• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2023 Offensive Coordinator Thread

Who’s your OC pick?

• Eric Bienemy

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Greg Roman

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Pat Shurmur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ken Zampese

• Other (specify in comments)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this is a good step. We have an OC with a high ceiling. Now, we need to fix the o line and make sure he has a good supporting staff because even the most innovative coach will look impotent if the line is porous.

I just gotta say it. You're going to ANDY REID for advice on how to make Washington better? Because, you know, Andy is ALL about making Washington better...

Thinking about this hire, Bienemy has something that Shanny, Gibbs, Schottenheimer, and Rivera probably didn’t.

Each of them were big names who had made it. Bienemy is, too. What may separate them may be hunger. Bienemy unlike all those other big name coaches is the only one to have a right to a chip on his shoulder. He isn’t trying to do it again or cement his legacy. He wants to prove 15 owners wrong.

From Rivera, we saw competency but never hunger. I expect Bienemy to be hungry.

That sounds right - except that he hasn't 'made it' - far from it. His own HC has refused to trust him enough to call plays. And he's failed a gazillion times to convince anyone in this league he's a head coach. That's why he's likely hungry.

That sounds right - except that he hasn't 'made it' - far from it. His own HC has refused to trust him enough to call plays. And he's failed a gazillion times to convince anyone in this league he's a head coach. That's why he's likely hungry.

I think you're right that his own HC has refused to trust him... but i don't think that's necessarily all on him. Reid my just refuse to relinquish that responsibility (and why should he... he's got the hardware to prove his process works).

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't think any of us know that Reid didn't hand it over simply because Bieniemy wasn't good enough... possible...but hard t know.

All the reason for more hunger.

And yes, I meant from an outsider perspective this might be a lateral move and Bienemy has reached the peak. In his heart, I think he doesn’t feel that way. The only reason to leave KC is because he wants more.

Whether Bienemy is right or the NFL was we may just find out.

I agree with both of you guys. And I'm not 'down' on Bienemy - just reserving judgment. I think the hype train is out of control. We need to see who the guy is and what he can really do out from under the shadow of Andy Reid and without a Pat Mahomes under center.

I agree with both of you guys. And I'm not 'down' on Bienemy - just reserving judgment. I think the hype train is out of control. We need to see who the guy is and what he can really do out from under the shadow of Andy Reid and without a Pat Mahomes under center.

like I said, you're not wrong

I could probably run an offense with 2023 Pat Mahomes to the playoffs and I'm just a fat nobody sitting at home behind a keyboard... the guy may be the best player in the league.

Here's how I'd put it. We know as much about how well you could run an offense with Mahomes under center as we know how well Eric Bienemy could. Because he wasn't running the offense :)

Should we start a new Bienemy thread?

Let’s see Donovan Mc… No
Alex Sm… No

Give me a moment. I might find one.
Well,this might be different because:
1: I think Reid likes Bieniemy. You don't survive on a staff that long if you're incompetent/hated.
2: Ron's a former member of Reid's staff and they're friends
3: Previously,He dealt with Snyder and Cerrato,high end dumbasses, in his division, so why would he want to help them?
4:Alex Smith...dealt with Bruce Allen. I chalk that up more to ineptitude on the Redskins side..especially since it was Bruce and Snyder.

So maybe Reid's doing a friend a solid.
Maybe this is the last flicker of hope,deep down inside my football soul talking.
Maybe it's the hang over effect from the alcohol last night talking?
Maybe it's a combination of both? lol

Well Rivera could have hired someone with an equivalent resume to this guy for the position:

2011- Carolina Panthers Offensive Quality Control Coach
2013- Cleveland Browns WR Coach (working under Norv Turner)
2014- Minnesota Vikings QB Coach (working under Norv Turner)
2017- Michigan Wolverines Offensive Analyst
2018- Carolina Panthers QB Coach

Well,this might be different because:
1: I think Reid likes Bieniemy. You don't survive on a staff that long if you're incompetent/hated.
2: Ron's a former member of Reid's staff and they're friends
3: Previously,He dealt with Snyder and Cerrato,high end dumbasses, in his division, so why would he want to help them?
4:Alex Smith...dealt with Bruce Allen. I chalk that up more to ineptitude on the Redskins side..especially since it was Bruce and Snyder.

So maybe Reid's doing a friend a solid.
Maybe this is the last flicker of hope,deep down inside my football soul talking.
Maybe it's the hang over effect from the alcohol last night talking?
Maybe it's a combination of both? lol

DP bringing the positivity. I love it :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.