• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Capitals First Round Playoff Schedule

I'm a very casual Caps fan. Since can watch Comcast Sports Network on local cable, I have gained a little knowledge about Caps. Hate they lost in first round.

A question for the diehard hockey fans. Is coaching the problem? I saw the other night where the coach (at that time) had a 13-13 record in playoffs. Not a record to inspire confidence.

I know right around time of Olympics the Caps made a bunch of trades. Do you think this hurt chemistry? The Caps were rolling along until the Olympic
break. Did this disruption play a roll?

Very depressed about the game last night. When the Habs got the early goal you could just see the team tighten up.

I can't answer your questions Riggo. There are a lot of things thins team is going to have to examine before next season. Some changes will definitely be made but I don't think it's wise to blow everything up at this point. This is a huge disappointment and a little time is going to be needed so decisions can be made with a clear head.

If the Habs go on to win the next round or take it to 7 I'll feel a little better. If the Pens sweep them out I'm going to be pissed, and we have more issues with the team than I thought. The east is shaping up to be the Pen's to lose. Man I hate the Pens....

The whole "blow everything up" mentality is a fixture in DC sports. The Caps are a team built to win for many years...they had a massive upset this year, that's for sure, but that shouldn't be a reason to blow the team up.

Unlike the Redskins and Snyderatto who thought they were a player away every year, but were really far...the Caps actually ARE a player or two away from winning it all. Re-sign Belanger and Chimera for starters (if they are FAs, I'm not sure), and sign Volchenkov. Volchy is the type of hard-nosed, stay at home defenseman this team sorely needs.

We also have to take care of Backstrom. Volchenkov would be great. I would give serious consideration to getting rid of Boudreau. I really could go either way on him.

Hey Lanky--just wanted to say I too was sorry to see the Caps lose. Next year. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.