• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 offseason camps - Rookie/OTAs - scroll back pages / tweets coming fast

Heinieke on the throw, Gandy-Golden on the catch, Apke on the tackle

Don't like him showing off a little bit but I like that he's got that dog in him..

Norval needs to be banished from EVER being ANYWHERE near the team!

Norval needs to be banished from EVER being ANYWHERE near the team!

What would be crazy is just the burying of the hatchet between he and Snyder. A lot of bad blood there and Norv himself has had less than flattering things to say about the organization as well. I remember at one point he said Darrell Green shouldn’t be in the Hall of Fame because he couldn’t cover Irvin. (I looked for the story online and couldn’t find it. But I did find one where Green ripped Turner a few years ago). Anyway, unless my memory is fuzzy, the break up between Norv and the Redskins was very messy. So if he came back in any role, it would be very shocking.

What would be crazy is just the burying of the hatchet between he and Snyder. A lot of bad blood there and Norv himself has had less than flattering things to say about the organization as well. I remember at one point he said Darrell Green shouldn’t be in the Hall of Fame because he couldn’t cover Irvin. (I looked for the story online and couldn’t find it. But I did find one where Green ripped Turner a few years ago). Anyway, unless my memory is fuzzy, the break up between Norv and the Redskins was very messy. So if he came back in any role, it would be very shocking.

I think him feeling welcome to be on the sidelines is a pretty clear signal whatever bad blood there was, it's in the past. Turner has always been a very talented OC, just wasn't a very good HC. He had 5 middling non-playoff seasons before that 10-6 season in 1999 where we *almost* got past Tampa Bay on the road in the 2nd round. Then gets fired in with a 7-6 record after a 2 point loss to the Giants the next year. I think Snyder had seen enough and most fans had too.

I suspect any 'bad blood' between Turner and Snyder had a lot less to do with getting fired than it did not letting Turner finish out the year and try to close on a high note. Instead the Terry Robiskie-lead Skins got thumped on the road by Dallas and Pittsburgh before finally beating Arizona to close out the season.
And you just know Snyder was a total prick during that 'transition'. I'm not a fan of firing a coach in-season, especially when 6 other NFC teams ended up with 9 or more wins and we were all but statistically out of the wildcard hunt when he got the boot. Even if you think there's still a chance for the Skins to squeak in that year, no logical owner figures the best odds are to fire the HC and ask someone else to sub for the last 3 games. That's a move you make to humiliate/punish a coach.

I don't have any problem with Norv Turner. He was a mediocre head coach who won close to half the games he head coached in. Been a lot of NFL coaches who have done worse, and he was very good as an OC. The fact that he's actually welcome to come hang out at the Park is a positive sign - not that Daniel effing Snyder likely had anything to do with it.

Just out of curiousity, I compared the 7 years AFTER Norv to the 7 years OF Norv. We won exactly 1 more game during the 7 years after Norv than we did with him (and that included 4 seasons with Gibbs as the HC). The 1 game difference was due to a win after Turner's firing :) We did have 1 more playoff appearance under Gibbs, but other than that, literally almost the exact same results. Funny how perceptions sometimes don't reflect reality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.