• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2020

Here is an interesting article about him coming out.

This stood out to me. Shenault was a highly touted guy coming out... this is how they compared last season

Laviska Shenault Jr.: 45 Receptions for 621 yards, 3 touchdowns, 13.8 Y/REC, 362 YAC, 27 First Downs, 2 drops, 67.2 Reception %

Tony Brown: 51 Receptions for 656 Yards, 5 touchdowns, 12.9 Y/REC, 222 YAC, 30 First Downs, 2 drops, 79.7 Reception %

Nothing jumps off the page to me but watching his highlights he kind of just gets it done. Strong hands, can catch the contested ball, and can take a hit. I don't see him supplanting anyone and challenging for a starting job, but maybe the see something I dont. No KR / PR stats at all in college, so I don't think they brought him in for ST... could get interesting.

Apparently Charles has participated in practice (news to me) so he's not PUP eligible.... looks like he'll have to be on the 53 to be safe as I don't think he makes it to the PS squad.

I normally have a 16 game prediction slate posted here in the final days of the offseason. Well, here it is - at Riggo's Rag.

That’s fairly optimistic for you compared to some recent seasons. I just have a feeling this team is due to get some balls bouncing their way for a change and somehow manage to scratch and claw their way to .500 or better.

One man’s pessimistic is another’s realistic. There’ve been years where you were spot on and a few where you weren’t. So many variables with this team, new young starting QB, all new coaching staff, lots of off-the-field distractions, and a ton of young unproven talent. I can’t blame anyone for being nervous about predictions. And of course there is always the ‘I-word’.

The days of the 2019 ‘house divided’ team are over.

This is not a contending team in 2020 but it is all pulling in the same direction for the first time in years.

That to me gets this team to 6-10 or 7-9.

Another draft brings in OL depth and perhaps a #1cornerback.

Burner’s Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2020

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. We hope you are having a good week. Hello to everyone on social media. We’d love to have you as a member here and become part of the family. You are our honored guests, so sit back and enjoy.

Free Agency is over and now it is time for the 2020 season to begin. The pandemic created quite the pause and it wreaked havoc on the offseason. This is our last free agency update for the 2020 offseason and it has been one crazy ride.

Thanks for following along on this journey and being a huge part of this offseason blog each year. We will post the first entry of the 2021 offseason blog this winter when the 2020 season ends.

Upcoming Dates
- Days until the virus passes: Hopefully, very soon
- Days until the Regular Season Opener (Eagles): 3
- Days until the Cardinals game: 10
- Days until the Ravens game: 24
- Days until the Giants game: 38
- Days until the Cowboys game: 45

Free Agents Obtained
Marcus Baugh, TE (3/3/20)
Wes Schweitzer, OG (3/18/20)
Kendall Fuller, CB (3/18/20)
Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB (3/18/20)
Thomas Davis, OLB (3/18/20)
J.D. McKissic, RB (3/18/20)
Logan Thomas, TE (3/19/20)
Cornelius Lucas, OT (3/19/20)
Peyton Barber, RB (3/24/20)
Ronald Darby, CB (3/29/20)
Dontrelle Inman, WR (8/4/20)

Draft Picks
Chase Young, DE
Antonio Gibson, RB/WR/KR
Saahdiq Charles, OT
Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR
Keith Ismael, OC/OG
Khaleke Hudson, ILB/ATH
Kamren Curl, SS/ATH
James Smith-Williams, DE

UDFAs
Isaiah Wright, WR

Trades
Kyle Allen, QB (Acquired, 3/23/20)

Practice Squad
David Bada, DE
Jordan Brailford, DE-Edge
Tony Brown, WR
Aaron Colvin, CB
Shelton Gibson, WR
Joshua Garnett, OG - Protected
Hale Hentges, TE
Cole Luke, CB
Brett Maher, K
Steven Montez, QB
Jared Norris, OLB
Nate Orchard, DE-Edge
Donald Payne, ILB
Ross Pierschbacher, OG, C
Jeremy Reaves, CB - Protected
Cam Sims, WR - Protected
David Steinmetz, OT

Injured Reserve, NFI
Michael Liedtke, OG
Reuben Foster, ILB
Simeon Thomas, CB
Emanuel Hall, WR
Thad Moss, TE
Jordan Veasy, WR
Kelvin Harmon, WR
Ryan Bee, DE

2020 Covid Opt Out
Caleb Brantley
Josh Harvey-Clemons

OffSeason Updates
The WFT cap room currently stands somewhere between $26M and $28M for 2020. Releases and re-structures (if they occur) could continue to increase the cap room considerably.

