• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2020

We signed for versatility with the OL but outside of Charles (#4) none of these players profiles as a starter with athletic upside.

BurnersBurning.php.png

Burner’s Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2020​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. We hope your week is a good one. Hello to everyone on social media. We’d love to have you as a member here and become part of the family. You are our honored guests, so sit back and enjoy.

Free Agency continues post-draft and is in its final phase. This is our latest free agency update for the off-season as the 2020 season inches closer and closer.

Who will we target in free agency before the regular season arrives? Who will we re-sign? Who will we not re-sign? Who will get released? Feel free to offer your opinions and predictions.

We take the latest chatter from Redskins Park and media pundits as BBQ tries to formulate what could happen in the coming days, weeks, and months.

Upcoming Dates
- Days until the virus passes: Hopefully, very soon
- Days until the Redskins season opener (Eagles): 122
- Days until the Ravens game: 143
- Days until the Giants game: 157
- Days until the Cowboys game: 164

Free Agents Obtained
Marcus Baugh, TE (3/3/20)
Jared Norris, ILB (2/13/20)
Wes Schweitzer, OG (3/18/20)
Kendall Fuller, CB (3/18/20)
Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB (3/18/20)
Thomas Davis, OLB (3/18/20)
Sean Davis, FS (3/18/20)
J.D. McKissic, RB (3/18/20)
Logan Thomas, TE (3/19/20)
Cornelius Lucas, OT (3/19/20)
Peyton Barber, RB (3/24/20)
Richard Rodgers, TE (3/24/20)
Jeremy Vujnovich, OT (3/25/20)
Cody Latimer, WR (3/25/20)
Ronald Darby, CB (3/29/20)
David Bada, DE (4/27/20)

Draft Picks
Chase Young, DE
Antonio Gibson, RB/WR/KR
Saahdiq Charles, OT
Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR
Keith Ismael, OC/OG
Khaleke Hudson, ILB/ATH
Kamren Curl, SS/ATH
James Smith-Williams, DE

UDFAs
Isaiah Wright, WR
Steven Montez, QB
Johnathan Johnson, WR
Thad Moss, TE

Restricted Free Agents
Treyvon Hester, DE (Not Tendered – Signed With Green Bay, 5/1/20)
Jerome Cunningham, TE (Not Tendered)
Caleb Brantley, DE (Re-signed, 3/23/20)

Exclusive Rights Free Agents
Josh Woodrum, QB (Not Tendered)

Exercised Option
Adrian Peterson, RB (2/19/20)
Jonathan Allen, DE (5th Year Option, 4/27/20)

Trades
Kyle Allen, QB (Acquired, 3/23/20)
Quinton Dunbar (To Seahawks, 3/23/20 – $2.25M Cap Space Gained)
Trent Williams (To 49ers, 4/25/20 – $10.5M Cap Space Gained)

Contract Extensions

Players Waived/Released

Josh Norman, CB (Released, 2/14/20 – $12.5M Cap Space Gained)
Paul Richardson, WR (Released, 2/14/20 – $2M Cap Space Gained)
Jordan Reed, TE (Released, 2/20/20 – $8.5M Cap Space Gained)
Kenny Ladler, SS (Released, 2/14/20 – $660K Cap Space Gained)
Chris Odom, DE (Released, 2/14/20 – $660K Cap Space Gained)
Kayvon Webster, CB (Released, 3/23/20 – $910K Cap Space Gained)
Breon Borders, CB (Released, 3/23/20 – $750K Cap Space Gained)
Dee Deelaney, CB (Released, 3/23/20 – $675K Cap Space Gained)
Coty Sensabaugh, CB (Released, 3/23/20 – $1.05M Cap Space Gained)
Montae Nicholson, FS (Released, 3/23/20 – $1.98M Cap Space Gained)

Physically Unable to Perform, NFI, DNR

Injured Reserve

NFL Suspension

Simeon Thomas, CB

Pending Unrestricted Free Agents
Brandon Scherff, OG (Franchise Tag, 3/14/20 – Signed Tag, 3/31/20)
Vernon Davis, TE (Retired)
Chris Thompson, RB (Signed With Jacksonville, 5/1/20)
Case Keenum, QB (Signed With Cleveland, 3/18/20)
Ereck Flowers, OG (Signed With Miami, 3/18/20)
Colt McCoy, QB (Signed with New York Giants, 3/19/20)
Donald Penn, OT (Unknown)
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB (Very Unlikely To Return, Retire?)
Tony Bergstrom, OG (Very Unlikely To Return)
Jon Bostic, ILB (Re-signed, 3/16/20)
Aaron Colvin, CB (Re-signed, 5/14/20)
Michael Burton, FB (Signed With New Orleans, 3/23/20)
Nate Orchard, OLB (Re-signed, 3/18/20)
Wendell Smallwood, RB (Very Unlikely To Return)

Possible Release Candidates
Ryan Kerrigan, OLB/DE ($11.75M Cap Space Gained If Released)

Re-structure Contract Candidates
Alex Smith, QB
Ryan Kerrigan, OLB/DE

2020 Dead Money Contracts
Paul Richardson ($6M)
Josh Norman ($3M)
Trent Williams ($2M)
Jordan Reed ($1.8M)
Quinton Dunbar ($1M)
Samaje Perine ($165K)
Montae Nicholson ($154.7K)
Minor Contracts ($108K)

Possible Free Agent Targets
We are bringing back this feature for 2020 and BBQ has enlisted the help of several Redskins pundits as well as input from yours truly. We have three people who have contributed thus far – Ian Cummings of Riggo’s Rag, Nathan Britton of Riggo’s Rag, and Mark Tyler of Hogs Haven. Obviously, the Redskins simply can’t sign all of these players. This list is simply some players who could fill a need and possibly be available in March.

