• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2023 NFL Draft Thread

That’s really high for Kuntz. He’s a physical beast but hasn’t got a resume that warrants taking him that high imho. We take him in the 5th - maybe…

I thought it was also odd Kiper jumped off the Porter wagon and then in round 2 has us taking a guy whose known for going for the big play bit often missing. Yeah Kuntz seems to be the new TE flavor of the draft this month.

If the team drafts a corner to start, as I think they might, that would put Fuller into the slot? It was a debacle the last time that happened.

I think 🤔 m leaning o line ahead of corner, but I believe in a weighted BPA approach so if it’s a corner or guard or linebacker I’m good. I think the only positions that would upset me would be DT, P, or K.

We don't know how the board will shake out and the opportunity to take a Jonathan Allen unexpectedly when he was projected to be top 5-6 might very well be there if the flow of the early draft exhibits a fever for quarterbacks deserving or not or wide receivers.

Overall, though, outside of the unexpected I would be happy with cornerback, offensive tackle (left tackle), tight end in the first 3 rounds.

I would also consider moving up if a player starts to fall at one of those three positions.

Signing Andrew Wylie at RT to me means the club has decided Sam Cosmi can move inside and play guard so I am not sure the team will look to take a guard until the middle rounds (3, 4 or 5).

Are any of the TE game changing type guys? Using a middle round pick on a TE is perfectly fine. Cooley was a 3rd rounder if my memory is correct. You can certainly find those guys in the mid to later rounds. I just didn’t know if there are any guys that will come in and improve what they have right now. I know that next year, there will most likely be that guy with Brock Bowers. It’s early, but sill go ahead and put it out there that no matter where the team picks next year, I want him to be their pick. But we will get to that next year. I just didn’t know what types of TE are there this year and if there are any to aggressively go after.

The draft simulators are a mess this morning. LOL

All of them have been updated with the results of the first round but still having Levis, Porter, and Branch on the board has them all totally confused. I've lost track of the number of times I've watched a simulator give Levis to the Steelers with the first pick in the second.

What was it? Was it a good one?

1682695122758.png

Wow. That is awful. This is the type of incompetence the new owner needs to clean out. How does the head of media fall for a parody account for the team? It takes 2 seconds to realize this is a parody. But also, she should be in tune with the teams real account. I would think that’s under her department. I can’t wait for all of these people to be gone.

I’m sorry, but that’s just hilarious…

One odd thing about Washington in recent years is that they're few surprises. I don't mean the player. For example, We all knew they wanted a linebacker a few years ago. Last year, everyone knew they were going wide receiver in the first. This year, every mock draft had us picking a corner though a few went o line. We may get surprised by the specific player, but we seem to always know the position. I don't know if it's good that they come up with a plan and stick to it or if it shows an inflexibility that leads to iffy results.

One odd thing about Washington in recent years is that they're few surprises. I don't mean the player. For example, We all knew they wanted a linebacker a few years ago. Last year, everyone knew they were going wide receiver in the first. This year, every mock draft had us picking a corner though a few went o line. We may get surprised by the specific player, but we seem to always know the position. I don't know if it's good that they come up with a plan and stick to it or if it shows an inflexibility that leads to iffy results.

That’s a really interesting point and question…

One odd thing about Washington's offense in recent years is that they're few surprises. I don't mean the player play. For example, We all knew they wanted a linebacker a few years ago to run the ball on first down. Last year On Second Down, everyone knew they were going wide receiver in the first to run again. This year, On Third down every mock draft had us picking a corner though a few went o line defense knew we would go empty backfield. We may get surprised by the specific player play, but we seem to always know the position play type. I don't know if it's good that they come up with a plan and stick to it or if it shows an inflexibility that leads to iffy results.

That’s a really interesting point and question…
I think it points to a "need" vs. BPA philosophy which is probably typical when everything goes through the coach who is not concerned with the long term, but winning the upcoming season or game.

Edit: and that is not only funny, but painfully true SilentThreat

Honestly, I feel like most teams follow a philosophy that combines BPA with need. I watched it on display last night.

Carolina at #1 took Young. Anderson has been the #1 player on every single ranking I have looked at this season but Young represented BPA at Carolina's position of biggest need.
Houston at #2 took Stroud. Again, Anderson was available and considered the overall BPA.
Houston at #3 now takes Anderson, who has been BPA for 3 picks but having resolved their largest need, that of QB, they have the luxury of taking Anderson.

Very few picks last night struck me as true BPA picks without any regard for need. Robinson was probably the best example because I think you could argue that ATL has a number of needs greater than RB but they took the consensus BPA at the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.