise ...

bottom line, Mcrapp was never a redskin, shouldnt have even been on the team, it was a huge mistake. but I do admit that I laugh whenever he calls himself a hall of famer, he had one superlative year a couple decent years and a whole lot of avererage to below average years, that doesnt get you into the hall without some damn good pr

McNabb's true colors are coming out in full force. I used to like him as a person/player when with the Eagles and doing Chunky commercials with his mom. With hindsight being 20/20 both TO and Limbaugh (overrated QB comment) had it spot on. He comes off as a selfish me first guy. We hear nothing but crickets when listening to his former teammates coming to his defense or other team's GM's lining up to sign him.

Perhaps it is time to close the book on McNabb threads in the SoW forum.

:)

Final comment for me.

Last time you will hear any comments from me regarding this has been. I do pity anyone who doesn't know when it is a good time to quit and they make a fool of themselves. Bitter and negative never gets you anywhere.

McNabb dropping weight in comeback attempt

Someone needs tell Donovan that the problem isn't his weight, unless he is carrying some that is pinching his brain and causing him to think others are responsible for his issues.

Yeah, I posted this over in the NFL forum. What I thought was telling was his claim to have lost 15-20 pounds because he wants another shot then goes on to say it wasn't about his weight. It was about the perception that because he carried that weight that people may have thought he was out of shape.

He's delusional.

This entire 3 year episode with him is very fitting to me. He was the only Eagles player I actually respected. Figures he'd find a way to screw that up before finally retiring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.