• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2022 Roster Updates

I see what you did there. :cool:

Better than nothing. But just barely.

Did they not realize coming into 2022 that he wasn’t a good fit and that is was a bad signing? Why not trade him in the off-season?! Instead, we continue ie to throw him out there until there’s literally no value left - then ‘trade’ him.

I have a feeling this will be an underwhelming return, but the true value of the trade is shedding the dead cap money instead of outright cutting him

Getting out from under his contract is a win by itself. Anything else is just gravy.

Did they not realize coming into 2022 that he wasn’t a good fit and that is was a bad signing? Why not trade him in the off-season?! Instead, we continue ie to throw him out there until there’s literally no value left - then ‘trade’ him.

Always slow to recognize and late to react.

I get that you can’t always hit a home run but he was our biggest acquisition that off-season and we absolutely blew it completely. Megabucks for a guy who can’t play his position in this scheme.

I get that you can’t always hit a home run but he was our biggest acquisition that off-season and we absolutely blew it completely. Megabucks for a guy who can’t play his position in this scheme.
Ron telling JP Finlay today that Jackson is a man corner and didn't fit the zone.

Hell,everyone on this board knew he was a man corner,how in the hell didn't they know??!!

It's probably their worst acquisition to this point, and that includes Wentz. At least that swing and, what appears to be, miss can be written off at taking a shot at QB. This was a major mistake from day 1. The trade today was all they could afford to do, and i actually give them credit for getting his dead money off the books... but it shouldn't have been there to begin with.

Scott Turner has blocked the BGO pod on all of Ron’s devices. 😎

It's probably their worst acquisition to this point, and that includes Wentz. At least that swing and, what appears to be, miss can be written off at taking a shot at QB. This was a major mistake from day 1. The trade today was all they could afford to do, and i actually give them credit for getting his dead money off the books... but it shouldn't have been there to begin with.

What's incredible is, you have two coaches at the top of the org who are defensive experts, both of whom are former NFL players - and we still blew it.

What's incredible is, you have two coaches at the top of the org who are defensive experts, both of whom are former NFL players - and we still blew it.
Being good at playing doesn't mean having an eye for talent and scouting others.

Elway's chases for a QB is just an obvious example.

Whereas, Chris Simms is pretty good at seeing potential and ability in other QBs.

There’s a bit in the Washington Post article where Rivera admits they were acquiring a player in Jackson whose skill set didn’t match their scheme. They know he was a man guy and not a zone or match up player. If so, signing him to a big contract was a mistake.

Don’t invest heavily and then try to reinvent the player hoping he’ll excel that’s for the prove it contracts.

There’s a bit in the Washington Post article where Rivera admits they were acquiring a player in Jackson whose skill set didn’t match their scheme. They know he was a man guy and not a zone or match up player. If so, signing him to a big contract was a mistake.

Don’t invest heavily and then try to reinvent the player hoping he’ll excel that’s for the prove it contracts.

I did hear on the radio yesterday (I think it was Danny Roullier on 106.7 The Fan) that Washington runs more man coverage than any other team, and it's only 30% of the time. That NO team is a man 'based' team that runs it with any real level of regularity.

Now my eyeballs don't know if that's true, but I havent been able to find the snap counts to figure out yes or no.

If that's the case, then that's an even bigger incitment of how he was used here. Its even more confusing.

Should have just adjusted the scheme.

Morons.

Should have just adjusted the scheme.

Morons.

apparently they did. I can't believe it because I didnt see it, but i guess if it's true?

The bigger problem is paying a man to man CB like a shut down corner, when the whole league is going away from his skill set.

Ron IS NOT a personnel guy. We knew that all along and he was supposed to use Mayhew and Hurney to help identify and acquire talent for the club. The trouble is either Ron is not listening to his personnel guys and making his own decisions OR his compatriots in the front office including the 67 year old Hurney are simply not up to the job.

In either case, this is an embarrassment.

So, our biggest acquisitions including Curtis Samuel, William Jackson III and Carson Wentz together have contributed very little to this team overall,

Samuel makes some plays on offense but is hardly a front line consistent performer.

Wentz is not decidedly better than Taylor in terms of bottom line wins and losses, in fact it appears he has very little charisma and leadership ability to get his teammates to give full effort and then some.

Again, if you take out the first year in Carolina when the team was really bad and the 15-1 season in 2015 when it was surprisingly excellent, the book on Ron is his teams average 7 wins a year.

In a 16 game schedule that's a .435% win rate.

Mediocre. And that's what this team is and always will be under Ron.

And because of the ownership issues its likely that Ron and his favorite son, Carson Wentz, will be back in 2023 trying to convince you things will be different. And that's Carson Wentz at $28M - top 10 qb salary in the NFL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.