Adrian Peterson Released

One of many experimental iterations ...

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

Wonder if down in TB they're saying "oh thanks...you couldn't have done this yesterday?"

Won't be surprised if they make a play for AP anyway. That team is all in for a SB run this year.

SilentThreat

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Wonder if down in TB they're saying "oh thanks...you couldn't have done this yesterday?"

Won't be surprised if they make a play for AP anyway. That team is all in for a SB run this year.

Same thing crossed my mind... New England and Green Bay are 2 other places.

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

Yeah, AP. We were all sucker punched by this stupid move.

SilentThreat

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

I have to think part of this is that they did not want to expose Love / Gibson / McKissic to waivers. Barber is beyond me but they must really like what they're seeing.

DixieFlatline

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

William and Mary

Got up and saw Google had a Washington article for me and I thought...oh no, what has Dan done now. Didn't expect this at all. I can certainly see the logic in it. Hope it works out well for us and AP. As always, he handles it in a classy manner. So glad we got to see him run in B&G for a few years.

Kel Varnsen

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

High Point

He was surprised by the cut, so it wasn't his idea.
I was just trying to look for a bright side from his standpoint. I see the posts now about his response. Classy as always and what you would expect from a Hall of Famer.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Yeah - that may be the biggest thing we are all missing. This offense is going to be radically different. The fact that they don't think AP is ideally suited for it is a major statement.

SilentThreat

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

I think this signals that we are going to be a flat out speed style offense. KC, Philly, Seattle, New Orleans. A lot of pre-snap motion. A lot of movement and counters to set up mismatches.

If I had to guess we end the year in the top half of the league in YAC, and the bottom half of the league in Pass air yards.

blueskin

The Cheerleader
Reaction score

This really sucks. AP was one of the few current players I rooted for the last few seasons. I understand the move from a football standpoint, however. Too bad about Guice (but I don't dispute he needed to go). I think the backfield however will be okay after they gell, as they are young. AP was not as much of a liability in the passing game as people say, I think, but he was for most intents a 1-dimensional player.

AP, will be missed though as he was more than just a running back. Maybe he'll be back later in the season?

HTTR

SkinsOrlando

Searching for the 6 fingered man
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Kent State

One of the few bright spots the last 2 years, I get the idea of youth and the multi-purpose back but we have zero proof any of these guys left are that, they thought AP was done after NO, and he came in and still rushed for a 1000 yards, eh, this doesn't sit well with me, if it's true he was getting all #1 reps up until this week then I'm even more confused on this decision.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

One of the few bright spots the last 2 years, I get the idea of youth and the multi-purpose back but we have zero proof any of these guys left are that, they thought AP was done after NO, and he came in and still rushed for a 1000 yards, eh, this doesn't sit well with me, if it's true he was getting all #1 reps up until this week then I'm even more confused on this decision.
AP stated that he could do whatever the offense asked of him. I don't think his career strongly supports that assertion. He's always been a pound it breakaway north-south runner, not a versatile pass-catching RB. That's not a knock on him - it's just the truth. I think they likely wanted to give him every chance to show he could adjust and he just wasn't able to do it at the level of some of the other RBs. I don't think it's any more complicated than that.

Special K

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Towson

Well that sucks, I just drafted him to my bench in FF. Sad to see him go because from what I've read, he was a great morale asset to the team. However, I do continue to agree with management approach of moving toward the future. Sucks to see him go, but I understand and am glad we have people in management who are making the difficult decisions and not holding onto guys for too long.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

He'll get picked up and he'll produce wherever he lands in my opinion. If he's unsigned in a week, I'll be shocked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0