• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2023 Offensive Coordinator Thread

Who’s your OC pick?

• Eric Bienemy

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Greg Roman

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Pat Shurmur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ken Zampese

• Other (specify in comments)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivera and Reid have talked?

I am sure Reid can't be happy to lose his OC for the same job he had with you.
I HonestlyI don’t think Reid cares one way or another. He’s the Brains and the Braun behind every offense he’s been a part of . He won’t skip a beat without EB imo

I hate to be a cold bath on a somewhat exciting development but man this feels like Dan Snyder trying to re-envigorate the fanbase.. i know that's the cynic in me, but the heat on him has cooled, and there are reports that the sale is not rolling with the momentum we may have hoped... i really hope this isn't a desperate play by a desparate man to deflect the fanbase into hope again.

For the record I think Snyder has passed the point of no return regarding the sale... i don't think he can afford to keep the franchise, but my terrible gut wonders if this is a ploy to buy more time.
I have the same feeling. I don’t think this changes the sale, but I do feel like this is a “let’s hire the big name to excite fans” kind of move.

I HonestlyI don’t think Reid cares one way or another. He’s the Brains and the Braun behind every offense he’s been a part of . He won’t skip a beat without EB imo

Speculation is that Reid will promote Matt Nagy from QB coach to OC. I believe that Nagy was the KC OC under Reid before Bieniemy, who left to be the Bears HC.

I have the same feeling. I don’t think this changes the sale, but I do feel like this is a “let’s hire the big name to excite fans” kind of move.
I just had sudden flashback to the Cerrato days. It does almost reek of that

Found this article this morning. Finlay may have tweeted it. Analyzed a lot of the coaching tree from Andy Reid to try and give an idea of what you might get with Bieniemy. It's a lot to go through, but near the end when they talk about what the offense may look like, two things stood out to me.

1. Utilizing the strengths of the current players.
2. Seeing more passing on the early downs.

1676656663337.png

There is a bit of a Cerrato flavor to getting Bienemy, but then again, since there is no salary cap on coaching or scouting, I remember Gibbs or someone like him saying that the goal was to field the strongest staff you could. I always felt that Romni's staff was lazily constructed. Not just because it was all Carolina people, but because there was no up and comer who could shake things up and be the fresh voice. Say what you want about Shanny and Gruden when they were here, but they stocked the staff with exciting pups.

No way I'll be the first to post when it does happen, so whoever gets there first has my expressed authorization to name the new thread thusly:

We have met Bienemy and he is ours.

Apologies if this was already posted--just saw it.

It’s official

Slap in the face to Jack Del Rio

Slap in the face to Jack Del Rio
Wasn't sure what you were referring to . I actually had to reread that . Slap in the face is right ,wow! I'm sure Ron shared this with JDR prior to title being given.

Maybe. But these titles are paper. I don’t think they really matter.

Oh come on brother - guys been a head coach for multiple franchises. I get Rivera is desperate but I think that’s a bush league move and if Bienemy required that to accept it’s also a red flag. Just my opinion.

Oh come on brother - guys been a head coach for multiple franchises. I get Rivera is desperate but I think that’s a bush league move and if Bienemy required that to accept it’s also a red flag. Just my opinion.

You may be right, but the way I see it is that assistant head coach flag almost always goes to the opposite side.

In reality, Rivera gave JDR assistant head coach cred when Jack took the reins during the cancer treatment. If Jack still had HC aspirations that would work in his favor.

Maybe JDR flips out over this. I just don’t get hung up on titles especially when that particular one comes with no additional authority and seems to be handed out like candy in the modern NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.