• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Adrian Peterson Released

He'll get picked up and he'll produce wherever he lands in my opinion. If he's unsigned in a week, I'll be shocked.
Yeah, I'm not dropping him. He was my feel-good Redskins pick up. I'll be rooting for him wherever he lands.

He's gonna get 1000 yards this year.

An absolute stupid move on the part of a team with only a few people they can root for and depend on.

And what has his 1000 yds a year gotten us the past few seasons Mike? They have to move forward with guys who fit what they are building on offense and who are part of the future. AP is neither of those.

Coach Rivera’s comments on AP’s release.

And what has his 1000 yds a year gotten us the past few seasons Mike? They have to move forward with guys who fit what they are building on offense and who are part of the future. AP is neither of those.
How do you know anyone fits? None of them have played a down with this offense. AP had been running with the first team the entire camp.

You don't know he was neither of those. But, if he was neither of those, why was he the #1 back?

The coaches are making these decisions Mike - no coach anywhere ‘knows’ with absolute certainty whether a decision was the correct one until they know. They clearly wanted to give him reps to see if he could do what this offense required and made the call that the other backs were better suited for the current offense (not the old one).

I wouldn’t begrudge you your opinion but you called the decision an ‘absolute stupid one’.

It’s not. Even Peterson understands why they arrived at the decision.

We finally have a competent coaching staff and they aren’t concerned with player popularity, sentimentality, or whether fans will like their decisions. They are looking to build a winning team for the long haul. If you view the AP decision from that vantage point it makes perfect sense.

I know they are. But, John, not one coach said a bad word about him or even had him go second.

It is a stupid decision. We don't have anyone on the offense outside of McLaurin who's proven he can do it during a live game. So, here we go again with this game.

If Gibson or Love come out and dominate, I'll gladly eat my words. But, all I see now is that defenses can now pin their ears back and rush Haskins. Our line already sucks and now we have nothing to keep them honest

I know they are. But, John, not one coach said a bad word about him or even had him go second.

It is a stupid decision. We don't have anyone on the offense outside of McLaurin who's proven he can do it during a live game. So, here we go again with this game.

If Gibson or Love come out and dominate, I'll gladly eat my words. But, all I see now is that defenses can now pin their ears back and rush Haskins. Our line already sucks and now we have nothing to keep them honest

Teams were doing that WITH AP Mike. Was there any doubt when he was in the backfield that 90% of the time it was a rushing play coming? What you are missing is that with more versatile guys in the backfield, defenses won’t know what we are doing on that next play.

And again, having the irreplaceable AP got us what as a team since he arrived in DC? As much as I like AP, him being our #1 back did not result in us having even an above average offense.

Teams were doing that WITH AP Mike. Was there any doubt when he was in the backfield that 90% of the time it was a rushing play coming? What you are missing is that with more versatile guys in the backfield, defenses won’t know what we are doing on that next play.

And again, having the irreplaceable AP got us what as a team since he arrived in DC? As much as I like AP, him being our #1 back did not result in us having even an above average offense.
John, he busted a 90 yard run against the iggles and was easily carving 6-10 when running. He kept them honest. We just had a shitty coach who hated the run game.

With a coach who is supposed to know what he's doing, a team with nobody outside of AP and McLaurin who can take it to the house at any moment, and a leader with experience who doesn't cost much...it makes more sense to keep him than dump him.

Well, even a in his prime Peterson wouldn’t have made this team respectable the past couple of years. It’s a 53 man game as Belichick and guys like Reid have proven over and over again.

This team was 3-13 and is REBUILDING,
and that means favoring younger players who show promise to be here 2 years from now when the overall team has risen to greater competitive heights.

No one dislikes AP and Gruden was a jerk playing his BS games with players playing time.

Rivera is objective, he saw more out of Gibson, McKissac in the offseason than he expected and so the dynamics changed.

The point is Mike - it’s about offensive chemistry and growth. A great RB can’t make you a consistent winner on his own. A dynamic, unpredictable offense can. That’s what they are trying to build. No one, not Rivera or anyone else, fails to appreciate Peterson’s talent.

We’re not going to agree, so I’ll bow out at this point.

Sure it is, John. That's why AP was running with the first team all camp, why everyone said he was a great leader and learned so much from him.

AP gave us some of the only chances to win last year and didn't cost us any games. He is also cheap, hungry, and wanting to get the record. Made zero sense to cut him over someone like Barber

AP to the Lions. Seems like an odd choice but hope it works out for him.

Last edited:
Looking to get back at the Vikes... ?

He's super broke. He can't afford to go without a paycheck

I would have thought he would be looking for a real contending team. He didn't wait long, that's the part that surprises me. But yeah, maybe having an immediate guaranteed paycheck was the priority.

This is a rebuilding year. The plan is to give the young RBs game reps. If they thought they could contend this season and he'd make a difference they'd have kept him. They knew they'll be losing a lot with or without him, so better to get the young players up to speed. Plus, they want a primary back that can catch passes out of the backfield which was never Peterson's strong suit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.