• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Draft Thread - Officially pick 19th - 1st post updated with picks

"only 11 games in 3 seasons"

Please tell me that Kiper hasn't lost it SO much he thinks that kid goes in the 1st round!

"only 11 games in 3 seasons"

Please tell me that Kiper hasn't lost it SO much he thinks that kid goes in the 1st round!

2nd.

I don't think he's worth a 2nd either... I like him in the 3rd if Mond is gone as a developmental type.

It is really weird to me seeing every analyst saying we go QB.

I like Allen, Hieneke, and Fitz enough to play with them. I don't know if they are world beaters, but they aren't bums either. They are better than most of the QBs they are predicting us taking, too.

It is really weird to me seeing every analyst saying we go QB.

I like Allen, Hieneke, and Fitz enough to play with them. I don't know if they are world beaters, but they aren't bums either. They are better than most of the QBs they are predicting us taking, too.

I think it's less to do with what's here now and more trying to figure out who's gonna be the qb in 2 - 3 years from not.. Best case scenario Fitz is a bridge guy for 2 years and we remain competitive. Heinicke seems young but he's 28. I think we need to keep swinging at a long term option while we're not pressed on relying on a secondary option to be the QB at week 1. Taking Mills or Mond in the 2nd/3rd round would be with the notion that they're developed for the long term but your'e not investing so much that you set the franchise back. If they hit, awesome... if not... it cost a single draft pick while you retain the majority of your picks to keep building.

meh...I am not 100% on the "you draft and mold your future QB" because I have seen it go too many times where that isn't the case just as much as it is.

I get what you are saying, and conventional wisdom says that is the way to go. I just don't agree with it necessarily; especially if you have bigger needs.

i agree, which is why I don't know that i use that 2nd rounder on Mills. I think we can add a starter THIS year in the 2nd. 3rd round is a much better risk vs reward for me....

If it's me, until the day I unequivocally have my franchise quarterback on board and under contract, I draft one every single year until I do. Early rounds if there's a guy there I think enough of to roll the dice, mid- or late rounds if not. I never stop looking for that hit. It's just too important in today's NFL.

We'll know it when we see it again someday.

Hopefully while I'm still young enough to jump up off the couch and pump fists without falling over into the nachos or having a coronary.

I think the point all of us has to keep in mind when it comes to QBs is that folks always THINK they know which guys teams will hit on in the draft and which ones will bust. And over and over and over again - they are proven wrong.

We don’t know for certain which of these guys are future NFL QBs. Period.

Reactions: Om
Pretty cool pic of the overall draft order...as of now. Tried posting just the image but said it didn’t have an allowed extension. IDK, you guys know I’m retarded with computering.

Oh and Casserly thinks we’re going after Lance fwiw

You can tell we are getting close to the draft. In the last two days, I saw articles about the Falcons, Panthers, Broncos, Cowboys, and Eagles all potentially moving in the draft. There are probably more speculative articles out there as well. It will be interesting to see which teams actually do move and how it could affect the Team if they stay at 19.

The Cowboys moving up in Round 1 for a qb would be head-scratching move.

I still don't understand why the Falcons are not looking to trade Matt Ryan and take a quarterback at #4 and then have a bevy of picks to rebuild with from the deal.

After seeing a LOT of NFL people criticize Washington (Snyder) for reaching for Dwayne Haskins who had 13 starts in college, you see some of the same folks now thinking Mills is a late first or early second round pick having played fewer games.

College experience is important IMO, but to the greatest degree if you are looking at taking a player high (Rounds 1 or 2) where there will be some pressure to get that player on the field quickly if things go sour with the current starter, etc.

If you can legitimately keep a player on the bench for 2-3 years behind an established starter at relatively low cost and teach him an NFL offense then that's fine.

You have to look at every prospect individually. Haskins didn't fail because of a shorter resume. He failed because he's not a leader and has priorities more important than studying to be the best QB he can be. I don't know if Mills is a boom or a bust QB. But I don't think Dwayne Haskins has anything to do with it. Kellen Mond has started more games than any other prospect... that may give scouts more reassurance that they know what they are getting, but it in no way guarantees anything. I agree with you on your 2nd point. But I don't think any QB drafted by Washington is going to be an immediate starter, whether they draft him in the first 2 rounds or not.

You have to look at every prospect individually. Haskins didn't fail because of a shorter resume. He failed because he's not a leader and has priorities more important than studying to be the best QB he can be. I don't know if Mills is a boom or a bust QB. But I don't think Dwayne Haskins has anything to do with it. Kellen Mond has started more games than any other prospect... that may give scouts more reassurance that they know what they are getting, but it in no way guarantees anything. I agree with you on your 2nd point. But I don't think any QB drafted by Washington is going to be an immediate starter, whether they draft him in the first 2 rounds or not.

I agree.

Haskins also showed enough development in the 2nd half of his rookie season to lead you to believe he had the ability to play at the NFL level. It was mental, and I don't think it was because he couldn't grasp the system, it was because he couldn't grasp being an adult. I don't think his final chapter is written either to be honest... I just think we were in a situation that a decision had to be made and Rivera made it. The questions become if / when he grows enough to dedicate himself on the level it takes to get there.

Pretty cool pic of the overall draft order...as of now. Tried posting just the image but said it didn’t have an allowed extension. IDK, you guys know I’m retarded with computering.

Oh and Casserly thinks we’re going after Lance fwiw

Here ya go

1619040183736.png

I don't think he ever said anything about a QB :)

Yeah, the article was about then fielding calls for the 10th pick. Each article was different, but it was basically the same. The writers are speculating so they can say they were right before the draft. I’m just more curious with all the movement that could happen, how much does that change who is available. Will it be like when Allen fell to about this same spot? Or will it be a situation where teams moved up and took they guys they were expecting to be there at 19. We can all read mock drafts of who each team might take, but come draft night that first trade happens and then it all gets turned upside down.

Yeah, the article was about then fielding calls for the 10th pick. Each article was different, but it was basically the same. The writers are speculating so they can say they were right before the draft. I’m just more curious with all the movement that could happen, how much does that change who is available. Will it be like when Allen fell to about this same spot? Or will it be a situation where teams moved up and took they guys they were expecting to be there at 19. We can all read mock drafts of who each team might take, but come draft night that first trade happens and then it all gets turned upside down.

I think the reports of teams moving is an easy way to sell articles. Yes there likely will be some movement, but by and large NFL GMS / Coaches follow the mentality of Rivera. Let the draft play out and see what happens.

To be honest, I don't think NFL GMs and Coaches put as much stock in the draft as we do. Obviously they care and it's a part of their process, but they don't look at it the way fans do. We fall in love with guys, while I think teams (at least the good ones) don't. We see the draft as a way to revamp a roster and pick a bunch of new players, while they look at it as a job fair for lack of a better term. They know they won't be getting all their preferred applicants, because the collection of a couple players brings more to the table than trading a lot for a single prospect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.