Cordy Glenn, OT, Bengals
Jason Peters, OT, Eagles

Off-Season Updates
The Redskins cap room currently stands somewhere between $34M and $38M for 2020. Releases and re-structures (if they occur) could continue to increase the cap room considerably.

The Trent Williams era is over. He was a warrior for many seasons, but became a toxic presence over the last couple of years. He has expressed a hope of being in the Redskins Ring of Fame someday. Hopefully, for both sides, that will happen.

Alex Smith wants to continue his playing career, but that is not realistic. Will he give the Redskins any cap relief? No one knows, but we’ll stay on top of it.

The injury to Reuben Foster is serious, but he is working out and running sprints. Optimism is high for a full return by training camp.

The Redskins recently picked up the fifth year option for Jonathan Allen. Look for a long term deal next offseason.

The Redskins recently declined the fifth year option on Reuben Foster. A long term deal could still happen or the team may let him become a free agent after 2020.

Bryce Love, Jordan Brailford, and Caleb Wilson are hoping to see action on the football field for the first time in their Redskins careers. Love could be in line for a lot of quality playing time. Brailford and Wilson have uphill climbs to make the final roster of fifty-three.

On the first page of this offseason thread and the second entry, we have the latest updates on coaching hires and football front office positions being filled. That entry will be updated as needed.

Look for a long term deal to be completed with Brandon Scherff before the 2020 regular season begins.

Personal Thoughts
Here are some players that must have a superb offseason if they hope to be on the roster this fall according to BBQ: CB Greg Stroman, FS/ST Troy Apke, OT Morgan Moses, TE Jeremy Sprinkle, CB Fabian Moreau, OT Geron Christian, WR Trey Quinn, and ILB Josh Harvey-Clemons.

With Ron Rivera as the coach, look for a more disciplined team and a locker room that has more accountability. It sounds like the “luxury resort” atmosphere is a thing of the past.

In Conclusion
The free agency updates will continue as new information is available.

Reactions: Om
Earlier this week, my latest article posted at Riggo's Rag and it is a re-grade of the 2010 draft. I will also be grading the drafts from 2011 to 2019 in the coming weeks. Go have a look when you get a chance.

We have entered the "dead zone" for the NFL - a period of time when there is little to no Redskins news in the summer. I hope to have a new article posted to Riggo's Rag in a day or two and it will be linked here.

Part of me likes this time of summer. It's nice to re-charge a bit. It's also a bummer because there is nothing happening. Hope the article will break some of the boredom.

Caleb Wilson should have at least a puncher’s chance to earn a spot given the competition at TE.

In fact Wilson and Thaddeus Moss should have good shots.

Logan Thomas is a 29 year old ex-quarterback and journeyman. Rodgers has never been able to stay healthy and Sprinkle is replacement level at best.

Hentges showed some promise but other than that the incumbents are uninspiring.

The tight end corps is the most unsettled position on the team. Good luck to anyone trying to predict this group.

Hard to argue that... and it is definitely something I wish more had been done. Whether the value of what was available did not match what we thought it was worth, or we fell short, is anyone's guess at this point.

That said, I think the position could exceed expectations. I don't think it's going to be a widespread threat or anything of that nature. I do however see a window with the talent we have outside, to open up some chances for our guys. I don't have a lot of confidence that Thomas makes the team. I think we grabbed him on the cheap as a backup plan in the event that the we don't get anything in the draft. I also don't think they expected Moss to not only fall, but to fall all the way out of the draft. I don't think he makes it to the PS if we try to put him there, so that could mean Wilson ends up being the odd man out. I would prefer to go young if the talent drop is not overwhelming.

Ultimately I think it ends up being:

1. Sprinkle
2. Rodgers
3. Moss

PS: Wilson

I don't see us cutting BOTH TE's we brought in this off season, and I'd prefer to see what Hentges can do... so who knows.

My latest article posted today at Riggo's Rag. Today, a re-grade of the 2012 draft. Eight pages devoted to each round and a final overall grade. The series continues soon with a look at the 2013 draft.

I wouldn't be a bit Surprised to see Sprinkle on the chopping block. He just never developed into anything many imagined.

Wouldnt surprise me at all, but hes also the most accomplished outside of maybe Rodgers. There doesnt appear to be a clear replacement yet so i could see him getting the nod.

Just to be clear, that was my prediction of what they would do, not what i want them to do.

My latest article posted a couple of days ago at Riggo's Rag. The series continues as we look at the 2013 draft. The 2014 draft analysis is nearly finished and will post in a few days.

Any legs to this, or just wishful thinking?

I gotta think at this point Guice might just be expendable, with his injuries. And is he the dual threat it looks like they want from our RB's?

But I'd hate to lose Ryan Anderson. It feels like he is just coming into his own.

Why do we want to bring in another player who is crying about his existing contract, demanding a trade, and threatening to hold out?

Sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't it?

You guys are gluttons for punishment.

Why do we want to bring in another player who is crying about his existing contract, demanding a trade, and threatening to hold out?

Sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't it?

You guys are gluttons for punishment.
Not saying I would, just suggesting if a trade were to happen, I would not want Ryan Anderson as part of it.

With that said, if we could get a top rated safety for a cheap trade...I wouldn't be opposed. If he is a problem, if you got him for the right price...dump his ass, like the Pats do, i.e., Fat Al.

I don't know how good Adams is, but one would have to consider a trade for a position of need if the price is right. Unless of course it's Jameis Winston, who would want him backing up Haskins?

Put the poll up yesterday for fun. No interest in making such a trade to be honest and it was simply a reaction to some fans thinking out loud about a trade - Anderson for Adams straight up. Not going to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.