• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Draft Thread - Officially pick 19th - 1st post updated with picks

Thanks Schefter for the late news. I could have used that knowledge when making my draft pool picks.

Just like the rumor in 2017 was that Jonathan Allen would have a short and underwhelming career due to shoulder issues.

Shaka Toney will make this team.....as a converted linebacker.

I would keep another young rusher rather than spend significant money to bring Kerrigan back.

I have started to see press talking about Kerrigan because he is still out there.

But for us on defense I think we are beyond signing guys for leadership. I think we have some younger leaders on D already.

Kerrigan wasn't a token leadership player, he was very effective in his role and I think that can continue. I don't want to pay starter edge money to bring him back but would love to pay 30+ rotational pass rusher money to have him be that for us

I think the issue isn’t so much whether Kerrigan still has gas in the tank - I think he does. But we have to remember there are only so many roster spots and even PS spots. Bringing him back, by definition, means one less youngster with potential that you can’t keep. I’m not sure if you believe that you are drafting well that this is the way to go.

I just don't think we need him.

There are other areas of the roster where getting a $4M or so player could be of much greater overall value in 2021, although one wonders what Kerrigan is asking for in terms of compensation. He says he is still a starter which means that $4M plug figure I used is probably half what he wants.

My only concern is the depth. Asking Young / Sweat to play 80% of the snaps is bad for business. To ask Smith-Williams or Toohill to come into the game and not be targeted could be a dicey situation as well. Having a guy like Kerrigan who can play pass rushing downs and in the 'knock knock' situation Sweat or Young goes down you keep a certain level of ability.

That said, Smith Williams or Toohill may be able to fill in but similar to our depth at RB and at TE, while we feel very comfortable in the starters, what's behind them is a question mark.

Slotted salaries for rookies are so much better than the old system that had regular holdouts. I know the players want all they can get, but now guys have to earn it and aren’t handed that Sam Bradford money he never earned.

Reactions: Om
Patterson from his college scouting reports was definitely good enough to be drafted.

I just read Washington could save $7.7M by designating Landon Collins a post-June 1 cut.

Otherwise counting $16.9M against the cap for 2021, it would be difficult to imagine keeping him to be a rotation or depth player.

PFF rated Collins a 60.0 for the games he played before the injury. We know Curl had 88 tackles, 3 picks and 2 sacks as a rookie on the cheapest possible contract.

Hard to see Collins coming back better than before the injury.

I wonder if he goes and the team brings Kerrigan back.

1621125004375.png

Washington has added a bevy of safety candidates in the offseason. There is clear flux at the position and with Curl’s development it appears it’s the spot next to him that is the big question Mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.