There will be no fans for any of the games this season at FedEx Field.

Caleb Brantley and Josh Harvey-Clemons have decided to opt out of the 2020 season due to C-19. It is an interesting move and there could be a mutual agreement with the team.

The WFT recently picked up the fifth year option for Jonathan Allen. Look for a long term deal next offseason.

Look for a long term deal to be completed with Brandon Scherff next offseason.

Personal Thoughts
With Ron Rivera as the coach, look for a more disciplined team and a locker room that has more accountability. It sounds like the “luxury resort” atmosphere is a thing of the past. Case and point – Derrius Guice and Cody Latimer.

In Conclusion
The inseason blog is coming. We will have one more official entry to this blog shortly. It will be a dedication as per our yearly tradition.

Last edited:
Burner’s Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2020​

A Special Dedication​

We now close out this blog with a yearly tradition – a dedication. The 2020 season is just hours away and the offseason is history. Thanks for traveling along on this journey over the last eight and a half months. Let’s do this again next winter.

2020 has been quite a year. How does anyone make some sort of dedication with so much that has happened since January? A country and much of the world is sharply divided. Peaceful protests cause us to think and make sense of what is wrong in the world. There is anger and confusion. Monuments are being destroyed. Businesses are in financial and physical ruin. Riots are disrupting all facets of life. Citizens distrust their local and national officials. Natural catastrophes continue to wreak havoc. Cancel culture is seen by some as something that should unite us and others see it as a means to destroy our way of life. If that is not enough, a pandemic that has no end in sight is affecting everything we do.

What a mess! Who gets the blame? Who has any solutions? When does all this end? It’s just crazy! How can we make a dedication with such a year as this one? It’s not easy.

Wait a second! We have always enjoyed one thing that brings us together – sports! Football! Well, this year is an exception it seems. Fans are mad at athletes or they are supportive. Athletes are mad for various reasons. A team gives in to cancel culture and a fanbase is angry, divided, bickering, and wandering in the wilderness.

So, what do we really have at this juncture? An answer didn’t come right away, but this was seen in a recent tweet.
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

That may not be the answer, but it surely makes a lot of sense.

The bottom line is that there is no dedication this year. Instead, let us pray and hope for a better future. Instead of trying to beat one another with verbal or physical encounters, let’s recognize our differences and be respectful of each other. It has worked for the better part of human existence and there is no need to stop trying.

The offseason blog this year is asking all of us to be better. To help one another. To recognize differences and respect one another. To make a difference around you. We’re in this together and if we support and respect one another, our human bond – as fragile as it may be - will only grow stronger. We’re FAMILY.

A new football season is here after a long wait. This is the final formal entry for this blog. The new inseason BBQ blog will be posted shortly. Thanks for always making the offseason BBQ blog so successful. For better or for worse, we are in this together. Love you, my wonderful BGO family.

Burner’s Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2020 asks for the best from each of us. We can’t change the world, but we can improve our small portion of it. Let that message resonate inside and you will it see it grow.

Are you ready for some football?

Those are some awesome sentiments <3

I have always been of the belief that 95% of humans in thIs world, and the daily activities they engage in are wonderful, giving, and positive. Why we must focus, to the exclusion of all else, on the awful 5%.

I constantly hear how terrible this country and people in general are... how everything is going to shit... how we are all racist, misogynistic, awful people, and how (depending on which side of the fence you are on) if ______happens, it will be the end of all good in this world.

Its not.
They aren’t.
We aren’t.
And it won’t.

We live in the greatest, most free, most generous,and most altruistic country ever imagined. Still.

Can it be better? Can we all do better?

I have no doubt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.