• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Adrian Peterson Released

I still cannot see the downside of keeping AP 1 more season. Makes too much sense to me that his work ethic alone sets the tone for the young kids.

If anything this move definitely says that Scott’s offense is vastly different from Norv’s ground & pound style.

Well it’s not a one for one decision but it’s still a 53 man roster and by keeping Alex Smith out of sentimentality meant someone else ultimately had to go.

Keeping 3 qbs is a luxury especially when one is not likely to play.

This means 4 backs instead of 5. Or keeping that fifth safety given Troy Apke and Kamren Kurl’s inexperience.

Last edited:
You dump Barber and keep AP.

Naming McKissic the starter just blows my mind. This just smells of Trung Candidate.

Given they sent the most popular current player (AP) packing I think it’s hard to argue they kept Smith for sentimental reasons.

And let’s give McKissic a couple of games bwfore we throw him on the trash heap of history, lol.

If Smith is the #3 behind a guy in Allen that was undrafted in 2019 than it seems Smith is not being counted on to play.

If he’s being kept as an on field and locker room coach for Haskins that’s fine.

That’s the thing about a 3-13 team.

There aren’t many sacred cows.

Well it’s not a one for one decision but it’s still a 53 man roster and by keeping Alex Smith out of sentimentality meant someone else ultimately had to go.

Keeping 3 qbs is a luxury especially when one is not likely to play.

This means 4 backs instead of 5. Or keeping that fifth safety given Troy Apke and Kamren Kurl’s inexperience.

we simply could not afford to cut Smith. The cap ramifications would set the team back 2 years.

If a player goes to IR, he can't have contact with the team for the rest of the season. Covid stinks, but those are the rules.

Possibly. But I would wonder what kind of kick back you would get from the NFLPA and the Union. He's been cleared. If you wanted to add him to the IR eligible to return he would have had to make the 53 man roster anyways. If you put him on IR prior to the cut down deadline he's done for the year.. no ifs ands or buts about it.

Does naming McKissic starter really amount to much?

There's already been many indications that Washington's offense will revolve much more around 2 RB 2 WR sets, so I'd assume we'll see McKissic and Gibson in the backfield more often than we see McKissic alone.
Who really knows, tbh. I am intrigued to see how the offense plays this year.

I'm REALLY trying to temper my expectations in order to take the positives from our performance. But without any pre-season etc, I am expecting a bit of a train-wreck early on before we start to settle in.
That said, I really liked Haskins progress toward the end of last season. He was starting to find a groove, especially with McLaurin and Sims, so I'm hoping to at least see growth.

I'm a little on the fence about the AP thing. On the one hand I liked his work ethic and professionalism around the youngsters... on the flip side, playing Haskins late last year proved that there's nothing like REAL game experience to teach a young player how to play. Thus I want all the reps running through the youngsters.

In that light, I'm good with letting AP go off to find somewhere he can be a more featured back and chase that record. :)

yes, it does. You went from having AP as your starter who can break it for 90 and a TD...to "who the F is McKissic?" as your RB and no need to worry about not blitzing.

AP cost 1 million dollars for a RB that would get you 1000 yards. You won't find cheaper or a better value for that price.

Depth charts mean nothing. It’s all about who they put on the field that shows who they trust. Even if they run someone out there for the first play, it’s about who is playing the most when the game matters. Without a preseason, we don’t know what they will actually do. Even with one, there is no guarantee that’s what they would do. But the depth chart just gives people something to talk about. Nothing more, nothing less.

#Trung-gate

I think in a traditional offense getting rid of AP would be a huge mistake. It makes zero sense, none “IF” Turner was a fan of running the ball the majority of the game.

Occasional draws & plenty of play action to keep the defense honest will be this teams style imho. The wtf’s will go with keeping a D guessing with lesser talent instead of relying on a dependable workhorse like AP. It is what it is

We got rid of Davis for Trung because we didn't want a traditional running game.

Controlling the clock and getting those hard yards to close out games will never not be important.

But, I'm tired of this argument. At this point I'm kind of just over defending it.

We got rid of Davis for Trung because we didn't want a traditional running game.

Controlling the clock and getting those hard yards to close out games will never not be important.

But, I'm tired of this argument. At this point I'm kind of just over defending it.
To be fair...Spurrier was a f***ing idiot!

they lost because someone dropped a pass in the end zone.

You can't bash AP for being there less than a week and getting almost 100 yards rushing. Dude is a beast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.