• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2023 NFL Draft Thread

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Lets talk 2023 NFL Draft!!!!

1674926909931.png

NFLPA Collegiate Bowl - January 28th - NFL Network - 6:00 PM ET

East-West Shrine Bowl - Thursday, February 2nd - NFL Network - 8:30 PM ET

BGO Shrine Bowl Thread

Reese's Senior Bowl - Saturday, February 4th - NFL Network - 1:30 PM ET

BGO Senior Bowl Thread

NFL Combine:

Sunday February 26th - Monday March 6th

~~Combine Full Schedule HERE~~

NFL Draft:

Round 1 - Thursday April 27th - 8PM ET
Round 2 - 3 - Friday April 28th - 7PM ET
Round 4 - 7 - Saturday April 29th - 12PM ET

Jayden Reed is traveling up my big board quick... unfortunately I think he's getting a lot of attention. I was hoping we could steal him in the 4th round but i dont know that he falls that far.

He reminds me A LOT of our other WRs but he's a legit returner. He could be a very viable successor to Samuel while being a weapon on special teams.

O line is a big need. I’m always a BPA guy, but it needs to be the best player at a position of need. O Line fits that. I really hope they can find a starter early and maybe even one late.

Between free agency and the draft I will be unhappy if they don’t add a C, G, & T.

Between free agency and the draft I will be unhappy if they don’t add a C, G, & T.

I've heard multiple local beat guys saying they believe Cosmi moves in to guard. It may just be a 'popular' opinion, or they may have some sort of back up. I also wonder about Chris Paul. Everything i read / saw was that he performed really well in that game vs Dallas. Now like Howell, is that just a flash in the pan, or is the a sign of things to come. Roullier could find himself a cap casualty because of injuries the last 3 years. Cutting him would save $4M+ against the cap. I like him, but to see a $12M salary consistently sit on the training table hurts. The O-line needs to get a shot of youth.

That all being said.. Drafting an OT in the first, and a C/G like Schmitz on day 2, and very quickly the line gets young. Going into a season with Howell at QB where we all believe we're going to be taking some lumps because of the very likely HC replacement after the upcoming season, this is when you'd like to see guys be developed and groomed. The only major hurdle with that is it's likely Rivera is not concerned about the long term future of the team as he's coaching for his job (if he even really wants to keep it). I keep hearing people say "Rivera is gonna go all in to save his job" when i reality.. we dont know that. I wonder if he is ready to move on already. Given the health concerns as well as lack of success... i don't think we should be assuming Rivera is desperate to remain the HC here.

I know that's kind of a side conversation, but that mentality is going to have a HUGE impact on the moves the team makes in the offseason.

Some more snippets about some guys to keep an eye on.

I'm seeing Musgrave rated around the 3rd round but I don't think he falls that far... he would also be a luxury pick IMHO at this point that high.

That said.. man i'd love to see that dude in our uniform

I want that top-rated center (and yeah, I'd use our 1st rounder to get him). We need to get that 2nd rounder we traded for Wentz back.

Actually we did - but it was a swap of 2nds and a 3rd. Think they may have thrown in a 7th rounder?

Actually we did - but it was a swap of 2nds and a 3rd. Think they may have thrown in a 7th rounder?

yeah, you're right, but we have a 2nd rounder... we're just lacking a 3rd (though we got a compensatory for Scherff)

The swap of 2nd rounders was last year. They dropped from 42 to 47. The only outstanding compensation is the 3rd rounder this year. Here is a breakdown from SI during last season.

“The trade sent Wentz, a 2022 second-round pick (defensive tackle Phidarian Mathis), and a 2022 seventh-round pick (cornerback Christian Holmes) to Washington for a 2022 second-round pick (which would turn into wide receiver Alec Pierce), a 2022 third-round pick (tight end Jelani Woods) and the final piece, a 2023 conditional third-round pick.”

Source:

The swap of 2nd rounders was last year. They dropped from 42 to 47. The only outstanding compensation is the 3rd rounder this year. Here

yeah, you're right, but we have a 2nd rounder... we're just lacking a 3rd (though we got a compensatory for Scherff)

Yep and I appreciate you correcting me on that :cheers:

Both my drafts were highest rated position of need only. I suspect that’s the way most are going so probably skewing it. I haven’t done enough research to do a decent BPA mock.

Here is another 'draft expert' slotting us with an OT at 16..

I wanna say Kiper or McShay had us taking Broderick Jones out of Georgia....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.