• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Capitals First Round Playoff Schedule

Caps WIN! Another dominating performance North of the border, 2 goals for Ovechkin and Knuble, and the Caps win 6-3. They now lead the series 3-1, and have a chance to wrap things up Friday at Verizon Center.

Its times like these I'm VERY sad I'm in Houston, and not DC.

Ok, non-hockey-fan question:

Why are the Canadiens called the Habs? How is that short for anything?

... is it French thing?

... is it French thing?

From Wiki:

In English, the team's main nickname is the Habs, an abbreviation of "Les Habitants".

... is it French thing?

Yes, in French Canadia they are called "Les Habitants," which I assume means Canadians, or simply "the people who live here."

Yes, in French Canadia they are called "Les Habitants," which I assume means Canadians, or simply "the people who live here."

Ok. I'm never ever calling them that then. That's stupid.

I'm going with Cans or Nads. English all the way baby!!!

With the way the some of the fans and a couple of the players have been behaving this series, Nads is a good nickname.

Well, Caps gave their worst effort of the playoffs tonight, and lost 1-2. Mike Green continues his playoff suckage, and Schultz is sucking as well. Gabby needs to bench someone for the next game; this is ridiculous.

Hopefully they get their act together and close this series out on Monday. I don't think I can take a 1st round exit...

I don't think a lot of Caps fans can deal with a first round exit. Especially to the Canadiens. I am all for benching Green. I think that would send a big message.

There have been times where the offense has been unstoppable in this series. They move into the offensive zone and you just KNOW they're going to score.

The question as always with this team is the lapse in defensive play. At times they look lost. A benching may be in order but I think Gabby knows these guys well and will know what buttons to push. The need to finish this series Monday.

Game 6 tonight...nervous. If they come out flat again, definitely going to 7. They need to set the tone early, even before the puck drops. I'd like to see Green and Flash benched; they've done bupkus this entire playoffs.

From a non-hockey fan and someone who only watches in a cursory manner, if these guys choke out, it's going to be one of the biggest flops in DC history, maybe a bigger egg than the Skins laid in Super Bowl 18. Lot of people at work are nervous and the talk of the Cup has practically vanished

From a non-hockey fan and someone who only watches in a cursory manner, if these guys choke out, it's going to be one of the biggest flops in DC history, maybe a bigger egg than the Skins laid in Super Bowl 18. Lot of people at work are nervous and the talk of the Cup has practically vanished

I think they will win this series, and hopefully it will be the wake-up call that the team needs to go deep into the playoffs. I have thought they were a year away from real Stanley Cup competition, but got caught up in the hype. This season has shown that they are indeed probably one more year away. Hopefully they call up Alzner full-time next season, and he and Carlson provide the defense they sorely need. Also, hopefully Mike Green stops being the Peyton Manning of hockey, and steps up his game.

It’s hard to admit but the freewheeling style of play that the Caps are best at is not the kind of hockey that wins in the playoffs very often. The questions coming into the season revolved around defense and goal-tending. Varlamov has proven to me that he has the mental make-up to be the guy in the play-offs. Those goals Friday were not his fault. In fact I think his saves in gave 4 were the difference. The defense however has shown they are prone to big mental lapses. A foot definitely needs to be applied to the correct rear end here. We simply must get more from them…..or they need to sit.

All is not lost. I still think we are a better team and I think we will prove it tonight. For whatever reason Montreal seems to match up against us well against us. Their defense and goal-tending is very solid and they are taking advantage of our mental lapses and getting timely goals. With that said I give my prediction for the game tonight.

Caps – 4
Habs – 2

Line up, shake hands and bring on the next series.

I don't buy that the system doesn't work in the playoffs. Last year, they ran into an incredibly hot goalie, this year the defense and power play (inexplicably) have failed them. Coupled with the playoff performances from Green, Semin and Flash, 3 key players all season, and you get a 3-2 series in danger of going 7.

That being said, I think they win big tonight. I'm going 5-1.

Last year, they ran into an incredibly hot goalie, this year the defense and power play (inexplicably) have failed them. .

I've been watching them for many years, and they always seem to run into a hot goalie. At some point you have to step up your game and the Caps have yet to do that. Will they run into another hot goalie this year? Maybe they would be served to get one of their own. I've never known the Caps to have a hot goalie in the playoffs.

I've been watching them for many years, and they always seem to run into a hot goalie. At some point you have to step up your game and the Caps have yet to do that. Will they run into another hot goalie this year? Maybe they would be served to get one of their own. I've never known the Caps to have a hot goalie in the playoffs.

Are you kidding? Varlamov is the only reason they haven't lost this series yet. If not for some ridiculous saves in Montreal, we'd proabably have come back to DC down 3-1 instead of up 3-1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.