• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Capitals First Round Playoff Schedule

Lanky Livingston

By virtue of the Flyers beating the Rangers this afternoon, the Caps will face the Montreal Canadiens in the first round of this year's Stanley Cup Playoffs. Here is the schedule:

Thursday, April 15 at Washington, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
Saturday, April 17 at Washington, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
Monday, April 19 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. TSN
Wednesday, April 21 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. TSN
*Friday, April 23 at Washington, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
*Monday, April 26 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
*Wednesday, April 28 at Washington, TBD TSN

*if necessary

Caps record against the Canadiens this season:
2-1-1, 3.75 GA, 3.5 GAA

The Canadiens were the team that ended the Caps magical 14-game winning streak, beating them 6-5 in overtime. The Canadiens have somewhat backed into the playoffs, losing several of their last few games. So while Ovechkin may have missed out on the individual hardware, this is the first step to the most important trophy of all!

I am psyched... Looking forward to these games. Hopefully I can catch some of them streaming because I dont have TV.

This is crunch time. Not to sound over confident but we should be able to handle the Habs easily. We just can't give them a reason to believe they can play with us. I'll call this one Caps in 4.

Anyone here going to the game?

Man, I love playoff hockey!

If I were in town, I'd be going to every game. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to miss this series (BOO). Although, if it goes to 5, I'll attend game 5 if I come into town for the draft day party.

I was at game 7 last year against the Pens. Man......I hate the Pens.

lets go CAPS!!!! Congradulations and good luck, I will be watching ,can't miss Ovechkin.

Would love it if they made it up to NY to play the Rangers. I don't know if I could afford tickets, but it would still be great to watch a little playoff hockey in a sports bar up here. Go Caps!

Would love it if they made it up to NY to play the Rangers. I don't know if I could afford tickets, but it would still be great to watch a little playoff hockey in a sports bar up here. Go Caps!

Rangers were eliminated on Sunday, so they will not be making it up there to play them. :)

Its possible that they'll play Buffalo in the Eastern Conference Finals though.

So, ironically the Caps goaltending and defense were good last night, but it was the superstars and offense that didn't shine. Caps lost game 1 3-2 in overtime, mostly because Ovechkin was held without a shot, Semin didn't disappear, but wasn't really impressive either, and the Caps had zero net presence. Halak (Montreal's goalie) played well, but gave up some juicy rebounds...we just had nobody there to pounce on them. It was like a flashback to 2008.

I have every confidence Ovechkin is going to respond with a HUGE game Saturday (historically when held without a point, he responds big time). And after getting torn a new asshole by Boudreau, the net presence is going to be there BIG TIME. Knuble, Laich, Steckel, Bradley, Fehr, all these guys are going to crash the net big time. Caps in 5. :)

With Ovechkin being smothered as he was, it's up to the guys around him to take some pressure off, and they weren't quite able to do that. It's still nice to see some of the less heralded players step up, including the new additions like Corvo.

It was fun to watch, anyway, at least until that last goal.

They looked tight to me last night. I think the team has put an enormous amount of pressure on themselves. I think as the series goes on they will calm down and you'll see them play more like the team we've seen all season.

I hope so...I think we'll see Knuble, Laich and others parked in front of the net tomorrow night.

I've never followed hockey that closely, but my neighbor is an avid hockey fan. Heard him and others say that Caps are team that chokes.

Is this an accurate assessment?

Not a start that inspires confidence, eh?

Game 2 now becomes monumentally huge. You can't lose this one. We'll see. Truthfully, although I love hockey, I've never allowed myself to bond with the Capitals. I have enough personal pain over one DC obsession with adding to the agony. But I wish them well.

Not a start that inspires confidence, eh?

Game 2 now becomes monumentally huge. You can't lose this one. We'll see. Truthfully, although I love hockey, I've never allowed myself to bond with the Capitals. I have enough personal pain over one DC obsession with adding to the agony. But I wish them well.

True Boone, it was not a great start. However the Devils, Sharks and also the Blackhawks all lost game one - that's the top 4 seeds in the NHL playoffs! Not to mention the two teams who were in the Stanley Cup final last year, Detroit and Pittsburgh both lost game 1.

The beauty of the 7-game series is that the better team will win. One game anything can happen, but over 7 games? The better team will emerge victorious. :)

I've never followed hockey that closely, but my neighbor is an avid hockey fan. Heard him and others say that Caps are team that chokes.

Is this an accurate assessment?

Does he mean these Caps? Or the Caps in general? Because last year the team made it to game 7 with the eventual champs. This year's team is better than last years.

Unless Washington starts to look like Washington, and soon, they could well face insurmountable odds to advance. They just scored to make it 4-2. Might sound hysterical, but I think they need to come back and win game 2 to really have confidence they can win this series.

As was talked about a lot during the regular season the D and goal tending was going to be the Achilles heel of the Caps in the playoffs and so far that's exactly what's happened. Pretty disappointed thus far in their effort.

4-3 :)

Creeping closer...

Apparently, the Caps agree.

This is a must-win game.

4-4 folks. Go Caps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.