• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2014 Winter Olympics Thread

Aw man, Bode Miller couldn't capitalize on his fantastic week and we'll not get his 6th medal just yet.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Goaldeje and Win4us?

Stop.

Oh man, huge upset in the half pipe. Shaun White will not medal for the first time in three Olympics!

Costas woke up this morning with both eyes crusted shut, and will step aside from coverage of the Olympics. No word on who will step in for him.

Couldn't have happened to a better person.

(sorry I hate Costas so much)

Looks like Matt Lauer will take his place.

After round and round of the snow boarders falling on the half pipe and the announcers saying the conditions were very poor causing problems, Shaun White went out there and ripped it up like it was the easiest thing he's ever done.

And that was just his qualifying run.

Costas woke up this morning with both eyes crusted shut, and will step aside from coverage of the Olympics. No word on who will step in for him.

Now maybe I will watch.

the 15 year old from japan put in a ridiculous run.

he's 15...

first snow boarding half pipe medal for japan

shaun white :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I didn't read your spoiler because I wanted to watch it so I didn't know that. :)

Oh, I didn't read your spoiler because I wanted to watch it so I didn't know that. :)

Lol... theoretically spoilers could go on indefinitely!

The Olympic men's hockey tournament starts(ed) this morning! I know not everyone is into hockey but for me, this is the best part of the winter Olympics.

Caught the first period of team USA's first game this morning, they look good.

John Carlson scores the first goal for team USA! Go Caps!

John Carlson scored for the US, Ovechkin scored for Russia, and Backstrom notched an assist yesterday. Go Caps!

With all due respect to snowboarders, slopestyle on skis is effing bad ass! Looks way harder and way cooler, IMO.

For the third time in US winter Olympics history, they have swept the podium in an event. Gold, Silver and Bronze in men's slopestyle skiing.

The US Men's Hockey team crushed Slovakia 7-1 (should've been 7-0, the refs missed a clear offsides on the Slovak goal). This team looks really good...I think they definitely medal, the big question will be where they finish. Russia and Canada are struggling early, and the Swedes are their usual smooth selves. Quick/Lundqvist will be quite the goalie battle.

Marty Erat scored for the Czech Republic early this morning, so now 4 of 5 Capitals in Sochi have tallied at least one point. Only MoJo is scoreless so far, but that's not surprising at all. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.