• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 offseason camps - Rookie/OTAs - scroll back pages / tweets coming fast

Fitzpatrick's history is that he gets really hot where he can play out of his mind and be super productive and then can cool off and have games where he throws balls that are head scratchers. Last year in Miami he was playing very well and really didn't deserve to be benched when he was with Miami in position for a playoff berth. Does a player become more consistent at age 37 or 38?

A similar question to the one in 2018 when we traded for Alex Smith. In 2017 Smith was one of the top rated quarterbacks in the league and going contrary to his prior history put up very good numbers in yards per pass attempt, completions over 30 yards, etc. But was that really him or him being supported by an uber talented offense in KC?

At least with Fitzpatrick you couldn't say that the Dolphins talent on offense came anywhere near what Smith had in KC and Fitzpatrick did make many plays on his own improvisational ability.

In that regard I think we know better what we are getting in 2021.

One has to think that Rivera with a talented defense is not going to have Fitzpatrick throwing the ball 35 times each week, and will be looking to limited turnovers on offense, etc.

Reactions: Om
Rivera might not have him throwing that much but Scott Turner occasionally will. I think we saw the future of the offense in the Tampa playoff game where we were pass heavy with enough RB action to keep them off kilter. No way we are going to run a final and dunk or ‘conservative’ offense with Fitzpatrick (or Heinicke) under center.

Alex Smith was a career dink and dunker and that one season was a total outlier. The only thing that made him reasonably effective over his career was that he rarely made drive-killing mistakes. That’s one of the things that convinced me he was done last season, he started making them. And in light of all of his other limitations, that was a recipe for losing.

I feel like we got short-changed on TH4’s lone start. We had no real run threat what with Gibson trying to play on one wheel. The Bucs never did have to commit extra bodies to stop the run…which makes what Heinicke did all the more surprising.

My guess is Turner will really try to keep teams guessing on run/pass, but also won’t force the balance issue when one or the other gets hot.

Maybe we’ll get lucky for once and not be among the most injured teams in football long enough to actually see what we’ve got …

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.