• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Capitals First Round Playoff Schedule

Truthfully, although I love hockey, I've never allowed myself to bond with the Capitals. I have enough personal pain over one DC obsession with adding to the agony. But I wish them well.

Hence the reason I cheer for the Stars. They are the only Dallas team I like and cheer for but since I didn't get into Hockey in way, shape or form before moving here (I still don't get into it, really), I figured why not cheer for the guys in my town. Didn't hurt that several of my friends are Stars fans or that they were seriously good when I moved in.

Still wish the Caps well though. Especially since the Stars are sitting at home this post season.

Tied with 1:21 to go.

Pretty exciting stuff :)

And OT, here we come...

Well, glad to see them pull it out in OT, but if they intend to win it all they better step it up!

Epic win. That's a series-changer right there.

Huge money gut check.

Agreed! Terrible start and they managed to pull it out. Great win!

This is the kind of win that allows a team to take over a series. What an exciting game! Playoff hockey! Not sure how many of you caught the stat, but the Caps led the NHL in comebacks of 2 goals or more. I think they did it 9 times this past season (at least once, maybe twice against the Penguins). They have the firepower to come back and win.

John Carlson is a superstar - he's going to be special. His play on the Ovechkin goal is the underrated highlight of the night. Also, the hockey IQ to jump into the rush on the delayed penalty, and tie the game up was simply outstanding. And he is EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD!

Jeff Schultz and Mike Green had their worst game I've ever seen them play. Horrible! The pair was picked apart, and were responsible for at least 3 of the 5 Canadien goals. That has got to stop if the Caps hope to advance in the playoffs.

Finally, every single series that has played 2 games is tied at 1-1. The Blackhawks (2 seed in the West) are down 0-1. Playoff hockey! Crazy!

Game 3 tonight - I think tonight the Caps play a statement game, and win big. Momentum is on their side, and the Canadiens have to be a little worried after surrendering a 3-goal lead Saturday night. If you have a 3-goal lead in the playoffs, you're supposed to win the game.

Varlamov is in net tonight - which may have more to do with his road record than anything else...we may still see Jose in game 5.

Anyway, my predictions for tonight - 4 goals from the top line:
Caps 5 - Backstrom, Ovechkin x 2, Knuble, Laich
Canadiens 2 - Plekanec, Metropolit (who is returning from injury)

Well, I was close. Caps make a much needed statement and win 5-1.

Almost got the exacta Lanky!

Goaltending tonight was outstanding and what can you say about that second period? More important they kept their cool after they got the lead and didn't allow Montreal to sneak back into the game.

Goaltending tonight was outstanding and what can you say about that second period? More important they kept their cool after they got the lead and didn't allow Montreal to sneak back into the game.

Yeah, Caps showed a ton of discipline in not taking stupid penalties. Chimera especially played the role of pest to perfection, drawing several dumb penalties by the Habs, and not retaliating.

\

I agree Varly was outstanding. I'm just concerned about all the opportunities Montreal got. The defensive breakdowns are just to numerous for me. The farther we go into the PO's the more exposed we'll be if we cannot tighten this up.

\

I agree Varly was outstanding. I'm just concerned about all the opportunities Montreal got. The defensive breakdowns are just to numerous for me. The farther we go into the PO's the more exposed we'll be if we cannot tighten this up.

The fact of the matter is, you need a hot goalie to win in the playoffs. Just look at the San Jose/Colorado game the other night. Craig Anderson stopped 51 shots! And you think the CAPS have defensive breakdowns!

I will guarantee you one thing - if the Caps got off 50+ shots on anyone in these playoffs, they will win. :)

Cool stat: since the 17:45 mark of the 2nd period on Saturday, the Caps have outscored the Canadiens 10-2. :)

The fact of the matter is, you need a hot goalie to win in the playoffs. Just look at the San Jose/Colorado game the other night. Craig Anderson stopped 51 shots! And you think the CAPS have defensive breakdowns!

I will guarantee you one thing - if the Caps got off 50+ shots on anyone in these playoffs, they will win. :)

Maybe. They got off 47 in game 1 and managed to lose.

I agree that you need a hot goalie in the playoffs. After watching the Caps going back to the Rod Langway days, it always seemed that the Caps would outwork the other team, but run into a hot goalie in the playoffs and be ousted. It'd be nice to have the hot goalie for a change.

Game 4 tonight, 7:00 pm EST at the Belle Center in Montreal. Caps need to repeat their performance from Monday night, and send a clear message to the Habs about where their season is heading. Then on Friday, send 'em golfing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.